Recent ratings

Ormion

• Replies 185
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Saw The Imaginarium of Doctor Parnassus yesterday.

The story was reminiscent of a fable, the visuals of the imaginarium were OK.

It was kind of odd with the character played by Heath Leger and two other actors switching, but I was prepared for that.

8/10

Have to wait two months or so before it's out here... can't wait. :)

Fourth Kind

One of the worst movies I have ever seen, only beaten to the punch by Titanic.

Horrible acting,

terrible concept,

awful effects.

They made out that it was all based on a true story and they had "genuine archive footage" but they fucked up by making it far too cheesy and even forgetting which actor they had playing what role in the archive footage.

Utter wank, not even so bad it's good. It's just crap!!!

0%

Just saw Cocaine Cowboys (2006) documentary

Entertaining for the first 30-45 min and then it just started going in circles. Too much bragging of how gangster they were in past, how much this and that. So I ended up drawing doodle instead of paying to much attention, but that said it had some entertaining moments...

6 of 10 (not good, but not entirely bad either)

Just saw Star Trek

So so so bad!

A supernova that will destroy the entire galaxy? Yeah great start, it didn't get better :P

Yeah i stopped watching after 20 mins or so, the moment he woke up with a chick as an opening scene i had had it... and i'm pretty much a star trek fan :(

• 4 months later...

bumping this topic

Robin Hood 7/10

Very well made. Less CGI, more real sets etc. That's good.

But other than that there wasn't anything special about it IMO. In fact it seemd a little uninspired. Russel Crowe doing his standard thing. Not as good as Gladiator.

The Magnificent Seven 8/10

Enjoyable western despite some silly acting. Not as good as Seven Samurai.

Two movies - quite different

The Eternal Sunshine ...blah blah - This was pure Holliwood garbage. With so many good reviews this movie reminded me that I generally hate what other people like. The acting was OK, but it was such an immature storyline I couldn't fall for the plot. I am not going to get into all the ways this movie sucked, but everyone says that the plot was original. Bull! memories were erased in the sci-fi classic Total Recall. The love story seems fake from the beginning and is a replay of a bunch of other plots from numerous films. I notice that women are portrayed as whores more and more these days in American movies. Jim Carry plays Jim Carry very well.

3/10.

UNDERGROUND - This is set in Serbia and Croatia and starts during WW2. A bit of a stretch with the plot, but the scenes and the acting and the story are fabulous. They tried for a lot of symbolism in this and it nearly all works. I laughed and I cried, it is a rare movie that will do that.

9/10.