Swedish Masters

Starkraver

Forest - Schlab and gang, kiriyama.

Downtempo - Solar Fields, CBL.

Progressive - Vibrasphere.

Minimal - Son Kite, Minilogue.

Goa - Filteria (He does live there)

I love each one of them, some special musical energy gathering around that country.

Whom did I miss.?

Miranda.  Not really familiar with the Swedish psy scene to be honest, I only know Miranda, Ticon and Vibrasphere and not much of them at that.

A little bit of topic

Sweden, considering they are a fairly small country population-wise, has a shit-load of influential artists in many Musical genres:

Abba

Messhugah

Ghost

Graveyeard

Blues Pills

The haunted

Asteroid

pain of slavation

... and many more

+ a shit load of djs and tehnho/house/trance producers and musicians in American or British Bands (Mickey Dee for example)

My guess is that musical education is taken very seriously there, it can't be coincidental.

In our scene, Atmos, Vibrasphere,Ticon and Son Kite have been pioneers and hugely influential in the Psy-prog genre.

Edit: ... how could I forget Bathory!!!!!

• Like 1

A little bit of topic

Sweden, considering they are a fairly small country population-wise, has a shit-load of influential artists in many Musical genres:

Abba

Messhugah

Ghost

Graveyeard

Blues Pills

The haunted

Asteroid

pain of slavation

... and many more

+ a shit load of djs and tehnho/house/trance producers and musicians in American or British Bands (Mickey Dee for example)

My guess is that musical education is taken very seriously there, it can't be coincidental.

In our scene, Atmos, Vibrasphere,Ticon and Son Kite have been pioneers and hugely influential in the Psy-prog genre.

Edit: ... how could I forget Bathory!!!!!

you lucky you mentioned bathory!!!!

quorthon would be turning in his grave... greatest black metal band to ever exist

ooops we way off topic

you lucky you mentioned bathory!!!!

quorthon would be turning in his grave... greatest black metal band to ever exist

ooops we way off topic

Sweden has a significant contribution in extreme metal subgenres. Apart from Bathory the other genre defining black metal band was Dissection. There's just too many to list them here. From Amon Amarth to Opeth, Arch enemy, Dark Funeral and Marduk. Just too many!

• 4 weeks later...

One of my favorites: Miraculix!

I don't think he's still producing but both albums are absolutely awesome. Psytrance from when it was still fresh with the one or other goa trance nuance.

Yesod is from Sweden. One track but amazing track.

Agreed! There's a bit more on his (kinda hidden) SoundCloud:

https://soundcloud.com/qquirq

• Like 1

• 5 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...