Last movie you saw?

Penzoline

I was pretty interested in that, but wondering if it's actually good. I hate trailers that make a movie look good then it sucks.

I really liked the movie greatly (Ex Machina)

It was something that I have definitely had debates on the Internet about, as not everyone appreciated it as much as I did, but I've won many over and people can be idiots on the Internet at times.

I don't want to delve into much because it's better to not ruin anything, but I highly encourage checking it out

Ex Machina

A real great sci-fi A.I. movie

Also saw this movie. I enjoyed it, but the way it treated the material felt a little too "real" if that makes sense. It raised a lot of questions which is a good thing, but the experience of the movie was a bit tough to get through. Being someone who is quite aware of transhumanism as a concept, this movie produced a lot of anxiety for me.

• Like 1

quietly waiting for new mad max!

saw it yesterday . visuals are stunning , cars and bikes are bad ass but dont expect any of the B grade cult stuff from the 80s :P

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Just got back from seeing Boy and the World.

Brazilian artist Alê Abreu's Academy Award-nominated masterpiece is a riotous explosion of music and color, a breathtakingly original and vibrant cinematic experience that depicts the wonders and struggles of the modern world as seen through the eyes of a young boy.

Cuca’s cozy rural life is shattered when his father leaves for the city, prompting him to embark on a quest to reunite his family. The
young boy’s journey unfolds like a tapestry, the animation taking on greater complexity as his small world expands. Entering
civilization, industrial landscapes are inhabited by animal-machines, with barrios of decoupage streets and shop windows and flashing
neon advertisements that illuminate the night. The story depicts a clash between village and city, hand crafted and mechanized, rich and poor – and throughout the tumult, the heart and soul of the people beats on as a song.

boy_hires11.jpg?format=2500w

Menino_Mundo_10.jpg?format=2500w

Menino_Mundo_15.jpg?format=2500w

• Like 2

^ Looks nice, did you like it?

Oh yea! It was fantastic! I was fortunate enough to see it in the theaters despite having been originally released back in 2013. It's nice to know that quality animation is still being made all around the world. I'm excited to see what kind of animation gets made given the tools available these days. And I'm not referring to CGI. I'm talking computer aided animation.

They can use computers to animate hand drawn things. Much of Boy and the World is like a multi-layered collage brilliantly brought to life.

• 3 weeks later...

Ex-Machina was truly beautiful film. Not only it came out as a refreshing sci-fi drama with intelligent story and plot, but overall acting (hey Oscar Isaac, I'm looking at you) was flawless. Since there isn't a lot of quality sci-fi movies in Holywood in recent years, this one might do the work for all people who are into that genre. The cast was great, visuals were amazing (they won an Oscar for visual effects in front of Star Wars, Mad Max or The Martian), atmosphere during the whole movie is lovely, and it got really nice story. Highly recommended.

IdQNv.jpg

• Like 1

Martian was really good, I agree :) Some of Matt Damons best work, and AWESOME script/story.

It felt very very realistic.

Have seen in three times :)

Btw, Leo finally won his oscar. For those of you familiar with the interwebs, youd now it has been a meme for a very long time now - that in lieu of leos outstanding performances and generally a very well liked actor - the whole internet exploded with new memes and stuff when he got his oscar lol, the internet is hilarious

when ure at it, make sure uve seen Avatar and Interstellar, too.

Two big milestones in movies, IMO.

Then again they are either hate it or love it movies.

Avatar is my fav movie all time and it always makes me cry.

And people hating on it because its so touchy-feely and some even say cheesy, then i truly will defend it and think the people not liking it due to those reasons are probably people I wouldnt want much to do with anyway, as I find it strange NOT to be touched by that movie considering its sensemoral and story

Ex-Machina was truly beautiful film. Not only it came out as a refreshing sci-fi drama with intelligent story and plot, but overall acting (hey Oscar Isaac, I'm looking at you) was flawless. Since there isn't a lot of quality sci-fi movies in Holywood in recent years, this one might do the work for all people who are into that genre. The cast was great, visuals were amazing (they won an Oscar for visual effects in front of Star Wars, Mad Max or The Martian), atmosphere during the whole movie is lovely, and it got really nice story. Highly recommended.

IdQNv.jpg

No good sci-fi movies in Hollywood? I think the recent years have been wonderful in terms of sci-fi movies. I mean;

Interstellar

Edge of Tomorrow

Prometheus

District 9

Elysium

Chappie

Star Trek

Star Wars

Guardians of The Galaxy

Looper

Predestination

The Martian (dissapointment)