5. Godspeed (145 BPM)
  6. Showdown! (145 BPM)
  7. Three (147 BPM)
  8. Termination Shock (147 BPM)
  9. Ultraviolet (142 BPM)
  10. The Essence of Energy (90 BPM)

Order your limited copy: http://neogoarecords.bandcamp.com/album/energy
Shipping starts on July 1st.

All tracks written and produced by Patrick Dinklage between 2013 and 2016.

http://www.neogoa.net/veasna

Mastering by Igor Čeranić at Deimos Soundlabs

http://www.deimos-soundlabs.com
Artwork design by Richpa at Neogoa Design

http://www.facebook.com/neogoadesign

[Website] http://veasna.de/

[Facebook] https://www.facebook.com/veasnatrance/

[soundCloud] https://soundcloud.com/pdinklag

[bandcamp] https://veasna.bandcamp.com/

Stream complete album on YouTube:

• Like 1

Just listened to the preview. Well, it is soudns energetic, well produced and mixed, lots of layers and all that. But the thing which has killed uplifting trance now happens to goa - it all sounds the fucking same!!!

Yeah, looks like a chromosome during the mitotic metaphase.

I will buy the CD next week and get the digital format then immediately :)

Well, it is soudns energetic, well produced and mixed, lots of layers and all that. But the thing which has killed uplifting trance now happens to goa - it all sounds the fucking same!!!

I pretty much agree: lots of goa sounds the same in these days. I have become more picky during the past few months. But all Neogoa Rec releases I want to have. Other than that goa/psy releases I generally mostly just listen through a couple of times in Bandcamp or Ektoplazm, but rarely download them into my computer anymore. Gems of course appear once in a while. E.g. The World Beyond puts up its value endlessly: that compilation will be hard to beat in the future!

• Like 1

Just listened to the preview. Well, it is soudns energetic, well produced and mixed, lots of layers and all that. But the thing which has killed uplifting trance now happens to goa - it all sounds the fucking same!!!

Come on now, other subgenres sound more of the same shit than goa. What about today's progressive or fullon? Don't tell me there is a lot of variety there!! I personally find enough variety in goa nowadays.

By the way this album seems interesting. Old school sound. I'll definitely listen it through when it's out.

I also like the artwork!

• Like 1

No, mitochondria look different. This is clearly a chromosome, but they look like that only when a cell udnergoes division (mitosis) (I see how much sence this information makes in the thread :) )

Really nice cover btw.

@ Kitrinos. Yeah, I agree that there is annoying overall sameness in lots of prog/full-on as well.

For all people who can't afford to buy this release but would love to listen, you can stream it via YouTube in full lenght in best possible quality! Enjoy and share if you like :)

No, mitochondria look different. This is clearly a chromosome, but they look like that only when a cell udnergoes division (mitosis) (I see how much sence this information makes in the thread :) )

Really nice cover btw.

I think you misunderstood my post. I know its a chromosome. Given the Album title "Energy" , mitochondria would've been more appropriate is what I meant :D

Clear.?

Nice cover indeed :)

• Like 1

I think you misunderstood my post. I know its a chromosome. Given the Album title "Energy" , mitochondria would've been more appropriate is what I meant :D

Yeah, got you now :) Mitochondria would make more sence here, indeed, and they also could fit a proper goa cover

http://ichef.bbci.co.uk/news/660/media/images/82528000/jpg/_82528200_mitoc0156765-mitochondrial_structure,_artwork-spl.jpg

Looks really cute and fitting for the artwork, however it's just one part of the visuals, a chemical element Neon is featured on the backside and inlay of the artwork especially because it's atomic structure is 10 and we got same number of tracks :)

The pro, it is powerfull and massive. The contra, the melodies are forgettable and the tracks have very little storytelling.

But like mentioned here, this has been done before in a better way. Typical neogoa from a mediocre level

Yeah I pretty much agree with this. The tracks are good and entertaining but I dont think Im gonna remember any of them in the morning. The mastering is obviously very good and the artwork is nice. 3/5

Fave track is track 9 "Ultraviolet"

• Like 1

Thanks for the comments so far!

Well, I can say that about the majority of music nowadays. DnB, metal and all of its subgenres, indie rock, ... have sounded the same for ages, let alone most other trance styles as you mentioned. I tried to break out of the common newschool pattern at least, maybe I failed, I don't know. :D

But if you expected me to reinvent a music genre with over 20 years of history, sorry to disappoint. ;)

The pro, it is powerfull and massive.

Yeah I pretty much agree with this. The tracks are good and entertaining

That's more what I was aiming for. This music is inspired by dancefloor experiences - I literally started producing it after my first goa parties, albeit I've loved the genre for over a decade. So in a way it's made for dancefloors, and so far that worked pretty well. Psychadelica obviously isn't quite my metier, "catchiness" is beyond my judgement as the producer.

It may not be the classical approach to goa trance, but if people find my music entertaining in whatever way and are having a good time with it, then I have reached my goal. If you forget the tracks, but you remember the experience and the energy, then I have reached my goal. :)

While my comment may sound derogatory, I didn't want to depreciate your music. You have top production skills (waay above my amateurish efforts) and good understanding of your genre, that's absolutely obvious. Thing is, that while lot's of people today are caring about the production and about being genre-specific, much less are trying to make their music recognizable. I'm not saying everybody should, music which carefully follows certain genre standards but is well produced and arranged also has it's own vaule, but still, maybe I'm a picky listener, but I probably won't choose this your album over other neogoa albums. That's more an advice (advices from random internet guys surely matter, do they? <_< ) - having such a solid basis you may try to develop more recognizable style.

Btw, did you use your Airas on this record? Some of the acid lines sound super tasty

• Like 1

I actually had a thought that this would sound and feel better if I heard it on a party so I totally get what you are saying. Good job none the less :)

• Like 1

While my comment may sound derogatory, I didn't want to depreciate your music. You have top production skills (waay above my amateurish efforts) and good understanding of your genre, that's absolutely obvious. Thing is, that while lot's of people today are caring about the production and about being genre-specific, much less are trying to make their music recognizable. I'm not saying everybody should, music which carefully follows certain genre standards but is well produced and arranged also has it's own vaule, but still, maybe I'm a picky listener, but I probably won't choose this your album over other neogoa albums. That's more an advice (advices from random internet guys surely matter, do they? <_< ) - having such a solid basis you may try to develop more recognizable style.

Btw, did you use your Airas on this record? Some of the acid lines sound super tasty

Thanks for the kind words!

Even if your comment was derogatory, you're entitled to your opinion. :D And nonetheless, these kinds of replies help. Since I've been pretty much release-less so far, I had no idea what kinds of reactions to expect.

I agree, many try to sound like goa, and that's the worst mistake to begin with - "try to sound like". I tried not to try - but of course you always got your influences and all that, especially in the beginning. We'll see where it goes, this is just the start.

And indeed, tracks 4 to 8 are AIRA-powered - TB-3 and a little SYSTEM-1 (didn't have the latter for too long yet).

• Like 1

If you forget the tracks, but you remember the experience and the energy, then I have reached my goal. :)

Well said :)

And indeed, tracks 4 to 8 are AIRA-powered

What did I said to you earlier-track 4 is my fav :)

If you forget the tracks, but you remember the experience and the energy, then I have reached my goal. :)

This is actually what I want from music. If I can clearly remember each track then it starts to get old on repeated listens. My favourite music I remember the experience of listening to it was wonderful but the music doesn't stick so I can listen 100s of times without it losing its freshness.

Sometimes catchy music has its place but for me that place is stteaming, not buying.

• Like 1

This is actually what I want from music. If I can clearly remember each track then it starts to get old on repeated listens. My favourite music I remember the experience of listening to it was wonderful but the music doesn't stick so I can listen 100s of times without it losing its freshness.

Sometimes catchy music has its place but for me that place is stteaming, not buying.

i disagree. i could remember teleport and mahadeva from the first listens many years ago and they are still among my favourites after many hundreds of listens. some tracks never get old, but others do so quite quickly.

still, every kind of music has its place. a dj set without "forgettable" tracks isn't going to have a nice flow. just like you cannot tell a joke by just telling the punchline you cannot tell a story with music if you just play one unique and catchy track after the other.

• Like 1

While I love both those tracks, I couldn't hum their melodies now. One of my favourite all time melodies is Genetic Trancemission, it's instantly recognisable yet, I couldn't hum it now. This is what I mean, not forgettable tracks buy ones that don't stick in your head like a brain work.