How Infected Mushroom became so famous?

Ormion

Good questions, I had the same question in my mind lately. I was on the airplane back from Israel and a strict chassidic jew (you know, black hat,...) next to me, around 60 years old, and he started to talk to me... He knew Erez since his childhood as he lives in the same Kibbutz and he was following him ever since. So even old strict religious guys know them in Israel.

Erez is not from a Kibbutz though and IM are the biggest music act to ever born in Israel so it's like asking a Swede if they know Abba

• 5 weeks later...
  • 3 years later...
On 9/20/2016 at 7:48 PM, mike.54 said:

Nutmeg is amazing!!

My bad, but....no......... :)

and WHO the F is Dana International ? 

OK.....(not the best voice even Britney sounds better on her early trve stuff LOL)

• Haha 1

lmao@ above post :lol: 

On a more serious note and regarding the topic of the thread, it's quite a journey they've made from the early Shidapu days with tracker based music, to the broader commercial appeal they enjoy today. What I think was evident atleast from the early Infected Mushroom era, was that there was a huge cross-over potential, certainly for their tracks with more acoustic elements in them. I think those type of sounds naturally has a broader appeal, that is piano, guitar and acoustic drum sounds. Combined with pop-like arrangements/chord structures.

And when they adopted commercial EDM textures to the mix, I think they hit their homerun with the general public. That is dubstep infusions and other modern EDM staples, like trap music and so on. And as long as they add a layer of the most current EDM-trend to their music, they should be good with that crowd. And let's not forget the vocals, when they became sing-a-long friendly, that must surely have been the defining moment. You just knew when you saw live videos from their early concerts, when they played their tracks which the psy crowd was singing along to, that something had changed completely. I'm thinking about the "I Wish" era. That's when psy became pop, and perhaps we might hear some Britney-Psy in the future? :D

What I would be curious to hear, would be if Erez would go solo, or perhaps venture into movie or video game soundtracks. They might perhaps already have done some of that? I can definitely see Erez working as a producer/composer in the future for other artists in various genres in Los Angeles/Hollywood. I think that could be a logical step to take if the touring life becomes too tiresome. I almost forgot, Infected Mushroom are quite successful it seems as well in the music plug-ins/effects market in which they collaborate with the music plug-in developer Polyverse Music. Some rather interesting and unique ideas there so far.

On 5/20/2020 at 2:36 PM, AstralSphinx said:

lmao@ above post :lol: 

That's when psy became pop, and perhaps we might hear some Britney-Psy in the future? :D

I am really cool about IM and the guys having success. No one forces me to listen to it :)

AND... Britney Psy is already there, plus Eminem, Nickelback and Billie EIlish "Psy"... also I noted that titles sorted in psytrance at youtube have up to 10 Mio plays ! I never heard of these artists tho. I can give a link to above tomorrow. Seems "psytrance" is now quite fashionable (if the uploaders/channels did not abuse the terms for whatever reason?). Luckily for me neither IM nor above is competition for my music project - but it is just to much music in general nowadays out there, one goes under in the mass anyways.