Best Suntrip Records New-School album to date?

Jon Cocco

Vote for the best Suntrip Records album to date  

63 members have voted

1. 1. Vote 1 album

• Filteria - Sky Input - [2004]
    • V/A - Apsara - [2005]
    • Khetzal - Corolle - [2005]
    • Ka-Sol - Fairytale - [2006]
    • Filteria - Heliopolis - [2006]
    • V/A - Twist Dreams - [2007]
    • Goasia - From Other Spaces - [2007]
  2. 2. Do you think it is fair or unfair to include Dimension 5 (re-release) in a Suntrip poll (without New-school conditions) even though it was initially a 1997 album not released by Suntrip Records?

• Yes it is fair. It would make the poll more interesting.
    • No it is unfair. It gives too much potential advantage to D5's debut. It's more fun for Suntrips new-school Goa albums to compete with each other.

I have entered my first poll. Hope this works!

Update 2013: See the date guys; this thread's old!

Apsara definitely deserves more votes :) I voted for something else, though. Well, it depends on one's taste and quality-wise they are all on the same (high) level.

Also, I don't get the point of this and some other similar polls.

what a hard poll :)

well... Probably the album I still listen the most is Khetzal - Corolle and Ka-Sol - Fairytale... :) The most dancefloor friendly albums must be Sky Input and Goasia though :)

And the best compilation? :) Lol, Opus Iridium :P naaah, simply because I heard the others too much while compiling them... (lol, I remember with Apsara I tried all the tracks in 25 different orders, re-listening and re-listening untill I was happy with the order... it took me weeks)

Anyway, time for some emotional stuff...

Trying to run a label while having another job and other activities is sometimes SO much that we think "arrrgh, stop it", but when I read this kind of replies, my heart opens instantly and I know why I will continue this as long as possible :) (probably years and years :)) so thanks everyone for the feedback all the time, this means so much for us!

I voted Filteria - Sky Input. I will never forget the first time I heard the samples and then the album straight through. I was in awe. It was almost incomprehensible. The album was a rocket and the most amazing album I had heard since the late 90's of Goatrance. A-

V/A - Apsara is the best new school Goatrance compilation to date, in my opinion. B+

Khetzel - Corolle is the most refreshing and original Goatrance style and sounding album I have ever heard from Suntrip Records to date. I love some of the songs on Corolle, including the first and last. The slower speed compliments the start and finish of a beautiful journey. What is the status with this artist? Is a follow-up in the works? B+

Ka-Sol - Fairytale was by far the most unexpected approach by Suntrip to date. I really liked and disliked some tracks on this album. It's an interesting however. I didn't think Suntrip would release a darker Goa/Psy album but they did and they continue to surprise me. There is some great work on Ka-Sol's debut. Although it lacks consistent strong tracks, dips once or twice here and there and misses what could have been good track introductions. Still, the unique approach will definitely give it attention whether you love or hate it. B

Filteria - Heliopolis improved upon Sky Input with key changes and various other unique sounds, melodies, and effects. After hearing this I wished some of those Rotate To Vibrate key changes took place in the debut, but such effects contribute to this albums progression and improvement. Heliopolis, with few track exceptions, didn't have the same jaw dropping feel I had with Sky Input as a whole. Although several tracks were awesome (Reflected, Rotate to Vibrate, Pyrogen, Unfiltered) I think the debut affected me more because it had been such a long since I heard anything in Goa both new and awesome. The debut felt like the pill I needed for years and so when I heard this it felt like the sequel I wanted, but didn't feel like I needed, for a year or so. Regardless I really like this artist and his albums. Goa isn't made like this anymore with exception to Filteria. B+

V/A - Twist Dreams had some great tracks and some I didn't care for so much. It is actually the album I faver second to least by Suntrip Records, however I gave it a great score overall. I really enjoyed the tracks however the few weaker ones quickly disabled it from gaining edge to the Apsara compilation. I seriously hope Suntrips next compilation is a gorgeous rocket in every way, shape, and form possible. B+

Dimensional 5 - Transdimensional (Re-Mastered / Re-Release) is self-explanatory. It is one of the best Suntrip releases along with Sky Input, Corolle, and Apsara, in my opinion.

Goasia - From Other Spaces is another album I really enjoyed. I think it's great with a handful of great songs and one really wonderful one that shines for miles. It could have been a bit more aggressive at times and few tracks seem D5/AP-inspired more than some of Goasia's previous songs on comps. Overall I really enjoyed this one, but it wasn't as awesome as I thought it would be. B+

I voted Filteria - Sky Input. I will never forget the first time I heard the samples and then the album straight through. I was in awe. It was almost incomprehensible. The album was a rocket and the most amazing album I had heard since the late 90's of Goatrance. A-

V/A - Apsara is the best new school Goatrance compilation to date, in my opinion. B+

Khetzel - Corolle is the most refreshing and original Goatrance style and sounding album I have ever heard from Suntrip Records to date. I love some of the songs on Corolle, including the first and last. The slower speed compliments the start and finish of a beautiful journey. What is the status with this artist? Is a follow-up in the works? B+

Ka-Sol - Fairytale was by far the most unexpected approach by Suntrip to date. I really liked and disliked some tracks on this album. It's an interesting however. I didn't think Suntrip would release a darker Goa/Psy album but they did and they continue to surprise me. There is some great work on Ka-Sol's debut. Although it lacks consistent strong tracks, dips once or twice here and there and misses what could have been good track introductions. Still, the unique approach will definitely give it attention whether you love or hate it. B

Filteria - Heliopolis improved upon Sky Input with key changes and various other unique sounds, melodies, and effects. After hearing this I wished some of those Rotate To Vibrate key changes took place in the debut, but such effects contribute to this albums progression and improvement. Heliopolis, with few track exceptions, didn't have the same jaw dropping feel I had with Sky Input as a whole. Although several tracks were awesome (Reflected, Rotate to Vibrate, Pyrogen, Unfiltered) I think the debut affected me more because it had been such a long since I heard anything in Goa both new and awesome. The debut felt like the pill I needed for years and so when I heard this it felt like the sequel I wanted, but didn't feel like I needed, for a year or so. Regardless I really like this artist and his albums. Goa isn't made like this anymore with exception to Filteria. B+

V/A - Twist Dreams had some great tracks and some I didn't care for so much. It is actually the album I faver second to least by Suntrip Records, however I gave it a great score overall. I really enjoyed the tracks however the few weaker ones quickly disabled it from gaining edge to the Apsara compilation. I seriously hope Suntrips next compilation is a gorgeous rocket in every way, shape, and form possible. B+

Dimensional 5 - Transdimensional (Re-Mastered / Re-Release) is self-explanatory. It is one of the best Suntrip releases along with Sky Input, Corolle, and Apsara, in my opinion.

Goasia - From Other Spaces is another album I really enjoyed. I think it's great with a handful of great songs and one really wonderful one that shines for miles. It could have been a bit more aggressive at times and few tracks seem D5/AP-inspired more than some of Goasia's previous songs on comps. Overall I really enjoyed this one, but it wasn't as awesome as I thought it would be. B+

Agree in everything

I voted Khetzal, but in retrospect I would go Apsara because it has a bit of many artists I enjoy, and overall a less cohesive but more quality packed release I think. It is through Apsara and Scraqp by Ka-Sol that I realised darker psy/goa full of abrasive sounds can be fantastic. The whole thing is fantastic really.

Don't get me wrong, I think every release by Suntrip that I have listened to is fantastic, but Apsara, Corolle and Fairytale are my pick of the three in that order. Those three are probably also my favourite releases of the past few years along with Life² by Asura and maybe a few others. That is how highly I rate them.

EDIT: I forgot to mention, the Apsara and Twist Dreams cover art, brilliant.

Khetzal for me...although I'm more a man of hard beats and lazertrance-dance music, Corolle

unravelled a great storytelling world to me. This heavily contrasted with the Ka-Sol album, which didn't

captured my attention at all.

Khetzal's "Corolle" was really a sonical mind expanding experience. It was, and still is, considered an instant classic in my ears.

It is very rare that a release hits it on the nail from so many corners. It successfully covers a wide spectrum of styles and emotions.

• 5 years later...

Idea!

In a NEW THREAD we could list our favorite new school Goa albums. People could go back and edit their comments if they wanted to. Suntrip for instance released so many albums since I opened this thread in 2008.

My favorite Suntrip albums include..

Filteria

- Daze Of Our Lives

- Sky Input

Khetzal: Corolle

RA - 9th

D5 - TransAddendum

Crossing Mind: Inner Shift

V/A Comps

- Temple of Chaos

- Sundrops

• 3 weeks later...

Fairytale : that's probably the less professional sounding album of the list (i don't mean the mastering but the tracks building (no introductions...)) yet that 's the one I prefer, Filteria I did tried for years to like it but impossible (so I gave up :D)

Corolle is nice but gets predictable after a while... Fairytale on the other hand is full of surprises and got different atmospheres from the start to the end.