Recent ratings

Ormion

A topic about the movies we watched lately and how do we rate them.

Fortress

Yes the one with Cristophe Lambert. It's probably the 100th time I watched it.

Say whatever you want, this is one of the best movies ever!

10/10

Journey To The Center Of The Earth

I watched it with 3D glasses and it was fun.:D A good little family movie.

6/10

Face/Off

Classic action flick. One of my favorites.

10/10

• Replies 185
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yay, I'm glad this section has been restored :)

The last movie I saw was Choke. It was pretty good, based on the book of the same name that was written by Chuck Palaniuk, who also wrote Fight Club so expect a pretty crazy ass story line with lots of twists and turns and even more laughs along the way. It gets a 7.5/10 from me.

Next film I reeeeally want to watch is darren aronofsky's (director of the fountain and requiem for a dream) new one: The Wrestler

Transformers the Movie

No not the live action piece of garbage that was released recently but the animated version with Unicron. An amazing movie for sure, one of the best ever even if it is a kids movie. Any movie based on a series and then kills of the main protagonist in the first 20 minutes must have some balls! Great stuff :wub:

10/10

The last movie I saw was Choke. It was pretty good, based on the book of the same name that was written by Chuck Palaniuk, who also wrote Fight Club so expect a pretty crazy ass story line with lots of twists and turns and even more laughs along the way. It gets a 7.5/10 from me.

That was a weird movie. Good, but weird.

Transformers the Movie

No not the live action piece of garbage that was released recently but the animated version with Unicron. An amazing movie for sure, one of the best ever even if it is a kids movie. Any movie based on a series and then kills of the main protagonist in the first 20 minutes must have some balls! Great stuff :wub:

10/10

Hell yeah! :posford: I love that movie!

Last couple movies I watched:

Beerfest

Movie by Broken Lizard, who brought you Supertroopers. Two brothers attempt to bring their grandfather's ashes to the family resting place in Germany during Oktoberfest, and end up in a rivalry with a German branch of the family centered around a secret annual beer-drinking competition.

9/10 - It's funny as hell, it's got gratuitous nudity, and a cameo at the end by Willie Nelson. What could be better? (Well, Supertroopers is, but just by a little.)

Terminator 3

Do I really need to describe it? Everyone knows the Terminator premise.

5/10 - Could have scored higher if it weren't for the ridiculous things thrown in here and there. Arnie putting on star-shaped sunglasses? Blatant references to the franchise's popularity with a spinoff on the now-famous "I'll be back" line? It's kind of corny at times, but when I was watching it the other day, I thought about the pending continuation of the series, and I thought that the idea has lots of possibilities for future stories. I just hope the people involved in the future try not to be silly with it. Terminator and silly don't belong together.

Office Space

Another one everyone should now. Three co-workers who hate their jobs attempt to embezzle money from the company and fail miserably.

10/10 - An absolute comedic classic. It was funny as hell when I first saw it, long before I ever actually worked in an office. Now it's even funnier.

Movies of 2008:

Igor-Pretty wierd animated childrens movie about evil scientists and evil inventions... It was ok, but thats it... 5/10... Grap it for the kids, i think they'll like it ;)

Madagascar 2- Awesome sequal to the first movie... This is just as good, if not a little better... Great for the kids, and the childish grown ups like me :P8/10...

Rocknrolla- Pretty sweet action movie from Guy Richie (the guy behind snatch and Lock, Stock and Two Smoking Barrels ) It isn't as good as snatch, but it's the same kind of movie.. Recommended! 7/10

Quarantine-The amr version of the brilliant Spanish horrorflick REC..... Hmm, It is basically a total remake, allmost all the scenes look the same as REC, even the first door where they figure out they can't get out of the house.... I think this remake is for the worst, BUT having said that, it is better than other americanized movies like the Ring, the eye and so on.... There are added some unneccesay scenes in the beginning, where the fireman and the news lady are flirting and stuff... So if you want to see this movie, i recommend you to watch REC! The only thing i liked better in Quarantine was the policeman who takes control inside the building... He's way cooler in the amr version, i coudn't stand the guy in REC!

Quarantine- 7/10 if you havent heard about REC, but if you know about it, Quarantine looses all credit and ends up on about 4 or 5/10.

REC-9/10

(note for the girls: Jake the fireman is ought to be exstremely cute, my GF said so :P )

Bolt- Typical disney pixar, but great for the kids- 7/10.

Death race-Made after the old movie With Stallone... I really liked this movie, a lot of good action, and a nice little (unrealistic) story... And i'm allways a sucker for Jason Statham, so i'll give this 8/10.

I watched CLUBBED recently.... I liked it, albeit a bit violent!

7/10

I also watched Notorious about biggy smalls ...i thought it was good. but i love hiphop so i`m biased..

8/10

Office Space

Another one everyone should now. Three co-workers who hate their jobs attempt to embezzle money from the company and fail miserably.

10/10 - An absolute comedic classic. It was funny as hell when I first saw it, long before I ever actually worked in an office. Now it's even funnier.

Watched this movie last night... And yeah, really funny movie... I work in an open office as well, so i could really "feel the atmosphere" :lol:

9/10

The Eternal Sunshine Of The Spotless Mind

Great atmosphere very dreamy, a superb Jim Carrey, but I can't stand love stories.

6.5/10

Resident Evil: Degeneration

Way better than the movies, but it could be even better IMO.

6.5/10

Sin City

It's so striking visually, such a pleasure to look at. But that's not the only strong part of it, the whole movie is strikingly well done.

10/10

Resident Evil: Degeneration

Way better than the movies, but it could be even better IMO.

6.5/10

The CGI quality was just ok, quite underwhelming after watching Advent Children. Everything looked so stiff.

Story overall was pretty good though. As an old Resident Evil fan I enjoyed it, but seriously, the dialogue... it's so bad...

...*Gun in mouth*

2001: A Space Odyssey. Amazing scifi movie and of course the best ever. 9,5/10

Stand By Me. Really sweet story about four kids. On the outside they look like regular kids, but the movie is filled up with some really intelligent dialogues. 9/10

I keep relistening to the soundtrack of Donnie Darko. Whoever hasn't watched the movie, I recommend it alot :)

Donnie Darko @ imdb

It includes that track that got popular after Gears of War trailer came out (that console game). So get the OST aswell ;)

It's Mad World by Gary Jules. Originally by Tears For Fears though, but one of the few times a cover version is far superior to the original :)

Transmorphers

Terrible acting, terrible story, terrible direction it goes on and on. I can only assume that this movie is some kind of joke that I don't get. Sometimes movies are so bad they are good, this is not one of them. It's hard to believe that someone made this, I can't imagine them being proud of it.

0/10

I'm watching movies again! :)

The Departed

Good, recommended. (Director: Martin Scorsese; Leonardo DiCaprio, Matt Damon, Jack Nicholson, Alec Baldwin)

Wasn't expecting this to be good, it turned out to be quite impressive.

Slipstream

Boring, schizophrenic, warped reality movie . (Director, writer: Anthony Hopkins)

I got nightmares after watching this. Hopkins didn't do anything new and I think there are better examples of this kind of movies.

Den Brysomme mannen

Recommended to psynews members. Nice aesthetics.

I can't even remember how many times I was told that this is "Sooooo awesome!" and I didn't really like it, it has it's moments, of course. I can't even remember it's ending, maybe that's because I was watching it with a girl and ... :)

11:14

Same as above, that girl says she really likes watching movies with me titled with numbers. Any recommendations? :)

Righteous Kill

Probably one of the worse movies with Al Pacino and Robert de Niro I've seen, it also features 50 Cent... :/

Candy

Another "Don't do drugs, kids" kind of movie with Heath Ledger about h-addicts. Nice, actually.

The Fountain

Worth a watch, definitely. Recommended.

Burn After Reading

Entertaining, funny, good acting. Recommended, don't expect too much though.

The Curious Case of Benjamin Button

I really liked it, some say this is garbage though, but I can't remember enjoying anything as much in a long time.

Changeling - http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0824747/

My God! Eastwood really know how to make movies. Apparently based on a true story where a mothers son gets kidnapped only to return again, or did he?!?! ;) Too bad the horrible Angelina Jolie plays the mother. She plays the part ok but I just can't stand her. She's no eyecandy at all... They should have gone with Witherspoon instead :)

Final Verdict 4/5 (Damn you Jolie!)

Changeling - http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0824747/

My God! Eastwood really know how to make movies. Apparently based on a true story where a mothers son gets kidnapped only to return again, or did he?!?! ;) Too bad the horrible Angelina Jolie plays the mother. She plays the part ok but I just can't stand her. She's no eyecandy at all... They should have gone with Witherspoon instead :)

Final Verdict 4/5 (Damn you Jolie!)

Oh yes, very good movie indeed. 4/5!

Snatch! 10/10

I just saw Revolution Road, it was a pretty good movie but man it was heavy. Leonardo DeCaprio with his annoying little sprout face and Kate Winslet with her skinny ass sick looking frame make the perfect hateable couple. They seem like a perfect suburban couple to everyone else but both hate their lives, feel trapped and want to get out. But do they? Taking the opportunity to escape creates more problems than it solves and we end up with one very heavy movie. Leo & Kate are both at their hateable best (that's a good thing) and there is lots to think about in the story.

8/10 but well depressing :(

The Curious Case of Benjamin Button

I really liked it, some say this is garbage though, but I can't remember enjoying anything as much.

+10 definitely a must watch an amazing storyline kinda makes me remember of Forest Gump in some way..

Gran Torino

A very good movie indeed simple storyline but moving a MUST watch too