Long tracks you just cant skip through.

astralprojection

You know how it is.

some tracks you just wanna hear one part.

Next.

Some tracks you wanna hear but get bored off.

Next.

You get the idea. Which tracks though, when say introducing them to a friend (a cooperative friend who is willing to listen) - can you play without feeling the need/lust whatever, to skip through.

Like "ok hear this part, now hear this part".

Ok. So premise understood.

When I really think about it, even classics like Dancing Galaxy I feel I can say "ok that was dancing galaxy what u think" after about 3min of the track.

I can honestly say that.

So its not many to fit the categorie.

But i started topic so ill go first

* Tangerine Dream - Love On a real Train (Risky Business OST "Album version")

* The Muses Rapt - Spiritual Healing

* Quietman - The Sleeper (MWNN Remix)

* Cosmosis - Moonshine

* Hallucinogen - Gamma Goblins II

* Aritfact303 - Feelings

ok that was a few off the top off my head scanning the "psytrance" area but there are so many other genres too, so ill be back with edits.

This is easy and there is only one hard core representative of the category and it is The Gate from The World Beyond compilation (others, too on that comp, but The Gate is representing them all, it is the bottom line).

We all skip... it's a complete skippin'-culture out there these days.

Why not come out of that comfortzone and sip some tea and have yourself a cup of 50 minutes of the most excruciatingly persistant but beautiful minimalism there is.

*Edit one

Have to give some love to the "techno for old people"-comment on youtube

*Edit two

Am I feeling old? Not really... but I'm working on it

*Edit three

Even though this might be minimal, it is insanely hard to pull off.

*Edit four

Steve is the one on piano with all black and a black cap... being in his elements

Planet B.E.N. - Trippy Future Garden

Pitched:

Original:

• Like 1

I'm going to give it a listen. Damn, trippy garden was long time no see! Have to reacquaint! The original that is... can't wander without 22 minutes to contemplate. That BASS!

• 3 weeks later...

I don't skip through songs ever. I like taking the journey as the artist intended. I usually don't even skip from one song to another, I tend to listen to whole albums.

This, especially when showing someone else some music. When people do that to me, skip through the track or album they are trying to show me, it just irks me no end.

Dreanfish - Hymn

I use this to send my daughter to sleep, it's really hypnotic, and it usually works in 5-10 minutes but I'll stay with her till the end of the track every single day. Now there's a good track :)

That track is heavenly! Your daughter must be having wonderful dreams :)

I hope so.

For anyone who's not heard it, hear are my thoughts from my review of this some 9 years ago (@_@) my thoughts haven't changed :wub:

2. Hymn

This is easily one of the greatest ambient tracks ever made. It's simple but infectious. At almost 28 minutes one might expect to get bored but I have never been bored listening to this track, NEVER! I am actually always disappointed whenever it's over. The same simple 8 note melody creeps through the track magnificently in different forms but always the same 8 notes over & over. A spoken sample The omniscient, omnipresent, wrathful, all knowing male deity comes in regularly giving this quite a dark trippy edge. The god of western civilisation has nothing to do with women. I have a desire to hear this track over & over & always wish it was longer. The feel is still deep sea with an underwater surf & all manner of strange creatures surrounding you, observing you, judging you. Deep, dark beauty at it's finest.

• 2 weeks later...

for any music if i like it i dont see any reason to skip the track

skipping a track makes it lose its magic and the purpose of the artist is lost

also OP asking for long tracks and then posting quietman - the sleeper man with no name remix which is a bit over 7 minutes long

it means we could post thousands of tracks in the same genre?

to answer the question anyway

every track i like from ra to dimension 5 to astral projection to psysex to transwave to x-dream and the list goes on forever

x-dream radio

ra 9th

dimension 5 transdimensional - minus the last track

astral projection dancing galaxy - minus the last track

transwave phototropic

cosmosis synergy

blue planet corporation blue planet

dark soho sun spot

e-mantra arcana

e-mantra nemesis

psychopod headlines

koxbox the great unknown

i posted these albums because i like every track of them except one track in both transdimensional and dancing galaxy

• Like 1

I don't skip through tracks, the sole exception being when I'm planning a DJ set. Otherwise, if I start listening to a track, I listen to it all the way through and there must be a damn good reason for me to stop it midway. Or if the track is absolute crap :)

I don't skip through tracks, the sole exception being when I'm planning a DJ set. Otherwise, if I start listening to a track, I listen to it all the way through and there must be a damn good reason for me to stop it midway. Or if the track is absolute crap :)

This is a damn good reason to stop a track midway through.

The number of times I stand outside my house or office for another 5-10 minutes allowing a track to finish before I have to turn off the music, I must get some odd looks.