1. 1. 2005 will be worst psytrance year

• Yes
    • No

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

a lot of the techno i hear lately is much more psychedelic imo than the so-called "psy" coming out

371683[/snapback]

i was having a go at a dumb joke, but you are completly right it has also been a great year for techno:

Boshke beats delivered, so did moonflower, i liked Horns n hoofs... cold groove isn't doing too bad. etc, etc... :)

2005 has been a good year thus far - with loads of interesting albums and compilations... Sure the output was INSANE this year, but that just requires digging a little deeper....

I'll compile a best of list once we reach the end of december...

/DP

a lot of the techno i hear lately is much more psychedelic imo than the so-called "psy" coming out

371683[/snapback]

true

and i am not talking about just the so-called 'psy techno' either. minimal glitchy techno has gotten a lot better as well... and some of it is extremely psychedelic.

I think 2006 will be better with new albums from Prometheus, Ott, Infected Mushroom (probably) and maybe Hallucinogen now the Shpongle project has come to a head.

371645[/snapback]

eh.. none of these make me even remotely excited. good production, but same old ideas done over and over again. maybe some more Metal Sharon, that'd be neat.

oh, and appart from antix, 2005 has been gifted by many releases from beckers... definitely not the worst year ;)

Pretty good year, but a terrible start...

Elysium - Dance For The Celestial Beings

A re-issue appearing some time this fall on Avatar, includes a bonus CD with unreleased killargs :)

sounds great...! :D

* MFG - Message From God (Beg. 2006)

fuck i thought hommega said this would be released in 2005... anyways it will be fullonish :(

371552[/snapback]

This is a bad year :(

I like only Droidlock Tellus2 Benza and Apsara.

372951[/snapback]

hrm.. out of all those, I only like Benza.

but i also like Penta, Derango, Psystories, Squaremeat, Nystagmus, Bon, Bodhisattva 13:20, Ghreg on Earth, Sensient, Idea FX, E-Jekt, etc etc etc.

hrm.. out of all those, I only like Benza.

but i also like Penta, Derango, Psystories, Squaremeat, Nystagmus, Bon, Bodhisattva 13:20, Ghreg on Earth, Sensient, Idea FX, E-Jekt, etc etc etc.

373002[/snapback]

You should try Planum too.

You should try Planum too.

373083[/snapback]

i did. the music is pretty good, but i don't like the production at all. sounds like it was all made on a casio pop machine.

maybe next album.

i did. the music is pretty good, but i don't like the production at all. sounds like it was all made on a casio pop machine.

maybe next album.

373109[/snapback]

:P

i from the few samples i heard it sounds... very... rock n roll... psy...

i dunno :huh:

• 1 year later...
Guest The Journey Man Project

Actually Charlies, I dicovered some excellent new styles within the trance genre this year, and saw an amazing improvement both in the quality of music and technical skills of many new and long term musicians... I'd say 2006 for me definitely a positive Trancedelic year :D Better than 2003, 2004 and 2005 ;)

2006 is worst!

Ooooooh, 2004 is soooo bad, ooooooh, 2005 is soooooo bad, 2006 is soooo bad and 2007 will be also sooooo bad. Jesus, why do you carry on with it instead of looking for other music that will fit you? I mean no psy (or any other style probably) will every sound like it did 5 or 10 years ago but as much as I know nobody forces you to listen to the new stuff, so why not move on? To me it seems some people just have to complain or they don't feel ok.

I think 2006 will be better with new albums from Prometheus, Ott, Infected Mushroom (probably) and maybe Hallucinogen now the Shpongle project has come to a head.

i thought this funny somehow, because none of these got released actually :P now i at least understand your dissappointment.