How Infected Mushroom became so famous?

Ormion

What is that! Yuck! :/

Looks like I'm gonna be meeting more people who think Psytrance = IM , without even knowing their classic real psytrance albums and calling this **** as Psytrance. Aaah! :(

I'm so happy right now that I have heard/owned only "The Gathering" till now + few tracks here and there in mixes.

@AP - the other dude is Amit Duvdevani.

@AP - the other dude is Amit Duvdevani.

I know, didnt wanna mention his name really.

But yeah, I.Ms first three albums are really good, Converting Vegetarians has SOME great tracks like for example Song Pong which is really cool.

But what hurts me the most, if you search youtube, "top 20 Infected Mushroom songs" or something like that, only stuff from their latest albums comes up (at least most of the results) and they get 1m+ views, and 99% likes, and people have no single idea what Psycho is, Mushi Mushi, and Nothing Comes Easy, just to mention some of the random tracks of a bunch of wonderful Psy classics.

Btw, Nothing Comes Easy is one of those underrated classics, which many people seem to miss.

Its an incredible track with an amazing Climax.

check it. Peace

I had all IM albums up to Vicious Delicious, but ended up selling them all except for The Gathering.

And I often get weird looks and shit by saying this but IM The Supervisor was despite all their most coherent album since The Gathering (and Stretched is still one of their best tracks, along with Return Of The Shadows). The others are just all over the place with too much failed experimentation.

I guess this is still relevant:

• Like 3

It's really something. But the dude who made this seems like a racist ****!

On the hilarious side,

It's ok Anna, Texas Faggot are cool :D loved it :D he he he.

You think they have seen this video?

@AP- oh, sorry. I should've realised.

It gets better and better with every watch. Hilarious shit. He he he..

Rumour has it that Erez dislikes the new direction IM have chosen and wants to go back to their roots. Watching Erez live with his sad, bored face I kinda believe it actually.

I heard the same, I even heard from very close sources he will work again on a psy-trance album like before... alone... (lets hope...)

But yeah, I.Ms first three albums are really good, Converting Vegetarians has SOME great tracks like for example Song Pong which is really cool.

Yep, that's my favourite track on the album too.

• Like 1

Guest The Hypnotic LFO Room

Rumour has it that Erez dislikes the new direction IM have chosen and wants to go back to their roots. Watching Erez live with his sad, bored face I kinda believe it actually.

Nahh he looks sad because he got dumped by Tara Reid :)

• 9 months later...

Never liked their music and never will support the far fetch idea that they were pioneers of anything ...

i dont say that i dont like clasical music,i say that the use of these CERTAIN childish piano melodies are by far out the field of the classical music and propably belongs to the group products of milk such is cheese

I was brought up on classical music and love it... Even went to The Royal Danish Academy for some years to be trained in classical piano... And I found their piano play mediocre and frankly very very cheesy...Sorry but I will never agree that IM was anything but dull and not at all groundbreaking in any way and became a huge horror-story once Dudev started to sing and they went into the american EDM scene of cheese.

Yes, yes, yes. I don't know why but I just nearly hate Inf. Mush. It seems to me they are not psychedelic at all, but make what is psychedelic look bad. Perhaps, they were pioneers in the way that they were the first ones who commercialized psytrance.

I used to be a really big fan of Infected Mushroom, but this was way before I started listening to psytrance. I also listened to some normal trance, some DnB, some electro house and I thought that IM is something wicked, edgy and futuristic and not as abstract as the rest of psytrance I knew about then.

Now they mostly do nothing for me. Not that I think they are bad, or cheesy, or non-psy, but now i find their music too dramatic/over the top, like it was made to blow your socks off at the fisrt listen but it quickly becomes tiresome.

CVII was pretty good though but for few tracks

• Like 1