1. 1. 2005 will be worst psytrance year

• Yes
    • No

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

i say 2005 has been a very positive year with a lot of innovative music coming from all fronts, progressive, good ambient, a very slimy section of good full on, and dark/forest swung the doors wide open...

taste is taste... is taste...

:)

2005 is no doubt the year in which most trance albums and compilations were released. so far, that is. ;)

On the downside - a lot more dissapointing releases, and more releases aimed at commercial dancefloors/radio-play.

On the upside - production techniques improved, new tricks were discovered etc. New talented artists came into the scene.

I don't think we can generalise any more and say it was the "worst year for psytrance". The genre has become even more blurred and people are heading in different directions and sub-genres. I think it is fair to say that it was the worst year for certain artists and labels.

Psy-trance, unfortunately, is not like wine :D There are no good and bad years - just good and bad releases and artists.

imho

http://www.psynews.org/forums/index.php?showtopic=29024

;)

join the club my positive friend  :D

371371[/snapback]

I've seen that thread. Rain and I are official soulmates in the "be positive at psynews.org"-club!! :)

the antix perfect cd was released this year, so its impossible that its the worst year ;)

(some years ago it was minimal instead of full-on)

371275[/snapback]

Thank god that minimal is gone.....

Anyway... my opinion:

I haven't heard half as much as most of you probably, but that is because I only check out the stuff that has got at least some positive feedback...

If we include chillout to the 'psytrance' section in this arguement, then:

Shpongle - Blast me away when I first heard it, but actually has indeed worn off since... But its still great for me.

Entheogenic - Dissapointing, but quite ok, some good tracks.

Ultimae's Farenheit 5 was released and it was very good..

About progressive - Only checked out Antix and since I'm not into prog I can only say it's 'quite good'.

About 'dark' stuff - don't like it really, thus haven't checked. I dig some Derango compilation tracks very much tho, so I want to check Tumult out (dunno how dark it is considered tho)

About other psy:

Apsara compilation was very nice, I really dig some tracks from there and in fact all the tracks are much above avarage imo... But I havent had time to check much other stuff... Voice of Cod was hyped a bit, but it's not my style. I guess I need soem time to check out Nystagamus and Khetzal.....

Anyway.... From my limited listening I have made up my opinion... That this year isn't especially bad.... I think it's better than 2002/2003... I can't remember any notable psytrance albums from those times at the moment... There were nice chill releases tho.

Anyway anyway anyway, just my humble unprofessional opinion.

Pretty good year, but a terrible start...

Personally I'm looking forward to these:

Various - Positive Alchemists Vol. 1

First release of Khetzal's new label (7 Nov)

Elysium - Dance For The Celestial Beings

A re-issue appearing some time this fall on Avatar, includes a bonus CD with unreleased killargs :)

Radical Distortion vs. Mendark - Purple Energy

RD with one track on Apsara, not very impressive but this should be interesting..

Various - Fluorotronik

When!!? :)

Various - Pure Planet 2

Will it be released this year?

And in the beginning of 2006 we got some pretty interesting releases:

* Astral Projection - Open Society (Beg. 2006)

* Filteria - Heliopolis (Beg. 2006) :D

* MFG - Message From God (Beg. 2006)

Only checked out Antix and since I'm not into prog I can only say it's 'quite good'.

371442[/snapback]

:o

Blasphemy!!

:P

Its like saying:

"Personally I dont REALLY like psytrance,but its cool to be a hippie".

371264[/snapback]

All hippies should die! On another note, that's a pretty pathetic comparison to his post about not liking anything this year.

In any case, I got the new shpongle album this year. That's it for what I've acquired for this new year! HEHE!

It's almost over, bye bye!

Aaron (the hippie hater!)

P.S. I don't know how it is overseas, but here in the United States, it's a popular conception that all psytrance lovers are hippies. Everyone seems to "become a hippie" when they're on the in at psytrance parties. I however, retain my ghetto urban thug look, and I shower every day, *laughs* But I still love the people :-D

P.S.S. BLAH!

I think that this year is pretty nice by now, okay, I absolutely miss still some psy and goa sounds but that is all covered with many good progressive and ambient releases. At least scene started moving somewhere from this year. Back in 03 and 04 I though that it turned too generic and boring in fact, despite many good releases from both years, but this year some mild psychadelia is returned and producers started experimenting again and moved from generic patterns to more freestyle ones. I thought at first that this year will be psy come back, but it is not, but in fact it doesn't matter cause there is SO MUCH music to discover in any case. I am doing my best in finding as much of old school releases in many electronic genres so it really doesn't matter if it is going somewhere right now cause every quality music suffers from changes, only boring, mainstream crap stays the same.

My million pounds. :)

I think 2006 will be better with new albums from Prometheus, Ott, Infected Mushroom (probably) and maybe Hallucinogen now the Shpongle project has come to a head.

lets hope that bastard ott and the turtle-slow twisted recs make it possible for us to hear the next ´blumenkraft´ before 2012 :lol:

its definitely the album I expect more of all

lets hope that bastard ott and the turtle-slow twisted recs make it possible for us to hear the next ´blumenkraft´ before 2012 :lol:

its definitely the album I expect more of all

371646[/snapback]

Yup, expected from this side as well...:D

Yeah especially the Infected album will be exactly what this scene needs.Commercial,non-psy and hyped to death.

371650[/snapback]

It probably will be commercial and sort of non-psy and hyped but does it matter, surely what matters is if it's any good?

It probably will be commercial and sort of non-psy and hyped but does it matter, surely what matters is if it's any good?

371656[/snapback]

Actually, it DOES matter cause I am already sick of their 'change', if they continue with the same change and make it even more idiotic, then it surely does matter cause then it won't be good...;):)

Plus, I have heard that after they move to USA, they will start making hard core music and not trance at all... :huh:

You haven't heard a lot, have you? You been into the scene longer than me, and yet you find Derango original? Madness.

371287[/snapback]

Sorry Cinos, but i fully agree with Gnome here... have you even tried to listen to it? Listened to it multiple times, and not the samples only... this is NOT stuff we have heard all before... but damn man, i really feel like "if it ain't shpongle/simon/etheogenic/and all other so called "psy" chillout acts... it ain't good" whenever i hear you talk about music... do you like psytrance or what?

Anyway this is pointless

well i for one agree with Ale here... worst year ever!

it's all techno music these days!  :angry:

371677[/snapback]

Reminds me of a certain Dark Soho song :rolleyes: