Site questions / Requests

NEMO.BOFH

I'm still mostly a new jack here. But uh, I don't see why people are leaving unless they have absolutely nothing to contribute or say about psytrance (and related genres)? I guess that's understandable. I mean, it's not like we lost a brother or something... or is it? o.รด

To be honest, when you got used of the off-topic it's really hard to see it gone. But yes, to announce you're leaving the forum sounds a bit too much IMO.

Would it be possible to keep the offtopic forum but on a separate server? If someone made a separate forum just for the oftopic it wouldnt need to be maintained by the regular psynews admins and mods. There could even be a link like with the regular subforums, something like this:

ย 

Psychedelic offtopic forum

Disclaimer: This forum has nothing to do with psynews exept for it being a meeting place for psynews members and others that feel an urge to discuss other topics than psychedelic trance.

ย 

ย 

Im not volunteering or anything, just making a suggestion since alot of people wants to keep the offtopic.

I thought that's what 48hours was for. <_<

ย 

But whatever. It seems that something has been set up.

ย 

ย 

ย 

Edit: Though, it seems that that place doesn't have any forums yet? I guess nemo is still setting it up. I don't know, I just registered and waiting for nemo to grant my account privileges.

If there's a substitute for the offtopic forum I'd like to know.

To be honest I miss offtopic, even it was only for posting my thoughts on something... :lol: Or to engage a bit in discussion about some interesting, cool or weird subject. Or to laugh at the great humor, weird members and totally unreal threads never seen before on the internet (radi).

I felt there were some like-minded people here, with similar tastes and attitude in life.

The forum kind of filled a social gap. That sounds emo, but it's just an honest observation. I have good friends IRL, but still some things I would enjoy more discussing on psynews than with my friends, like music, movies, or philosophical subjects etc. because most of my friends have such awful tastes and different views on things.

So basicly that's why I like(d) this forum. :posford:

haha,

ย 

why would anyone register on another forum just so that they can talk about something else than psytrance, with the psynews people, ridiculous.

ย 

how many people are online atm at psynews, 4 ? good show!

haha,

ย 

why would anyone register on another forum just so that they can talk about something else than psytrance, with the psynews people, ridiculous.

ย 

familiarity and that sense of knowing someone, i suppose.

haha,

ย 

ย 

Talking to like minded people about anything has it's appeal.

I guess you don't want to join, you probably wont be missed.

ย 

edit: I've never understood this, why do I have to register? problem so many people have. It takes like 2 minutes. Just how lazy are you?

I'm actually glad the off topic is gone...

ย 

For one thing, a topic about other styles of electronic music is much more interesting.

ย 

Aaaaaaaaaaaaand, drama queens whoose lives have been "irrevocably and undeniably influenced by the off topic section" can finally go and get a life now. A crappy one perhaps, but it'll be a step forward nonetheless. Get girlfriends and jobs, contribute to society...

ย 

For one thing, a topic about other styles of electronic music is much more interesting.

ย 

Aaaaaaaaaaaaand, drama queens whoose lives have been "irrevocably and undeniably influenced by the off topic section" can finally go and get a life now. A crappy one perhaps, but it'll be a step forward nonetheless. Get girlfriends and jobs, contribute to society...

i totally agree

site is much lighter and easier to be browsed.

ย 

and to answer unikos: there is not JUST 1 topic here, there are many, all about psytrance: album reviews, dj section, interviews, lost tracks, labels/artists announcements, parties and maybe there will be also the religion/philosophy section that anoebis talked about (or was about general cultures?) well in any case, there are gazillions of forums around speaking about other things, just pick your interest and register elsewhere :) I hope many people will now contribute more to the site with reviews and all the sections.

ย 

And to the many people who still think is not a good idea: they hacked the site because they got obsessed/banned/insulted/whatever IN the offtopic section.

I didn't see anywhere else that misbehavior of participants, and if some people came here only for the off topic section, well, I personally don't miss them, the more people into psytrance the better. This is a forum for the diffusion of psychedelic trance music culture, isn't it ?

i totally agree

ย 

and to answer unikos: there is not JUST 1 topic here, there are many, all about psytrance: album reviews, dj section, interviews, lost tracks, labels/artists announcements, parties and maybe there will be also the religion/philosophy section that anoebis talked about (or was about general cultures?) well in any case, there are gazillions of forums around speaking about other things, just pick your interest and register elsewhere :) I hope many people will now contribute more to the site with reviews and all the sections.

ย 

And to the many people who still think is not a good idea: they hacked the site because they got obsessed/banned/insulted/whatever IN the offtopic section.

I didn't see anywhere else that misbehavior of participants, and if some people came here only for the off topic section, well, I personally don't miss them, the more people into psytrance the better. This is a forum for the diffusion of psychedelic trance music culture, isn't it ?

Well, ONE member actually got banned for being a dick in General, BEFORE the first hack actually :D You know who I mean, hes angry with you on Discogs! :lol:

Well, ONE member actually got banned for being a dick in General, BEFORE the first hack actually :D You know who I mean, hes angry with you on Discogs! :lol:

ahahaha

i mailed him about that nonsense, and he answered that he put me in "angry list" cause supposedly i didn't answer to 3 private messages of him asking for music, so, for ignoring such a request i got myself in the angry list.

ย 

Now i think i understand how some people manage to get banned :).

ย 

But after explaining him that I was extremely busy with the label and the release, and that in any case i got ONE only message that i didn't answer to, he was all happy and removed me from that place....

Talking to like minded people about anything has it's appeal.

I guess you don't want to join, you probably wont be missed.

That really hurts, abasio from the internet doesn't like me.

ย 

In retrospect, as much as it pains me to admit it, Feathers was right about many things when it came to this forum.

I dont fancy psytrance anymore so... tata for me also :( .

ย 

I had a really good time in psynews , take care everybody :)

look at the bottom of psynews, there is a topic for other electronic music... ;)

ย 

[mars update: it's moved just under the general now]

That really hurts, abasio from the internet doesn't like me.

ย 

In retrospect, as much as it pains me to admit it, Feathers was right about many things when it came to this forum.

:lol: it wasn't meant to hurt mate. It's not that I don't like you it's just that I couldn't give a toss if you don't want to talk to psy people anymore.

Oh & feathers is over at the other place :ph34r:

ย 

ย 

since you're glad its gone, i can only think the off topic had done something bad to you in the past yes? but how did this happen?

was off topic part of general? no.

if you didnt care for the drama you could have stayed in general/away from the off topic at any rate. simple really, all you had to do was to not click the link.

ย 

did your life have anyting to do with the off topic? did you make real life friends from the off topic? if not, this forum was not as important to you as it was for other people. if yes, its weird you're glad it is gone.

ย 

btw, congratulations for playing mature and important in life over the internet. not like them unemployed virgin losers in off topic..

ย 

and other styles of electronic music have been discussed in the off topic for years. (of course the separate forum could have been created at any point in time, irrespective of the existance of an off topic forum)

ย 

i dont understand your logic at all.

ย 

i totally agree

why, was one line of text saying "off topic" in the main forum page too much?

its not like people from off topic were invading the general with spam.

ย 

ย 

okay not one topic. many topics about one aspect of this scene, making it a "bannable offense" to talk about other things. thats very neat.

ย 

i assume this psychedelic trance culture is about the music and just the music. no talkie. like it happens in real life. everybody is in it for the awesome music. nobody goes to festivals for meeting people/making friends, have a laugh, exchange viewpoints, etc.

oh wait..

ย 

the cultural, spiritual and technology sub forums were an integral part of off topic, with the participants being primarily those who frequented the off topic. keeping those, while getting rid of the main off topic, would be very hypocritical imho.

ย 

btw, i dont get how the "hacker" only operates if the off topic is working. makes zero sense to me.

btw, i dont get how the "hacker" only operates if the off topic is working. makes zero sense to me.

That's because it's a lie.

ย 

Aight, time for me to say auf wiedersehen as well.

ย 

gl hf

@ Unikos, you're being ridiculous wth an absurd reasoning.

@ Late, I would also appreciate you wouldn't acuse persons involved into this discussion of lying. This kind of behavior do generate tensions as described in my initial post here http://www.psynews.org/forums/index.php?sh...st&p=914419

Like FTP before, your arguing for the sake of arguing just stands by my position. On top of this you're both adding distorted arguments, and a lack of behavior.

ย 

ย 

Removing the OffTopic is an attempt to free ourselves, and myself from ordeals as described in my post.

ย 

Ok, I'll help you, look: I may have walked on my neighbor's shoe in the supermarket, and he may have resented me to the extent of searching what my interests were and hacking the server. Maybe it's also a complete random hack (there were 2 hacks btw). Well you have to know that you need a lot of motivation and knowledge to hack into a Debian server with a 12 chars root password...

ย 

Anyway, judging by the fact that 5 out of the 6 websites put down were about Psytrance, I believe the person who did that didn't like psytrance a bit, but yet was involved into psynews in some way. Add to that the fact Psynews is the only of these 6 websites to have a community...<using my brain for 0.04 second>...See what I mean?

ย 

A hacker doesn't operate only if the OffTopic is working. This is bogus. The Offtopic is removed because the root cause of the hack is likely to be the OffTopic. Do you undertsand when it's formulated like that or should I try harder?

ย 

ย 

Now I would appreciate you leave this place, indeed. auf wiedersehen.

unikos, before you and your sorry ass clique of virtual whiners leave this place, drop by and I'll give you a tissue for your snotty nose.

ย 

Naturally, my life had absolutely nothing to do with the Off Topic, but that is mainly because I have a life, and always had one. So there was no need for me to click there.

ย 

But now even my eyes feel better when I see psynews regaining its original purpose and stand, that of informing and discussing aspects of various forms of psychedelic music and its elements, culture, widespread appreciation, etc. Which directy implies this forum does not need you.

ย 

Topics about feaces, bulgarian highways, cheating girlfreinds and math homeworks just don't belong here. Obviously you never did either. So, good night.