Old school gems deserving a remastering : list them

Manuser

as we definitely reached times when top quality production is the norm, i'm probably not the only one listening to old school goa/psy from the 90's and sometimes thinking " what a pity the production is "so so" "

i start the thread with these 2:

chi-ad - eye am the i. All time classic, everybody likes this track, but the mastering could be much better especially the kickdrum

and the second is from space tribe, track ultraviolet catastrophe, what a terrible kickdrum, even the samples cut off suddenly, doesn't sound clean at all, too bad this track got huge potential

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mxDf5k0MtGA

I noticed more and more old school tracks get remastered recently (for example cosmosis 'howling at the moon', massive news!), maybe these tracks will be remastered one day?

Beautiful tracks with better soundquality would be

Johann - Intellect

MFG - Beyond the Planet

MFG - The Prophecy album

Astral Projection - Trust in Trance 3 and especially 2

Ayahausca - New Moon

All voodoo people tracks

MWNN - Moment of Truth album

I will think of more later.

The entirety of Chi-AD's Infinitism from 2001 which has Eye Am The I on it is ridiculously bass heavy. Not sure how that one happened to be honest. That's the only real example I can think of where the master should have corrected something so blatantly bad about the mix.

In general the goa/psy classics are not so guilty of bad masters as just having a different production style back then.

The entirety of Chi-AD's Infinitism from 2001 which has Eye Am The I on it is ridiculously bass heavy. Not sure how that one happened to be honest. That's the only real example I can think of where the master should have corrected something so blatantly bad about the mix.

In general the goa/psy classics are not so guilty of bad masters as just having a different production style back then.

Yes it's strange, some Chi-A.D. tracks are really not that good. I guess it would be the mixing rather than the mastering, but if you compare Infinitism with Virtual Spirit, that's a day and night difference almost. Virtual Spirit is so beautiful, dynamic and detailed.. :)

Dunno, I always had that feeling that their sound was somehow raw and dirty. Not really that I don't like that type of sound, but was thinking about possibility to check some tunes in better conditions, especially some of their earliest releases such as Indigo and Lifeforce EP's.

one of the Prana albums has been remastered in 2004 if i am not wrong (Geomantik i think)

these 2 tracks

Lord of the dance could be one of the best tracks ever with a better mastering

Dunno, I always had that feeling that their sound was somehow raw and dirty.

Indeed, something most newschool lacks. That's why we like goa trance, amirite? :P

Guest D N H

Lord of the dance could be one of the best tracks ever with a better mastering

LotD is one of the best tracks, evarrrggghhh!

Darshan's Awakening is an old diamond, but if it would have a remastering, it should be as Transdimensional's and In fear of a Red Planet's ones. Good examples of respectfull to the Spirit 3D remasterings.

Well, but there are others too, very worthy for a remastering, some i already have

This track with a 2013 mastering = BEST TRACK EVER guillermo13.gif

what a coincidence - I was just listening to Imperial Project tracks from his Cygnetic albums. I wasn't sure how much I had from the "Goa Syndrome" days but I did find that track and another one on my old computer. I may need to make a thread to ask anyone who has all that music, to share. It was so great they were free downloads back then.