Music for studying

longloststar

Been looking around for some sweet chillout and "chilloutish" proggressive/goa/whatever to listen to while studying. Found and loved the following:

Eat Static - abduction (are all their albums in this vein? love it)

Galaxy - angel

Children of the bong

Puff dragon

The orb

Etnica - juggling...

Abakus - that much closer to the sun

Celtic Cross - hicksville

Bluetech

Not what Im looking for:

Shulman

Ott

So, what do you have for me?

Have you tried Mystery Of The 13 Crystal Skulls and Secret Of The 13 Crystal Skulls? Besides that the Pierre Cloud - La Moment album is also very nice, also including some uptempo tracks. Backroom Beats 2 is also nice, mixed styles there.

S-Range - 2001

Don't know why, but I like the rhytm section very much in that release... it's dancy enough to move your head on the music and it's not complex enough to get your full attention... :)

study without music :ph34r:

:o NO! :o

I like all from ultimae... or some ambient like Steve Roach works for me too (if I'm not too tired).

another good one for studying (I think) is Master Margherita - Mastura! :)

I need music that actually stimulates me to take in my knowledge better... usually it's just distracting because it's more interesting than the study material. And listening really well to music and writing smart stuff don't go together that well in my opinion...

S-Range - 2001

Don't know why, but I like the rhytm section very much in that release... it's dancy enough to move your head on the music and it's not complex enough to get your full attention... :)

:o

I could never study to S-Range. I already tried. Got up in the middle of studying and started dancing in front of the desk. In the end it lead to nothing :P

I could not study to any of the other stuff mentioned by you guys either though! It's too mind-consuming. In the end I'm neither concentrating on the studies nor on the music.

I do it like that:

- For CONCENTRATED studying one day before a test or so, I need silence. Works best.

- For unconcentrated studying or for doing excercises I need easy chilled stuff that does not consume too much brain power. Thievery Corporation and their likes as well as Blackfish work nicely.

- For doing boring and monotonous excercises (such as transscripts or the likes) I also can digest some more brain consuming stuff. Progressive is my favourite. Can be some metal too. I love to listen to metal tapes while doing boring excercises or writing stuff...

Depends on what you are studying..

If it's some math or physics, then I prefer silence. Otherwise...

I would say the opposite :D I prefer listening to music when i study maths and psysics. For stuff which i need to memorize, i prefer silence. The thing is, i'm always bored to study so i always listen to music when studying, and i think it keeps me more focused. Maybe thats why my performance isn't so good :P

Studding and working for me means computer work so mostly ambient, downtempo or idm cause this kind of music help stay focus.

Psytrance or similar tunes, no.

Some favourite labels >

ultimae rec. , Merck rec. and Sending orbs releases .

try some soft IDM, like maps n diagrams, or ulrich schnauss.. at a very low volume. definitely not something that you can sing or hum to. you could also try slower trance thats not that psychedelic. try aes dana, or aba structure.

Thank God I don't have to study anymore :)

When I did though I had to study to nice but not too involved music. With psy I always ended up just sat there listening to it & not doing any work :P

Thank God I don't have to study anymore :)

When I did though I had to study to nice but not too involved music. With psy I always ended up just sat there listening to it & not doing any work :P

:lol: +1

Some progressive on low volume is better.

Stevie Be-Zet - Archaic Modulation

For reading books etc. Maybe not for more intelligent work like maths or studying hard trying to get the facts to sink in. But for some lightweight studying, this works fine.