Recent ratings

Ormion

• Replies 185
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Curious Case of Benjamin Button

1.5 / 10

Spoiler: AT NO POINT WHATSOEVER does it matter (both for the plotline and themes) that he's getting younger instead of getting older.

Shoddy acting from pitt, and the lord of the rings lady. Horrible CGI effects on his face. Way, way too long. Ugh. Avoid.

Slumdog Millionaire

9/10

Excellent acting, music, directing!!, editing.. a very nice movie

Solaris

9/10

This movie is the visual part of every Ultimae Records release.. i say no more. :posford:

Who Framed Roger Rabbit

Classic movie. It's amazing that even 20 years later it looks stunning.

8.5/10

La Antena

Surreal movie, tribute to the silent cinema and the German expressionism. Great style and ideas, but not entertaining at all, which is what arts are about.

4.5/10

Solaris

9/10

This movie is the visual part of every Ultimae Records release.. i say no more. :posford:

Are you talking about the one with george clooney? cause that worse than a kick in the nuts...

not that i've ever been kicked there, but i'm guessing is about the same.

Spring, Summer, Fall, Winter... and Spring

Awesome movie but very sad. it's worth watching just for the location where it was filmed, so beautiful :wub: . it's one of those movies that keeps your head busy even after watching it!!! recommended (8.5/10)

i liked the music too :)

For me it is one of the most spiritually engaging films ever. The True Odyssey of human corrupted spirit. 10/10

Seven pounds

This is an xtremly good movie very well directed very emotional nd a realy good story.

8/10

A man for all Seasons definitely a must watch a Very old film from 1966

really inspiring and definitely Recommended to any one who hasn't watched it 10/10

The Fall(2006)

Wow......... this is awsome i Just bought My new Yamaha home theater Ysp 4000 and man this movie makes it worthwhile

Such visually inspiring film i dont know how i missied it in 2006 .

Check this one if u like Baraka a lot of similarties i guess visually Recommended For sure 11/10 :lol:

A Love Song For Bobby Long

Perhaps John Travolta's best role. Weird as I never heard of this movie until I saw it on TV by accident but it's really good. A digruntled teen goes back to New Orleans after her mother dies. Expecting to find her childhood house empty, she finds to drunken reprabates (one is Travolta) an ex University English Professor and his protege who has been failing to right a book about travolta's life. During the year a lot of secrets of their lives are revealed and while it might not sound like much, all the actors do a great job & it's really worth watching :D

The Midnight Meat Train

A bit different than the original Clive Barker's story (damn Hollywood you have to put a love story in everything) and some unnecessary cgi gore (never use cgi in horror movies), but overall a raw, bloody and atmospheric movie. Me like!

8/10

Spring, Summer, Fall, Winter... and Spring

Awesome movie but very sad. it's worth watching just for the location where it was filmed, so beautiful :wub: . it's one of those movies that keeps your head busy even after watching it!!! recommended (8.5/10)

i liked the music too :)

Everyone who watched this should watch all the other movies by Kim Ki-duk, they are all fantastic.

The Fall(2006)

Wow......... this is awsome i Just bought My new Yamaha home theater Ysp 4000 and man this movie makes it worthwhile

Such visually inspiring film i dont know how i missied it in 2006 .

Check this one if u like Baraka a lot of similarties i guess visually Recommended For sure 11/10 :lol:

i never heard of this movie before you posted it here. AWESOME movie. the characters were all perfect. very creative...

10/10

and thank you...

@amphiton: will do :)

No kidding, I hate Angelina Jolie.

The Curious Case of Benjamin Button:

I really enjoyed this one, like I haven't enjoyed a film since Catch Me if You Can. [/b][/u]9/10

Yes Man: After I critics downplayed my expectations it turned out to be a lot more fun than I had thought. The main criticism being Jim Carrey is waaay too old to act like he usually does. I didn't see it & it didn't bother me. 7.5/10

Caroline: Tim Burton's latest; a bit slow at first, not terribly memorable, but enjoyable enough. Took my wife to see it on Valentines Day; she liked it. 7/10

i never heard of this movie before you posted it here. AWESOME movie. the characters were all perfect. very creative...

10/10

and thank you...

@amphiton: will do :)

Ur welcome ....... The movie is indeed very creative.....

Frost/Nixon

8\10 A very nice watch.

It is sort of amusing... on a board full of old school fans most of you guys seem to be much more into "new school" movies with their full-on special effects ;) what about the classics?

I'm totally out of movies and I see them as time killers/fillers.

It is sort of amusing... on a board full of old school fans most of you guys seem to be much more into "new school" movies with their full-on special effects ;) what about the classics?

Not me Basilisk.... I actually can't stand any of the new movies....

....except BURN AFTER READING that I've seen the other day.... brilliant script and acting, Coen Bros. are still on the top of their game. 9/10

Watched almost all of the classics...... so U know anything works .... But the latest Classic i Watched Again was A Man for all Seasons and what a movie it was..... :)

Well it's recent ratings isn't it? I watched most of the classics years ago. When I newly discover any old classics I haven't seen before I will rate them.

but.....

recently my bird took us to the cinema to watch the new Friday The 13th Movie, Friday The 13th Part 86 trillion

It's pretty much what you'd expect, horny teenages go to the lake & get slaughtered

without exception

More effort has gone into titilating teenage horror fans than making a decent realisatic movie for example

Whitney had been said to be missing 6 weeks and kept by Jason in that small area. And yet, when she lifts her arms to fight Jason, her armpits are perfectly shaved.

but who'd want to see the reality ay? :lol:

Overall it is decent enough, it scared the shit out of my GF but barely registered on my scale as it just not creepy. When will modern horror makers realise that rock & hip hop are not scary music genres. The only decent track in the whole movie was the during the final credits which was some flash back to the original movie.

Average 5/10