Ektoplazm needs your help!

Wow rotwang you really took the plunge! 600$ is a lot of money! You inspiration, you.

Woohoo...nice one Rotwang. Ten times my amount! You probably set a "," at the wrong position in PayPal, no? ;)

Nah, just kidding. I probably should donate more, given the amount of great albums I downloaded from there....shame on me. :(

Thanks guys, but tbh I can't take much credit - I have a load of money I didn't earn on account of some deceased relatives, and I don't doubt Ektoplazm deserves it more than I do.

Thanks guys, but tbh I can't take much credit - I have a load of money I didn't earn on account of some deceased relatives, and I don't doubt Ektoplazm deserves it more than I do.

regardless that is still generous.

By the way this is a little worrying

" An expanded musical scope: we’d like to feature many more styles of independent electronic music without descending into multi-genre chaos. Only follow the styles you are personally interested in!"

I can already imagine in the near future you have dedicated pages for trance, dubstep, etc. and the site will slowly descend into mainstream/casual site.

Let's hope I'm wrong :P

I can already imagine in the near future you have dedicated pages for trance, dubstep, etc. and the site will slowly descend into mainstream/casual site.

Let's hope I'm wrong :P

I hope you're wrong too :D

I certainly don't want it to become another mainstream portal... the goal here is simply to broaden the horizons to adjacent styles of electronic music. There's a lot of good stuff going on out there. I feel that limiting the offerings to a single style of electronic music is something of a suicide pact. Everything needs to grow and change in time.

Reddit does a great job of supporting niche communities while appealing to a broad audience. I'd like to follow something a little like that...

Looks like we made it with time to spare :) there's another 9 hours to the campaign if anyone would still like to contribute (the more the merrier). In the coming days I'll make a post about what happens next. Thanks again for everyone's support :) I'm excited to get to work!

Congratulations mr. Alexander and Ektoplazm, I'm really happy to see that your idea and vision has been supported by community and people. Kudos also for superb presentation and detailed informations regarding the future development of Ektoplazm.

• 2 weeks later...

Here's the announcement I promised:

http://www.ektoplazm.com/blog/ektoplazm-metamorphosis-2012

A lot of work is going on behind the scenes :) I might not be so visible on forums and such for a while as I gear up to get things done... watch the blog for more announcements; there will be some big ones before long!

Thanks again for all the support and help in making this dream a reality!