DATCD007 Pleiadians - I.dentified F.lying O.bject - 3CD Digipak

Strange...I get loads of "suspicious position" errors on the last tracks of CD1 and CD3 - not just one or two but hundreds of them. However, the output files sounded perfectly fine on a quick listen with no audible skips or other artifacts. Maybe I should compare them against the official FLACs to see if anything really breaks. These aren't even particularly long CDs so that shouldn't be the reason.

Does that pressing plant suck or what? I've got assorted errors on MR1, Live in Athens, and now this, all brand new and sealed. It shouldn't be that hard to produce a fully functional CD. It's a bit sad if download versions become a necessity to circumvent pressing errors.

I think at least Analog Dreams, MR2, and all singles have been fine, though.

I have played the CDs on various systems already and they all work perfectly. With EAC I did not get any errors when converting them to mp3s.

wtf is up with sonic system? sorry to bring this up again*, but this single track is distorting badly all over the place. it's most noticable at 4:45. did i get a faulty cd or are all copies like this? the distortion on the doof cd is something where i can see that it's easily missed (and i don't notice at all when i don't listen for it), but this is something different. i've compared to the version on the natraj tempel compilation and in fact every single kick drum is completely mangled on the new version we have here. the kick in sonic system is mixed unusually loud and sounds very "90s"-like, but you can't just squash it until it sounds totally different to subdue it so you can raise the volume, especially if you cause really ugly distortion that way...

all in all, having one damaged track out of 23 isn't a problem when you consider those other 22 tracks :). even if sonic system were missing completely, i'd buy the cd without thinking. so a big thanks to dat records and everyone involved!

*as much as we like good vibes in the psy community, with antic gone, someone still has to bring these issues up. and i warn you, i'm not going to ask for having my account deleted if people disagree with me ;)

Hey Padmapani, I hear you. I was listening to the digital files on a cheap portable mp3 player and even then noticed there's definitely something weird and off about Sonic System (which is a pity, it's one of my favourites). There's no denying there's some level of distortion in this one (and it sounds different to anything else on that cd)... maybe I just need to stick to my old vinyl rip for live use. :)

All the CD mentioned were pressed at different pressing plants, so there is not much logic in comparing them. I always change plant, when I find better deals or the ability to produce better results, such as coloured cases, coloured layers, matte booklets or special features such as the digipak. Each release is a single case and should not be compared.

The Mind Rewind series in particular is pressed and distributed from Poland.

With the first pressing of Mind Rewind 1 we did have some issues and from the second volume we pressed somewhere else.

Live in Athens was manufactured by one plant, Crop Circles + Symbiote + Virtuart EPs by another, Analog Dreams, Doof, Opale, Vedama and IFO by yet another plant.

CD manufacturing is complex, and you get different results depending on who presses it and how. The same plant can also produce different results, as each time they press a CD settings can be different and finally the system used to play the cd by the user can give a different experience to the listener.

Anyway, if you got errors in playback, report to me rather than publically, there can be some isolated cases of defective media, and we can check the situation together, just write me an email if your cd for some reasons doesn't play.

I have sent the digital files so that you have files handy for your players to save you time ripping.

About Sonic System: as stated above I could not hear any distortion, i have now sent another source mix to mastering anyway, to offer it as a digital download alternative to whoever would want it / doesn't like the version used on the CD.

• Like 2

Got the cd! Honestly this is the jewel of my cd collection, along with halucinogen-twisted, x-dream-radio and shpongle-are you shpongled.

The package is amazing, great booklet, nice black surfaced cds, and the content is pure epicness! The remastered cd is glorious, giving even more punch in the most complex psy-trance ever produced!

Thank you draeke, this was the piece missing from my goa realm!

ps. what is carlo doing musically? any activity (besides a chill out project called daedalus something)?

how could we motivate him, to give us, along with the other members, the final piece of the trilogy? :P:D :D :D

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

So what's the story/error behind Cyberland and Analogue Step being at the wrong speed on the CD pressing, as noted on Discogs.

I did some calculations based on the given info and it seems it was a 44.1kHz/48kHz error when copying the DAT, but how wasn't this noticed before sending the material to the pressing plant?

All the CD mentioned were pressed at different pressing plants, so there is not much logic in comparing them. I always change plant, when I find better deals or the ability to produce better results, such as coloured cases, coloured layers, matte booklets or special features such as the digipak. Each release is a single case and should not be compared.

The Mind Rewind series in particular is pressed and distributed from Poland.

With the first pressing of Mind Rewind 1 we did have some issues and from the second volume we pressed somewhere else.

Live in Athens was manufactured by one plant, Crop Circles + Symbiote + Virtuart EPs by another, Analog Dreams, Doof, Opale, Vedama and IFO by yet another plant.

CD manufacturing is complex, and you get different results depending on who presses it and how. The same plant can also produce different results, as each time they press a CD settings can be different and finally the system used to play the cd by the user can give a different experience to the listener.

Anyway, if you got errors in playback, report to me rather than publically, there can be some isolated cases of defective media, and we can check the situation together, just write me an email if your cd for some reasons doesn't play.

I have sent the digital files so that you have files handy for your players to save you time ripping.

About Sonic System: as stated above I could not hear any distortion, i have now sent another source mix to mastering anyway, to offer it as a digital download alternative to whoever would want it / doesn't like the version used on the CD.

I really appreciate your openness about all of this stuff and the clear communication

All manufacturing has the potential to have problems and I've bought records in the past that were pressed with errors. It happens.

Keep doing your best and people will come along for the adventure

Well there is not much to say about the speed of the tracks mentioned, I have offered the right speed version with the digital download. If you are a DJ, however, you can simply play them at +7.7 and -7.7 on your pro dj player and you get the right speed. They can also be used at altered speed pitch in all cases, as they sound good as well. It was not noticed because I focused all my attention to make sure cd1 and cd2 were beyond perfection in terms of sound quality and made sure there were no glitches/dat ripping errors on cd3 either but the speed of these lesser known tracks, eluded all my checks. Think about it as an oldschool mistake, that's all. BTW, the dragonfly pressing had errors in 2 tracks, that passed unnoticed the mastering and quality control when pressed back in 1997. It is possible some mistakes happen here and there.

and the Puoskari album on 6 Dimension Soundz "Open the Forest" has the hilarious pressing problem of about 04 tracks (give or take a few) that were pressed unmastered.
It is believed that Sharaku simply grabbed the wrong files out of the dropbox and pressed the disk with the unmastered versions instead of the mastered versions.

It's quite the bummer, as the album is excellent, but whatever. Shit happens....

• 2 weeks later...

What the hell is going on people!

We got review of the Buddha's album, we got the review of the humungous global Goa sect comp which were released only a couple of weeks ago.

No review of IFO! :o

IFO's been talked about and reviewed for so much already I'm not surprised-

• 2 weeks later...

http://www.datrecords.it/dat/releases/pleiadians-i.f.o.-datcd007.html

If you guys haven't got the release through my shop, you might not have had a chance to download the right speeded versions of the 2 tracks on CD3.

At the same time Sonic System was mastered again from a different dat tape, which might be the mix used by symbiosis back then, and even if the track is identical the kick was somehow different, hence why some of you claimed the track had the kick in distortion. The mix I used for the 3CD just had a different equalization of the kick and was made by Pleiadians themselves. This one freshly mastered should sound more similar to the vinyl pressed on Symbiosis.

The 3 tracks are offered for free and courtesy of DAT to make up for it all.
I still thank you for the support and a review thread, would be appreciated, if you have one, UFOrb, please post it, don't be shy :)

• Like 1

i think we should chip in, just a buck, and buy a freaking medal for Draeke.. "The psytrance community loves you" or something.

He saw the music, he saw the scene, and he thought - ok. I have a job to do.

And he did that job. And he did it effin awesomely.

.. and he had fun doing it.

Such things need to be medal:ed.

And i would gladly donate a buck.

Where do i go to start a collection? I dont have a clue to organise such things and i dont think im the right man for that job.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Wait. Draeke re-released my favorite album in Goa-Trance?!

Sorry I'm arriving late. I've often felt that I.F.O. Re-Mastered properly could improve it further assuming they have the original waves (raw files).

Waiting waiting bro! Waaaaiting.. :)
Good luck with the release. ( Hope you don't incur any EXTRA costs as with Doof, be extra extra careful! :) )

I couldn't help but wonder , 3!
CD1- original remastered
CD2 - Live versions
CD3 - remixes/unreleased tracks .??
What do you guys think?

So this means a great Re-Mastering of I.F.O. (CD1), with Live Versions I've never heard (CD2), and more (CD3) from Pleiadians in their prime?! What?! This sounds too good. Shut up.

• Like 1

Yes, as MJ would sing, you're not alone. That doesn't affect physical playback though. Ripping problem is another known story, but alas why people keep ripping physical CDs when they have the legit lossless download when buying from label itself?

Yes, as MJ would sing, you're not alone. That doesn't affect physical playback though. Ripping problem is another known story, but alas why people keep ripping physical CDs when they have the legit lossless download when buying from label itself?

May be they bought from suntrip psyshop or got a gift?? I received it as a gift. Yet to open. So just saying.