What music are you listening to right now?

Sputum Rotgut

listening to the new IM album

https://www.discogs.com/Infected-Mushroom-More-Than-Just-A-Name/release/15327777

and it sounds terrible. full with disharmonic melodies and break beats all the time. and the singing is just aweful. lucky this time its not so overfilled with it.

maybe 30% of the music sounds nice and you think oh cool this sounds somehow like the good old stuff from IM .... but then again some weird disruption comes in.

i dont know.....i just miss the beautiful old infected sound...this one is more like i dont know...daft punk with a stronger beat.

also the vinyl pressing sounds weak and low, artwork very cheesy. imho 2/5

4 hours ago, psyhoe said:

also the vinyl pressing sounds weak and low, artwork very cheesy. imho 2/5

So are you a collector of some kind (perhaps only some artists)... just wondering why one would buy any newer IM releases. Perhaps you liked the albums before ? I could not find much at all to like, there were some good ideas and teh track starts ok, then gets ruined by some annoying element(s).
For me this sounds like a kind of childrens music, and do not get me wrong there is nice children music out there (if IM belongs to it is debatable)

Another one, always them high pitched annoying sounds and those vox arg

• 2 weeks later...
6 hours ago, AstralSphinx said:

Listening through the 3 Dimension 5 albums on Suntrip + Ra - To Sirius and Ra - 9th. They just fit together so well if one starts with the D5 stuff and then jumps to To Sirius and finish with 9th. Anybody know why Dimension 5 haven't made any new Goa? They play live occassionally it seems?

what i remember is that they have been working on a new album, but they did use fullon knb which wasn't accepted by suntrip (and tbh from the sample i heard it didn't really fit that well to the rest of the music which sounded like a straight continuation from their old stuff). but this was a good number of years ago now. i still have hope that we'll see a new d5 album before the astral album ;)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...