NEMO.BOFH

Site questions / Requests

Rotwang    319

how can i make the votes in a poll visible?

In the "Manage Topic Poll" dialog, there's a checkbox next to "Poll Title" that says "Make votes public?". Note that you can't change it after anyone has voted, though.

Paul Eye    414

with this thread, we again have a link that keeps reloading forever.

Yeah, I got that perpetual reloading when I posted it, now it works fine. Must be the cyrillic character in the title.

Padmapani    342

Yeah, I got that perpetual reloading when I posted it, now it works fine. Must be the cyrillic character in the title.

it also works fine for me now. yeah, that must be it...

johnb820    154

Testing some bbcode stuff.

MFG

This post can be deleted.

recursion loop    402

I occasionally broke the review thread of Akshan - The Rise of Atlantis (2013). Posted something here and now the thread doesn't load. Have no idea how I did this  :blush:

recursion loop    402

I occasionally broke the review thread of Akshan - The Rise of Atlantis (2013). Posted something here and now the thread doesn't load. Have no idea how I did this  :blush:

Now I can't open the "Bluetech- lead into gold" thread in General Psytrance. It seems that when someone answers in a thread that has something other than letters and other basic symbols in the title the thread becomes not accessible (the page keeps loading forewer)

EDIT: The thread works again now  :unsure:

Starkraver    852

Bluetech thread is not working yet. Keeps on loading

Hi guys, I feel sad that people refer to such a broad spectrum of electronic music under the "psytrance" umbrella term, ranging from old-school goa trance, all the way to full-on... I mean, when you search for goa trance music, e.g. on Youtube, psy-music.ru or on Spotify, you never know what to expect...It would be like mixing pop rock with hard-rock under one big genre. I like old-school goa trance music and neo-goa, but that's about it...I waste so much time browsing and discarding music online because labelled vaguely or wrongly... On Spotify, there are even playlists labeled as "goa trance", which are actually poor, minimalist, repetitive tunes of no interest to be. Certainly not goa trance music. Regarding the forum, maybe it would be a good idea to divide the top-level section into subgenres? Just thinking at loud...This was the rant of the day :)

thanosp81    250

Hi guys, I feel sad that people refer to such a broad spectrum of electronic music under the "psytrance" umbrella term, ranging from old-school goa trance, all the way to full-on... I mean, when you search for goa trance music, e.g. on Youtube, psy-music.ru or on Spotify, you never know what to expect...It would be like mixing pop rock with hard-rock under one big genre. I like old-school goa trance music and neo-goa, but that's about it...I waste so much time browsing and discarding music online because labelled vaguely or wrongly... On Spotify, there are even playlists labeled as "goa trance", which are actually poor, minimalist, repetitive tunes of no interest to be. Certainly not goa trance music. Regarding the forum, maybe it would be a good idea to divide the top-level section into subgenres? Just thinking at loud...This was the rant of the day :)

Although spot on about the term Goa that everyone uses regardless of the actual music produced I think the idea of dividing the forum accordingly would be a huge mistake. Think of us old schoolers, we wouldn't have anyone reading our rants about how bad NeoGoa is etc etc :P:P:P

• Like 1

recursion loop    402

I think it would make sence just to rename Psynews as Goa Olds. Most regular posters here seem to be not interested in anything but mid-90's goa anyway  :P