Site questions / Requests

NEMO.BOFH

Hi All,

Since a lot of you use the Complaints about moderation topic to post requests or questions about functionality of the site, I thought it would be a good idea to have a thread dedicated for those kind of things instead. You can either post your request/question in THIS thread, or you can send a PM to a MOD/Admin if you need anything!

Regards,

Nemo

I want that GOD MODE feature you have. :P

Well one feature does come in mind, an alternative skin for psynews as an option. Something more dark I guess, to keep the eyes from bleedin out at 2 AM :) Just an idea.

not going to happen x2 :) no time for that. :D

K ill ask this here than as I dont know where else to put this. I had an old account on here from 2005(Pacal Votan with caps I checked & apparently someone has an identical one with no caps on the P/V) that I stopped using as I didnt have internet for 06-07, plus I didnt want that user name anymore. My queston is I have heard that ppl can ask mods/admins for a name change & I was wondering if it was possible to change the name of my old account to this one &/or merge them together. ie change all my posts as Pacal to Indred or is that even possible? If not could I then just change the name & delete all posts with this account. Ive only got like 80 with this so I dont mind I have around 1400 with my old one. Again im not too sure how this works. I can pm someone my old e-mail/password to prove its my account. thx in advance.

K ill ask this here than as I dont know where else to put this. I had an old account on here from 2005(Pacal Votan with caps I checked & apparently someone has an identical one with no caps on the P/V) that I stopped using as I didnt have internet for 06-07, plus I didnt want that user name anymore. My queston is I have heard that ppl can ask mods/admins for a name change & I was wondering if it was possible to change the name of my old account to this one &/or merge them together. ie change all my posts as Pacal to Indred or is that even possible? If not could I then just change the name & delete all posts with this account. Ive only got like 80 with this so I dont mind I have around 1400 with my old one. Again im not too sure how this works. I can pm someone my old e-mail/password to prove its my account. thx in advance.

Try sending a PM to Mars about this one. That is probably the best bet you got :)

Hi

I would like to have in my controls section a ban button :lol: i wanna ban people to :(

I would like to have that button as well, like INSTABAN and woosh, all gone! :) Unfortunately I have to go to the backend, do some stuff, fuck its so annoying that prolly 99% of the people I want to ban are still not banned. :D

In profiles, View all Friends is funky. Only shows a few and the rest are cut off.

Yeah, its like that on my test forum as well. I think it is a bug really. Maybe Mars needs to upgrade to latest version, but then again, upgrading sometimes fucks things up more than fixing things... :) Lets see what Marsman says :)

• 2 weeks later...

Is there a way to change the layout so it just shows the posts in chronological order with quotes rather than the tree of "posts in this topic"?

Go to options at the top of the thread.

Switch display mode to standard.

I'd like to humbly request a new smiley, a bit like the posford one but like a little dancer or some, was thinking of it when I was writing in "what are you listening to" topic. The drama is the closest I can think of but it seems more likely to be used as in a discussion going over the edge....a dance smiley!

I'd like to humbly request a new smiley, a bit like the posford one but like a little dancer or some, was thinking of it when I was writing in "what are you listening to" topic. The drama is the closest I can think of but it seems more likely to be used as in a discussion going over the edge....a dance smiley!

Posted Image ...or maybe Posted Image ?

:D

Right click on an animated image somewhere on the web, select Properties or Image properties and copy the Location or Address.

Then click on the Image button here in the text editor and paste the link.

ah. of course. It was an animated pic.....sometimes...

Forrrrrummmm sloooooooowwwwww.

Otto, that is a complaint, not a question!! :D

Yeah, I noticed that as well today. Eventhough I have a new 20mbit connection (and everything else is fast as fuck) Psynews is slow like hell today :( I think its some heavy traffic going on again on the server, and that it will be back tomorrow to normal.

Mars can confirm (or not) :)

Otto, that is a complaint, not a question!! :D

Yeah, I noticed that as well today. Eventhough I have a new 20mbit connection (and everything else is fast as fuck) Psynews is slow like hell today :( I think its some heavy traffic going on again on the server, and that it will be back tomorrow to normal.

Mars can confirm (or not) :)

Sorry, I edited it. ;) The slowness has been going on for at least a week for me.

Sorry, I edited it. ;) The slowness has been going on for at least a week for me.

Really, It only started last night for me (Before the Switch to the new ISP). :( I have noticed a bug in the new firefox 3 though, I have to click the "View New Posts" twice to get it loading... or it is a IPB bug... hard to tell really.

Really, It only started last night for me (Before the Switch to the new ISP). :( I have noticed a bug in the new firefox 3 though, I have to click the "View New Posts" twice to get it loading... or it is a IPB bug... hard to tell really.

Sometimes psynews shows the topics that ive just posted in as 'new'. This even happens after i select the option to mark forum as read. It's happens to random threads, some of which I've read their last post or am the last to post in are marked as if there are new unread posts. I guess it's an IPB bug?

Oh and, the slowness has been hapenning to me aswell, it started about 4-5 days ago.

I think a nice feature would be the option to when posting youtube links, to have the videos appearing/streaming directly in the threads, i saw on isratrance that they have this now and on countless other forums as well.

I've been wondering why doesn't the psynews.org link ever change? It's impossible to link to threads from here, having unique links would be good. It's really weird too, never seen it before, except in those flash sites.