Site questions / Requests

NEMO.BOFH

unikos, before you and your sorry ass clique of virtual whiners leave this place, drop by and I'll give you a tissue for your snotty nose.

i am so impressed by your way of saying things. it makes me (and my clique!!??) appear like such a loser and you like such an important and cool man. congratulations.

Naturally, my life had absolutely nothing to do with the Off Topic, but that is mainly because I have a life, and always had one. So there was no need for me to click there.

But now even my eyes feel better when I see psynews regaining its original purpose and stand, that of informing and discussing aspects of various forms of psychedelic music and its elements, culture, widespread appreciation, etc.

how was the off topic hindering you and everyone else from talking about psytrance then? especially if you didnt click and visit the OT?

iirc there was no continuing spam problem in the general.

btw, the original purpose of this site was to get news about psytrance and provide meeting ground for the psy community. the fact people were free to discuss what they wanted and have fun was what made this place different to isratrance and widened its member base. dunno if you were around in the beginning of psynews, but this is what characterised it for years and years.

this community is far bigger than the artists, label managers and the few who are yet to get tired of having the same discussions about the mostly crap music. however, if you had the common sense to note where the offtopic people participated in psytrance discussion, you'd see a LOT of people would only comment on the very few threads talking about music as interesting as the music we knew years ago. of course this went unnoticed and you're now labeling these people as outsiders. which is messed up.

Which directy implies this forum does not need you.

you are actually happy to form your own "clique"? those people who have been into this scene for 5 or 10 years (and have the audacity to criticise it nowadays and dont spend their "lives" analising kickdrums and production quality for 10 years) are not part of it, or should not be allowed to have everyday discussions in this site, something happening from the beginning until now, according to "your side" (because you people are dividing the people here in sides).

Topics about feaces, bulgarian highways, cheating girlfreinds and math homeworks just don't belong here. Obviously you never did either. So, good night.

no they dont belong in a world dominated by uptight snobs.. cause even if they dont click the link to the OT, these topics somehow magically appear in front of them.

there was a day when this scene was about being open to anything and the fans applied a "live and let live" approach to life. now it seems people like to turn it into another snob scene. next thing you're gonna organise parties and ban fluoro clothing.

not saying anything like bye or good night or whatever. im not a man of black or white. more like middle ground ;)

Some thing totally differrent! I have problems reading my page w firefox, all the treads are only showing one or two posts, like this:

Posted Image

is it something I did wrong at some point? I mean some control stuff?

Hi, scroll to the top of the thread, and then you see on the right side a drop down called Options. Click on that and then chose standard! :)

there was a day when this scene was about being open to anything and the fans applied a "live and let live" approach to life. now it seems people like to turn it into another snob scene. next thing you're gonna organise parties and ban fluoro clothing.

I thought you were gone Unikos.

I like the "live and let live" approach, but it looks like many in the OffTopic mistook it with anarchy and relentless criticism.

Let's compare with what's comparable: In an increasing number of forums, if your first post is related to something already explained in the FAQ, you get instantly banned. Not here right? To be honnest I don't like this kind of virtual autoracy. By barely moderating for years, it was quite a freedom you won't find in many other places.

However, after years of experience with the OffTopic, I also came to the conclusion that, not only can't you just let people manage it by themselves, but education doesn't work either. Last time I tried this was 3 years ago. I complained the OffTopic was a mess and people should behave. Those who remember will also remember I ran into scores of criticism, was accused of dictatorship and such. This were already far too strong and misused words to qualify a still quite permissive policy.

Recently, after the 1st hack we were about to recruit specific moderators for the OffTopic. Meaning that we didn't want it shut in the first place. We would have come back to the approach other forums use and I described before. However, there was the 2nd hack. Why spend so much energy and precious time where there are such risks? Sure, the decision to close the OffTopic is negative for its users, but it cuts the risks and hopefully guarantees the continuity of the main topic of these forums: Psytrance, and the other websites running on the same machine.

Hi, scroll to the top of the thread, and then you see on the right side a drop down called Options. Click on that and then chose standard! :)

SWEEET! thank u!

Damn I hate when I have to use explorer, decreases my quality of life! :D

thanks mars for taking the time to write all this in detail.

despite the "bitterness" left over the closing of the OT, the reasons you state have been discussed before and are perfectly understandable.

for the record, even if i still think the OT should be open, i didnt say this is going to turn into a snob scene because you decided you've had enough. it was because of what rino said about me (or US, the OT clique as he put it) have no place in this forum.

i am so impressed by your way of saying things. it makes me (and my clique!!??) appear like such a loser and you like such an important and cool man. congratulations.

how was the off topic hindering you and everyone else from talking about psytrance then? especially if you didnt click and visit the OT?

iirc there was no continuing spam problem in the general.

btw, the original purpose of this site was to get news about psytrance and provide meeting ground for the psy community. the fact people were free to discuss what they wanted and have fun was what made this place different to isratrance and widened its member base. dunno if you were around in the beginning of psynews, but this is what characterised it for years and years.

this community is far bigger than the artists, label managers and the few who are yet to get tired of having the same discussions about the mostly crap music. however, if you had the common sense to note where the offtopic people participated in psytrance discussion, you'd see a LOT of people would only comment on the very few threads talking about music as interesting as the music we knew years ago. of course this went unnoticed and you're now labeling these people as outsiders. which is messed up.

you are actually happy to form your own "clique"? those people who have been into this scene for 5 or 10 years (and have the audacity to criticise it nowadays and dont spend their "lives" analising kickdrums and production quality for 10 years) are not part of it, or should not be allowed to have everyday discussions in this site, something happening from the beginning until now, according to "your side" (because you people are dividing the people here in sides).

no they dont belong in a world dominated by uptight snobs.. cause even if they dont click the link to the OT, these topics somehow magically appear in front of them.

not saying anything like bye or good night or whatever. im not a man of black or white. more like middle ground ;)

rino listens to techno.

rino listens to techno.

shiny bulgarian crash techno :lol:

I disagree with what Rino said, that guy is far from "reality". Whatever, i wont cry for offtopic, it wont be opened anyway and not sure if i would if that could help. Unikos, dont spend your energy there :wub:

Babas da cheese room is soon to be open, hold tight!

shiny bulgarian crash techno :lol:

I disagree with what Rino said, that guy is far from "reality". Whatever, i wont cry for offtopic, it wont be opened anyway and not sure if i would if that could help. Unikos, dont spend your energy there :wub:

Babas da cheese room is soon to be open, hold tight!

that room is already opened, you were just not invited :P

And I do agree with you, there is absolutely no need to spend energy on discussing the openening or closing of the Off Topic. It will not open and thats that.

It would be nice to see the Entertaining Thread, which was in fact very funny, resurrected somehow... It was one of the best in the O/T.

Maybe I should ask Santa Claus...

It would be nice to see the Entertaining Thread, which was in fact very funny, resurrected somehow... It was one of the best in the O/T.

Maybe I should ask Santa Claus...

The cultural /spiritual section will be missed as well. so many good debates / arguments developed over so many interesting and worthwhile topics. tis a real pity it gone. I thought that section would be spared..

cant you make it a hidden subsection on the electronica board? :ph34r:

The cultural /spiritual section will be missed as well. so many good debates / arguments developed over so many interesting and worthwhile topics. tis a real pity it gone. I thought that section would be spared..

cant you make it a hidden subsection on the electronica board? :ph34r:

+1. None of the problems you described ever occurred in cultural or the tech section of offtopic

If there's a substitute for the offtopic forum I'd like to know.

To be honest I miss offtopic, even it was only for posting my thoughts on something... :lol: Or to engage a bit in discussion about some interesting, cool or weird subject. Or to laugh at the great humor, weird members and totally unreal threads never seen before on the internet (radi).

I felt there were some like-minded people here, with similar tastes and attitude in life.

The forum kind of filled a social gap. That sounds emo, but it's just an honest observation. I have good friends IRL, but still some things I would enjoy more discussing on psynews than with my friends, like music, movies, or philosophical subjects etc. because most of my friends have such awful tastes and different views on things.

So basicly that's why I like(d) this forum. :posford:

For real. I havent visited much recently and I never posted a huge amount, but it was great to have a place like this where there was always something entertaining, where I could vent if I needed to. I dont know of anyplace on the internet quite like psynews. For real, there are numerous times when Ive been in a bad mood or something and then thought of something on psynews and laughed or smiled or felt just a little bit better. I

However I get where Mars is coming from with closing it down. Off topic is most likely to stir up emotions, and since he doesnt have time to spend his life fighting some hacker shitheads gruges, so he has to close it. Fair enough, but its just really sad and Im really going to miss Off-Topic.

And does anyone happen to have an archive of the pics from "stunning cute beutiful women (not work safe)" thread?? :ph34r:

He who wants answers, maybe should not have a FULL inbox!

This message can not be sent because the recipient's inbox is full.

This personal message has not been sent

REZNIK! ;)

i suggest nemo to open a new thread here in which we discuss where we will go now, so we dont get lost and our friendships that have built up for so many years dont get distroyed..

Nope, I wont do that. You empty your inbox, and then I will let you know.

• 2 weeks later...

eemm a simple request...(to me at least), can u put off topic back as read only?

theres lots of threads that made part of what psynews actually was, and while taking in consideration all the facts that lead to the actions taken by the mods, they (the threads) deserve some sort of "respect" by letting us read them from time to time and remember )))

and many non off topic stuff were said in the off topic , so another reason to want to access it

and a really utopic request would be to resuscitate the entertaining thread.....pleaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaase??? :)

eemm a simple request...(to me at least), can u put off topic back as read only?

theres lots of threads that made part of what psynews actually was, and while taking in consideration all the facts that lead to the actions taken by the mods, they (the threads) deserve some sort of "respect" by letting us read them from time to time and remember )))

and many non off topic stuff were said in the off topic , so another reason to want to access it

and a really utopic request would be to resuscitate the entertaining thread.....pleaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaase??? :)

are you pervert? shame on you and your ideas! :P