Psynews.org presents V/A-Sideffect

Ormion

Yup, that's it. Our compilation is finally here. After months of preparation Sideffect has been released and you can grab it here. http://www.ektoplazm.com/free-music/sideffect

Sideffect

Compiled by Psynews.org

va-sideffect-295x300.jpg

01 - Paul Eye & Olisan - Daikaisho

02 - Hierophant - Intergalactic Love Song

03 - Zero Point Module - Chromatic Fail

04 - Kacid - Confusing Patterns

05 - Saluberrimae - Fl0ating

06 - Radioactive Sandwich - Sound Vibration Technique

07 - Seismic Activity - Revelation

08 - Imba - Moon Tribe

09 - Lapsus - Normality

10 - PhonoPhora - Phunnel (Version 1.1)

Psynews.org wants to thank:

- All the artists that submitted their tracks to our contest. I think we all agree that with the given material we could release 2 or 3 quality compilations.

- All our members that voted for the contest and the positive feedback and suggestions.

- Mars and Richpa for all the help.

- Deimos for the lovely mastering.

- Our own Penzoline for the fantastic cover.

- Basilisk @ ektoplazm for making our compilation available to the public.

We like to close with RTP's message which you can find in the inlay explaining among others the name of the compilation.

"Sideffect", compiled by psynews.org

Many years ago there were times where contests were held at the psynews.org forum -- occasions where the members can poll for their favourites out of a pool of tracks that were voluntarily contributed by others. The top tracks would then make it on a compilation release.

The contests had been a fair success back in the days and people were questioning for a long time if there's going to be another one.

It was in early 2013 where the psynews admins and moderators plotted together to revive this idea once again -- not only as a contribution to its members and fans, but also to show that this idea is not given up and to send fresh vibes out into the psytrance scene as a whole.

Many great tracks were received, some from professional artists, some from talented individuals. The tracks were made available for listening and a voting was held among the psynews.org members, just like it was at the contests in the old days.

And as before, the "winners" of the contest -- the tracks that received the best votes overall -- are released now as a compilation, as a contribution and celebration to the worldwide scene.

Unfortunately, close to the contest taking place, we had to experience the terrible loss of a beloved individual known not only in our circle, but wide across the scene as a cheerful and very good personality. His member name was "Sideffect" and we are very sad that he is gone. This is why we spontaneously chose to name our contest compilation after him, "Sideffect", to express our warmth and friendship towards him. We deeply miss him and believe that our step will do justice that he will not be forgotten not only in our hearts, but also in the one of the listener.

• Like 1

OH lol I thought my iPhone was acting funky when I tried posting this. I thought to myself "well golly gee, this phone doesnt work at all". I guess it was you all along, you sly dog ;)

Anyway, I am glad to see this being released! It is such a great idea, patterning up with Ektoplazm for an awesome showdown of psytrance. Im very glad to see a lot of positive energy was put into it and am excited to start listening. I will certainly be reviewing this as soon as possible! Thanks for the release gang.

OH lol I thought my iPhone was acting funky when I tried posting this. I thought to myself "well golly gee, this phone doesnt work at all". I guess it was you all along, you sly dog ;)

Yeah sorry for that. :D

Glad to be of service and I apologize for it taking so long to get online. I'm happy to see this project reach fruition and I hope the Psynews community continues the tradition of contests now that the ball is rolling again :) congrats again to all the winners!

I didn't know anything about the contest, but when I saw the title I suspected it was named after Koen / Rain / Sideffect. I knew him in our Belgian scene through chat and occasional talks on parties and I like it that this comp is named after him. I also have an old mix of him: "Rainmix". If anyone wants to hear it, contact me.

Very thoughtful to name it after Sideffect, and as I said before I like the variation in the tracklist.

About the 'lovely' mastering: I thought this release was going to be an example of dynamic music? It's compressed like most of the other newschool releases, pretty sad...

I am proud to be part of this too and really happy with everything. Don't care about mastering or cover (both are wonderful imo). Release is symbolic, big specter of styles, artists/members from all around the globe, and a perfect idea to tribute to Sideffect.

Never met Koen, didn't have any private talk with him, i wish it was different... May his spirit live through this release/project and echo to eternity :)

• 5 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

OMG thank you... this is outstanding... I am new to Psy trance...can someone pls tell me if these songs are dark trance or goa trance?

Welcome

01 - Paul Eye & Olisan - Daikaisho (Old school midtempo with Goa elements)

02 - Hierophant - Intergalactic Love Song (Progressive psy)

03 - Zero Point Module - Chromatic Fail (Full On/Twilight)

04 - Kacid - Confusing Patterns (Darkpsy)

05 - Saluberrimae - Fl0ating (Ambient)

06 - Radioactive Sandwich - Sound Vibration Technique (Downtempo)

07 - Seismic Activity - Revelation (Full On with Goa elements)

08 - Imba - Moon Tribe (Goa)

09 - Lapsus - Normality (Goa)

10 - PhonoPhora - Phunnel (Ambient)

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Thanks for the great compilation, many nice tracks, a great concept-tribute and overall a great initiative. Bravo to all involved!

Paul I really liked your track and also the excellent tracks of Saluberrimae, Radioactive Sandwich & Seismic Activity.

Imba is no brainer that delivered a great track and the closer was also top notch!