Show me your record/CD collection

Guest Astro Cortex

@Penzo, why most of your CDs are still in shrinkwrap? Or you buy 2 copies of each CD? ;)

I used to do it so I only opened the bottom of the wrap with scissors, ripped the CD and put it back in the wrap with the bottom open. Now if I open I just throw the wrap away because I realized I could just get new cases from somewhere.

For Digipaks I always put in re-sealable bags.

Sometimes I don't open them at all, get them the other way, that way I still support the product and it guarantees me to keep them in mint condition.

You could put this all in the category of "annoying collector habits"

Hey antic, good to see you're still around and kickin' :)

Funny thing is, I asked Penzoline the same question a while back, and if my memory stands correct, I think he told me that he stores his CDs in resealable shrink wraps in order to preserve the digipacks from outside damage, moist, etc...

You can buy those around some spots in Zagreb as well, although they are getting harder to come by.

Penzo correct me with a laser gun beam if I am wrong :ph34r:

I will do this to you...

Posted Image

wait nevermind, you were right.

• Replies 237
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well spotted & thanks!

I can't recall why I started storing them latest to earliest. I think probably so the newest release felt like it was on top / at the front.

Please don't make me switch them all back!!! :o

;)

I love looking through the albums people have collected on this thread!

• 1 year later...

I just got a really great deal, bying 350 of them for $450!

Let me shake your hand. ;D

EDIT: Seeing that Jaws Underground album makes me happy. (play it!) Also, does that Save the Robot cover have a hologram effect?

I need a handy shelf unit like you all seem to have. I recently dug out all my cds so decided to take a picture. They are either kept in the purple cabinet in the photo, shelves above it or on the floor infront if Im currently listening to some/getting around to others. some of these stacks are separated for reasons and future projects.

I had 350ish 3 years ago. I've bought a lot since then so maybe over 500 now? I could count the list I typed out and edit when I get new cds..(which needs updating)

S6303082.jpg

S6303083.jpg

S6303085.jpg

Here is mine:

There also 12 more that haven't shelved yet.

You have the exact same shelves as I have :P Guess that's not really surprising seeing where they come from, but still :D

Only have one of them full of goa and kin though, so I'm not yet going to post a picture :P

Is it IKEA Benno? I have that too, but in a different colour.

It is :D decent shelves though. In my experience it's really hard to find a nice shelf with enough space.

It is :D decent shelves though. In my experience it's really hard to find a nice shelf with enough space.

The best is to do shelves by Yourself, You can make exact big as You wish.

Those from ikea could be better placed horizontaly with removed barriers

• 3 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...