Show me your record/CD collection

Guest Astro Cortex

for K-BAN:

that toi doi was only sold on mp3.com and has some damn crazy not known tracks he never released :(... is not a new cd but a freaking rare disc.. otherwise i wouldnt have it placed with the rest

• Replies 237
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 1 month later...
Guest The Journey Man Project

fucking image fucking shack is fucking shitting me up the fucking walll so here is the link and if anyboy knows how to put them on here as seperate images go ahead... I"m now going to beat the fuck out of my boxing bag because I'm so frsutrated by the stupidity behind computers!! FUCK!!

http://profile.imageshack.us/user/tekken2005

Edited by The Journey Man Project

Nice collections everone! Interesting to see how you have put your collections. Personally, I went out and bought a few pieces of wood a few years ago, and built my own cd shelf/wall... Some carpenter work had to be done, because I couldn't find any shelf that had space for all the cds. The one I built rooms about 2500 cds. I will try to take a picture of it when I get my camera together..:) Anyway, here is the list:

http://www.discogs.com/user/PKS

• 1 year later...

main record stack :

Posted Image

side stack, with classical music, and a level of records i need to check if i sell them or not

Posted Image

DVD's + classical CD's on the left, other CD's on the right, special cd's on top

Posted Image

better overview of the main record stack:

Posted Image

the record-crates i'm working with are underneath the turntables and the crates with stuff for sale are somewhere else

My CD collection is in a bit of a mess these days. It's a fair size (around 300), and it all used to be in a special order known only to me (if someone gave the name of a cd in my collection i could tell them where it was without having to look at the collection, but im guessing im not the only one here who can do that ;)) but we moved house about 3 years ago and i wasn't in the country when we moved so the person who moved all my cds jumbled them all up and theyve been a mess ever since. Well, until a few days ago when i finally decided that it was time to put some order back into it, it's a work in progress atm though, only about 75% done, but i'll be there soon :)

• 2 years later...

nice that you recovered this topic : )

Yep indeed.

As for mine it's in boxes, closets and cupboards scattered all around my appartment. Haven't counted it yet but I guess well over 1000 CD's and between 200 and 300 LP's.

:D

This seemed like too good a thread to let it fall away. Posted Image

Too small and petty to post... That's what she said. :(

She also said that it's not the size that matters but the effort you put in that counts. At least you probably try your best within your own budget constraints to buy what you can. Taking the time to write good quality reviews as you do is another respectable trade for music if you become recognised enough to get a few promo copies here and there.

I've got a pretty small collection compared to what I'd like to have. Posted Image Bout 250CD's purchased over a year and a half period. My expendable income nowhere near matches the extent of my deranged obsession. But I'm the sort of person where I'll only put the effort into and gain the enjoyment from listening if I've paid the cash for it or it's been gifted to me. It's a bit of an honour agreement between myself and the artist in recognition for the effort they've put into their work. I still love the mystique of blind purchasing and/or the anticipation of it arriving in my letterbox rather than the dull ease of clicking a mouse button to "get what I want". Also nothing beats rummaging through a shop or marketplace and finding a gem. How does that compare to a beatspace, blog and/or torrent website? I guess I'm a bit nostalgic or sentimental but it will be a sad day for me if artists stop releasing a physical medium for their work.

Jon

I suggest noone touches those links, just in case.

Use imageshack, tinypic, photobucket if you want to show people your collection mr. "Reserve the good looking sex for the good-looking people.".

I think it's about time Mars would give an active member(Anyone, really) moderator powers so we wouldn't have to deal with these.

isn't this our beloved troll back in action?

• 1 month later...

How soon is now ... ;)

Posted Image

and one more

Posted Image

If you get the sublty in above posts you are a true friend B)

And thanks Jiva.

love all this vinyl u got here,your shelves need reinforcement.

mine soon collapse if i not get a new lool and its only cds.

new thread,whos shelves collapse first haha :)

• 1 month later...

@Abasio, I guess those were not designed to be used as CD shelves, did they?

On the other hand, add a shelve or two and you've got room for further hundreds :)

Yup Abasio I agree you could use up better your space and make them stay all in one square space. Maybe the one in the back will be a bit less reachable but is probably not a big deal if u know where you store your music.

By the way, do you people sort stuff randomly or by genre or by label or all alphabetically?

I sorted ambient separated by goa and all albums are sorted alphabetically by artists and compilations are sorted by label instead, much easier to find similar sound this way.

If I were to misplace smth it could take some good while to find it.

BTW: the link to my collection still works and has 2010 pictures that i added last year.

EDIT: Ukiro, Mars and Anoebis should update us and post new pictures of their collections ;)

Yeah, when the need arises I could do with getting more shelves but right now everything is easy enough to find even if it's right at the back. Mine is sorted by genre & label but gets mixed up every now and again and I have to spend a few hours resorting it.