Where do you find your music?

murphythecat

For Psy-Trance and Ambient - Psynews.org :D

For minimal techno and house - Residentadvisor.net

Those are my main resources but of course internet is a huge place and you never know where you can find some really unusual and great music.

I find and get 99.9% of my music from the Internet, well from FTP:s to be exact. I don't bother reading reviews because they usually come out after I can download them. So I download almost everything and then discard the bad music. There are very few artists that I've been recommended but the ones that I've been recommended comes from this site.

I find and get 99.9% of my music from the Internet, well from FTP:s to be exact. I don't bother reading reviews because they usually come out after I can download them. So I download almost everything and then discard the bad music. There are very few artists that I've been recommended but the ones that I've been recommended comes from this site.

you download everything? <_<

How else would you get to know whats good and whats bad?

I find most of my music through downloading as well. I know the artists that have been making good music over the years and I make it a point to follow them closely. There are very few albums that i actually end up buying because most of the psy just isnt worth the moohlah TBH.

I just go to the store, see what's new and if I'm interested I buy it.

Never cared about downloading. I don't see any point after all, cause you can listen to 4 minute samples in Saikosounds. Faster and easier.

I'm doing exactly the same and I buy all I like. I have 700+ cds, so this receipe works.

I just listen to new releases on Saikosounds. Though if people on psynews are raving about a release to which I didn't pay much attention first time round then I'll go back and have another listen.

I just listen to new releases on Saikosounds.

Is this how you manage to find all of those OMFG sweet cover arts you always post on the Good Covers thread?

I have been wondering about that, you always find these amazing covers but you never mention the artist name <_<

Is this how you manage to find all of those OMFG sweet cover arts you always post on the Good Covers thread?

No, I find those by going to psyshop's coming soon section, mostly. Though occasionally I find them by going to label websites.

I have been wondering about that, you always find these amazing covers but you never mention the artist name <_<

Sorry, I'll try to do so from now on. BTW the last one I posted was the forthcoming Master Margherita album.

• 2 weeks later...

I used to download, and I had a ton of psytrance downloaded, found out what was good and started buying over the years, I own a collection of 130 psyytrance cd's, 105 which I ordered a few weeks ago, it was a huge box, 76 from psyshop, 26 from saikosounds, and 5 from discogs.

But I listen to alot of music, drum & bass, house, breaks, and of course psytrance! I get my music mostly from beatport, junodownlooad, trackitdown, but with psytrance I'll usually buy the album, I love the cover art on most psytrance albums!

Exactly.

I'm doing exactly the same and I buy all I like. I have 700+ cds, so this receipe works.

Sadly I've been bad at buying everything I like for some time now... Dunno why really. Found better places to put my money perhaps.

Soulseek. :clapping:

EDIT: Oh I guess I misunderstood the question. Well, for psytrance this is the place. For other music: the rest of the internet. :D

By listening to the four minute samples on Saikosounds. Or by going to artists' myspace pages where they frequently have complete tracks available for listening.

By listening to the four minute samples on Saikosounds. Or by going to artists' myspace pages where they frequently have complete tracks available for listening.

+1

I mean it's easier for me to go to the Saikosounds page than search p2p sites (tbh I don't even know how they work) and wait till they're downloaded.

After all if you can't understand the music in 4 minutes samples then you suck :D

Saiko Sounds has 4 minute samples. Enough to show if it's good enough I think. Downloading something would probably make me less likely to buy it, I mean I already have it right? So I don't like to do it :(

+1

I mean it's easier for me to go to the Saikosounds page than search p2p sites (tbh I don't even know how they work) and wait till they're downloaded.

After all if you can't understand the music in 4 minutes samples then you suck :D

what would you understand from 4 minutes of drone and ambiance!?!? :rolleyes: