Tracks that you don't understand why they are big classics?

Prana4ever

We all have our favorites, among them big classics that we like to revisit time and time again. On the other side of the fence, tracks that are considered big classics and you don't get why.

For me: E-Rection - Out there we are stoned (X-Dream remix). A fine track but I think it is very overrated. 

The floor is yours :ph34r:

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Anoebis said:

I am a HUGE Astral Projection lover, but never understood why Mahadeva became so big, while so many other tracks of them were SO much better :D 

I feel the same

AP - Trust in Trance (3)

is often quoted amongst their best releases, or if not, The best. 

Which always rubbed me a bit the wrong way. To be fair, People Can Fly has an awesome theme, and the drop after the buildup is kind of legendary but the track on its own is kind of bland and  not one of my fav AP tracks.. 

And the rest of the tracks on that CD are meh, except Enlightened Evolution. But the Remix of that is still better.  So my nomination goes to the whole TiT3 CD by AP.

Really generic bland tracks on there imo. (for being AP, anyway)

But my main gripe with this album is not People can fly ofc, its Kabalah. Often spoken to be amongst their best, i think its amongst their very worst.

Astral Files isnt really a strong contender either but at least it has the enlightened remix (one of their absolute best ones) and time began.

On 9/21/2021 at 1:16 PM, Anoebis said:

I am a HUGE Astral Projection lover, but never understood why Mahadeva became so big, while so many other tracks of them were SO much better :D 

2 hours ago, thanosp81 said:

That's easy. The muses rapt - spiritual healing. I mean...really? That's a bad bad track.

So... octave bass not your thing, eh? :DDDD

21 hours ago, AstralSphinx said:

is that it features a collab with MFG, I would really have loved to get some more of that on the following albums.

Agree with your whole post but, they did at least make one more tune together, which is absolutely amazing. The Sleeper Must Awake. And ofc their "megamix" called Nintrance. Also amazing. I remember taking the bike to college the years 98-02 (well alot of times i did that) and had this stuff on repeat. This is how I discovered MFG to begin with, as the track Sunshine from Nintrance made me go and visit the Genesis CD.

Would have really loved to see them create more music together as their sounds incorporates so well. 

23 hours ago, AstralSphinx said:

She might not be widely aknowledged and a bit controversial, but she is the sexy secret of the Psy scene. :lol: Undoubtedly a legend of sorts. A true classic even some people claim.

Sometimes there can a be a thin line between art projects and trolling. A bit like Banksy. Whatever the case was with Psynina, the person behind the project seemed to have known how to manipulate a market, which was ready to embrace the creation.

I think this approach is far more common in other genres. And no one would have cared if it was a Pop, RnB or a Hip Hop project. Ghost producers are common. How common they are in Psy today I don’t know. :) Perhaps the Psynina project was ahead of the times?

Well, considering who is behind the project, I see no reason to defend him in any way. Does the name Thomas Vitali ring a bell?

And the less pop industry influence this scene has, the better. All the garbage pop-fullon is already bad enough as it is (but then again, it's not really "psytrance" anymore anyway).

14 hours ago, Proxeeus said:

Also anything "Man with no Name" except for Teleport and his remix of Eat Static - Bony Incus

I think his remixes are by far his best output. He made a lot of great ones, not only Bony Incus... For the trance lovers... The Orange Theme Remix is wonderful, Greece 2000, Quietman, Dream Universe,... 

• Like 1

Another one (prepared to accept the tomatoes people will throw at me) but Shamanix of Hallucinogen is probably his weakest track on both albums and for sure his most well known. Its cheesy and just... meh, while more or less ALL other ones are superb :) 
(probably thats why people love it... easy to digest) :) 

• Like 1

On 9/21/2021 at 11:52 AM, Prana4ever said:

We all have our favorites, among them big classics that we like to revisit time and time again. On the other side of the fence, tracks that are considered big classics and you don't get why.

For me: E-Rection - Out there we are stoned (X-Dream remix). A fine track but I think it is very overrated. 

The floor is yours :ph34r:

That plucky melody sounded sooo trippy back then (still does, imo), combined with the X-dream bassline, the "out here we are stoned" sample and the drop, it was a huge track. 1998, what a year. The Beyond Colour compilation is one of the undisputed masterpieces of this genre.

Personally, I've never understood Green Nuns of the Revolution. The only track of theirs I appreciate is Green Nunions, and that's probably because it sounds like a Posford collaboration. It sounds very much like something from his Space Cat collaboration.

1 hour ago, Anoebis said:

Another one (prepared to accept the tomatoes people will throw at me) but Shamanix of Hallucinogen is probably his weakest track on both albums and for sure his most well known. Its cheesy and just... meh, while more or less ALL other ones are superb :) 
(probably thats why people love it... easy to digest) :) 

I'd bet LSD is his most well known track.