DATCD007 Pleiadians - I.dentified F.lying O.bject - 3CD Digipak

Yes, that's awesome news but please hire someone competent to do the mastering job. Frankly, I.F.O. itself - just checked - doesn't really need that, because:

1) it's sufficiently loud already,

2) lows/highs balance & stereo separation is pretty good,

3) there are huge "sound picture" differences between tracks (punchy Maya/Taygeta vs. subdued Merope/Alcyone).

All this tells me that it is easier to destroy what's already there than to fix / improve it.

But yeah, will 100% purchase it regardless of who & how re-masters it! :wub:

I always had issues with the sound of IFO. Some tracks have a really hollow kick and some sound flat/noisy and the low end drowns out while others are fine. Also maia has panning issues toward the right. At least all the files I've heard.

• Like 1

Guest antic

I always had issues with the sound of IFO. Some tracks have a really hollow kick and some sound flat/noisy and the low end drowns out while others are fine. Also maia has panning issues toward the right. At least all the files I've heard.

Yes, that's what I meant in #3 - there are huge differences between tracks and therefore it's easy to do more harm than good if the mastering engineer applies one preset to whole disc instead of treating all tracks separately...

But let's not worry about this in advance - I'm sure Draeke will do his best to deliver a quality release.

Soon I will announce the tracklist, but of course the first disc will contain the so wanted 1997 Recorded Live Set, with a bonus track at it's end and the second disc will be the remastered original album, also including a bonus track, but what will be on the third disc? Speculations for now ;)...

• Like 1

Soon I will announce the tracklist, but of course the first disc will contain the so wanted 1997 Recorded Live Set, with a bonus track at it's end and the second disc will be the remastered original album, also including a bonus track, but what will be on the third disc? Speculations for now ;)...

So awesome! Who is doing the mastering on remastered version?

• 2 weeks later...

So here we are, with the announcement many are waiting for: The Ultimate Pleaidians early era collection.

CD 1

Pleiadians – I.F.O. Live 1997

1. Pleiadians - Merope

2. Pleiadians - Alcyone

3. Pleiadians - Asterope

4. Pleiadians - Maia

5. Pleiadians - Electra

6. Pleiadians - Taygeta

Bonus Track:

7. Etnica - Vimana (Pleiadians Live Mix)

CD 2

Pleiadians – I.F.O.

1. Pleiadians - Maia

2. Pleiadians - Taygeta

3. Pleiadians - Merope

4. Pleiadians - Alcyone

5. Pleiadians - Electra

6. Pleiadians - Asterope

7. Pleiadians - Celaeno

Bonus Track

8. Pleiadians - Time Dilation (Original Mix)

CD 3

Pleiadians – Vinyl Tracks

1. Pleiadians – The Pleiadians

2. Pleiadians – Boarding Pass To Balangan

3. Pleiadians – Cyberland <- fixed correct spelling, finally

4. Pleiadians – Sonic System

5. Pleiadians – Analogue Step

6. Pleiadians – Jungle Track

7. Pleiadians – Zeta Reticuli (Full Mix)

8. Pleiadians – Deep Frequencies

What else could you want?!

Hopefully this album will bring a lot of joy to many as it really is a dream coming true.

As a final detail, I will not discuss anything related to mastering, regardless of requests/comments.

Thanks for understanding this point.

• Like 3

Looks good. I think I already have most of the vinyls but it's definitely convenient to have their digital equivalents too. The live part should be a must-have even for everyone with the original release.

Just out of interest, is there a reason for the original album being disc 2? Typically re-releases and expanded editions start with the original title and then pad it with extra content. Obviously this is just a matter of choice and anyone can reorder the discs (or playlist) as they wish. I'm just curious about the motivation.

Slightly related, have you already decided the exact title of this release?

Thanks for the punctuation Dolmot, I wanted to tell you that I feel the most important music, the new and previously unavailable should be the first CD.

The bonus disc is actually the IFO album. I am releasing the liveset, I see it in a completely opposite way.

The tile will be decided later on, in any case, if we are lucky we will press in July and release in September, anything earlier, it's impossible.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

News 31st July

Ahoy Ahoy!
Summer News, before we all go on holiday in August, even if I know some of you are already there enjoying a sunbathe somewhere in the world Smiley smile

1 Pleiadians IFO: the booklet is almost done (just few details here and there) and the mastering has been done for 1/3 of the music (CD1) plus some. But since there is the need of some audio restoration on the live set (the mastering brought some DAT errors to our attention) we need to slow down a bit on this and we will complete everything after the summer as I will be away 6-26 August, unable to work on anything music-related. I also want to mention that with this release we have achieved a great result sound wise: I have sent a 10 minute sample of the mastered/unmastered version to a well known loudness complainer and he told me the original unmastered was not sounding very good and featured dynamics of 10 on the Foobar dynamic range analyzer while the remastering sounds terrific and has a dynamic range of 8, which is an excellent result, meaning the change is really minimal and we preserved almost all of the dynamics of the original version, extra attention has been paid to not have any peak in distortion, anywhere. The artwork is being finalized by Miro, the same Artist who did the awesome job on the Doof reissue, and I can tell you it looks awesome.

So here we are, with the announcement many are waiting for: The Ultimate Pleaidians early era collection.

Disc 1

Pleiadians – I.F.O. Live 1997

1. Pleiadians - Intro

2. Pleiadians - Merope

3. Pleiadians - Alcyone

4. Pleiadians - Asterope

5. Pleiadians - Maia

6. Pleiadians - Electra

7. Pleiadians - Taygeta

Bonus Track:

8. Etnica - Vimana (Pleiadians Live Mix)

Disc 2

Pleiadians – I.F.O.

1. Pleiadians - Maia

2. Pleiadians - Taygeta

3. Pleiadians - Merope

4. Pleiadians - Alcyone

5. Pleiadians - Electra

6. Pleiadians - Asterope

7. Pleiadians - Celaeno

Bonus Track

8. Pleiadians - Time Dilation (Original Mix)

Disc 3

Pleiadians – Vinyl Tracks EP

1. Pleiadians – The Pleiadians

2. Pleiadians – Boarding Pass To Balangan

3. Pleiadians – Cyberland <- fixed correct spelling, finally

4. Pleiadians – Sonic System

5. Pleiadians – Analogue Step

6. Pleiadians – Jungle Track

7. Pleiadians – Zeta Reticuli (Full Mix)

8. Pleiadians – Deep Frequencies

What else could you want?!

Hopefully this album will bring a lot of joy to many as it really is a dream coming true.

As a final detail, I will not discuss anything related to mastering, regardless of requests/comments.

Thanks for understanding this point.

sat.gif

• Like 1

When i feel sad during this summer crying as im stuck

in the circle of life and work and not travelling on a vecation, i come to this

thread, take a look at the tracklist and 'release date', and have the exact same look as the gif above (spot on man).

Super excited about this release !

:)

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks for all the powerful comments, I am sure you are all eager to listen to the liveset as I am to publish it, we have the GO from the Artist and we will proceed speed of light to finalize everything.. it really is a matter of days before we send off everything to the pressing plant, as announced in the other thread of DAT news and I am so excited to make for the first time a triple digipak, just like the ones I have always loved from Nova Tekk!

• Like 1