1. 1. 2005 will be worst psytrance year

• Yes
    • No

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

don't agree heard some pretty good stuff this year...

new antix

gaudium

etic

yotopia

khetzal...

this isn't the worst psytrance year ever...

some great remasterd old skool released...

I enjoyed 2005...

you guys didn't ??? :lol::P;) , too bad :D

Im sure we are not talking about the same thing,are we?

I mean,we have plenty of compilations,albums etc etc

Lots of great music released this year.

If you think 2005 is a bad year then 2004,2003,2002 and 2001...there was no psytrance at all!!

great year indeed, but wait... this year ain't over yet... anyway, tons of great releases around.. but also alot of mediocre, you just have to pick out the right one's.. :)

Im sure we are not talking about the same thing,are we?

I mean,we have plenty of compilations,albums etc etc

Lots of great music released this year.

If you think 2005 is a bad year then 2004,2003,2002 and 2001...there was no psytrance at all!!

371253[/snapback]

i'm happy that you aggree, i was afraid for a second :P

Its like saying:

"Personally I dont REALLY like psytrance,but its cool to be a hippie".

371264[/snapback]

No, it's not. That's a completely nonrelated statement.

No, it's not. That's a completely nonrelated statement.

371267[/snapback]

:lol:

Ok so lets think about it.

Ambient:great releases.

Chill-out:great releases here too.

Full-on:lots of releases,i guess if you like full-on you would be happy about it.

Progressive:same thing as full-on.

Techno:same thing as progressive.

Dark/Crazy/Forest psychedelia:LOTS of releases,some of them are kick-ass,most of the compilations contain at least 3-4 very good tracks.

So.....whats left?....Nothing!What exactly you want to be satisfied?Another genre maybe?Ever though about it?

:lol:

Ok so lets think about it.

Ambient:great releases in your opinion.

Chill-out:great releases here too in your opinion..

Full-on:lots of releases,i guess if you like full-on you would be happy about it.

Progressive:same thing as full-on.

Techno:same thing as progressive.

Dark/Crazy/Forest psychedelia:LOTS of releases,some of them are kick-ass,most of the compilations contain at least 3-4 very good tracks in your opinion..

So.....whats left?....Nothing!What exactly you want to be satisfied?Another genre maybe?Ever though about it?

371270[/snapback]

sic

It's the same whining every year: psy has gotten so commercial, there are no good releases, everything is full-on (some years ago it was minimal instead of full-on) and so on... I don't really know what the problem is, there are so many different styles with good and bad releases that even you for example don't like full-on you should be able to find other releases that fit you. There is dark psy, proggy, minimal (maybe not psyminimal, I can't tell the difference anyway), morning, melodic, new-school, ambient, house influenced like Jaia... If you don't like anything then maybe you haven't digged deep enough or you are maybe to fixed for a single style/sound?

Anyway, I find more and more releases every year I like. So I can say 2005 is nicey nice! :) Happy me!

In my opinion??Dude,read some reviews.You are alone in this.

371274[/snapback]

Everything released this year were either tired remakes (Entheogenic), sub-par stuff (Shpongle), nothing I haven't heard before (Derango) or just very, very mediocre (Kaya Project).

These are my opinions. I want my music great, not just "OK". And it doesn't matter what other people think. I think you'll find not nearly everybody likes these releases either.

It's the same whining every year: psy has gotten so commercial, there are no good releases, everything is full-on (some years ago it was minimal instead of full-on) and so on... I don't really know what the problem is, there are so many different styles with good and bad releases that even you for example don't like full-on you should be able to find other releases that fit you. There is dark psy, proggy, minimal (maybe not psyminimal, I can't tell the difference anyway), morning, melodic, new-school, ambient, house influenced like Jaia... If you don't like anything then maybe you haven't digged deep enough or you are maybe to fixed for a single style/sound?

Anyway, I find more and more releases every year I like. So I can say 2005 is nicey nice! :) Happy me!

371275[/snapback]

You know what I love about you sometimes, Tatsu?! YOUR POSSITIVE ATTITUDE!!! :) YOU are great! :)

Personally I haven't REALLY liked a single release this year.

371260[/snapback]

go listen to metal then :P

371275[/snapback]

the same that I was thinking with my post but was too lazy to type it all :D

You know what I love about you sometimes, Tatsu?! YOUR POSSITIVE ATTITUDE!!! :) YOU are great! :)

371284[/snapback]

Thanks a lot! :) And I love your posts about old-school trance/techno psy to give you a compliment back! :)

Besides that, there is so much bitching and whining on this side I think that I need to mark the positive side sometimes... Plus I absolute LOVE psy, a lot of the stuff that is coming out new and old stuff and... B)

Listen to last 1200 Mics and Oforia and compare to first albums they made

This year i'm very disappointing!

236158[/snapback]

I say NEVER listen to any 1200 mics album.

Off course you will think psytrance is boring if you only want that old-ultra melodic-mystica-Indian-shiva-ganesh- feel of the old school music

It will be always the same old whining about how the oldscholl feeling is gone and that today music is boring

Well.... i am HAPPY that it changed. Image it if there was the same thing over those last 12 years?! It would be hell i tell ya

Anyway, i agree that most of today releases are boring. Althou there is so much releases that is also many impressive stuff coming out by the other side too

Its all about a question of perception and expectations

obs: Research the expression "Tribal Visions" Ale.

Maybe is not what you are looking, but you cant say there isnt quality and exciment :)

Thanks a lot! :) And I love your posts about old-school trance/techno psy to give you a compliment back! :)

Besides that, there is so much bitching and whining on this side I think that I need to mark the positive side sometimes... Plus I absolute LOVE psy, a lot of the stuff that is coming out new and old stuff and...  B)

371297[/snapback]

:wub: Blush Style :)

Change is indeed important as otherwise things stagnate but things should change for the better where as psy-trance has changed for the worst.

371304[/snapback]

Well i agree that the mainstreamn pshychedelic music had changed for the worst. What i am saying is that this change proportionate some incredible music in out boders from the big labels and commercial artists