3 - Dreamland
4 - Solar Warden
5 - Unidentified
6 - Summer Storm
7 - Open Your Eyes
8 - Secret Space
9 - The Divine Plan
10 - Wisdom bringers

First he went Back To Space, and now he comes From The Stars. Feast on your feelings and get in touch with your innards as Artifact303 comes to help us feel joy again.

https://globalsect.bandcamp.com/album/artifact303-from-the-stars

• Thanks 3

Secret space is contender for track of the year. Serious insane power. It's very similar to Levitation Device on VA People Walk Funny. Really pleiadean climaxing.

Unidentified, Astral Traveler, Open Your Eyes and Summer Storm are all fantastic, varied and interesting tracks. The Divine Plan is like sequel to Tropical Paradise, which is also pretty good. I did not care for Apex, Solar Warden and Dreamland very much at all. They were a little too uplifting, monotone and had really trancy melodies. Apex in particular becomes quite cheesy in it's 2nd half. The last downtempo track was just meh, would have preferred another track like Delirium from the first album, sending the listener into a voyage.

Although the album doesn't bring anything new to the table, it's still absolutely fantastic summer music and overall a worthy sequel that that extends A303 library with a lot of great tracks. Recommended.

• Like 2
On 5/31/2021 at 2:06 PM, Tsotsi said:

image.thumb.png.84a6b0648a0eb612577775408e0159c7.png

Artist: Artifact303
Title: From The Stars
Label: Global Sect
Release: May 15, 2021

Tracklist:-
1 - Apex
2 - Astral Traveler
3 - Dreamland
4 - Solar Warden
5 - Unidentified
6 - Summer Storm
7 - Open Your Eyes
8 - Secret Space
9 - The Divine Plan
10 - Wisdom bringers

First he went Back To Space, and now he comes From The Stars. Feast on your feelings and get in touch with your innards as Artifact303 comes to help us feel joy again.

"First he went Back To Space, and now he comes From The Stars. Feast on your feelings and get in touch with your innards as Artifact303 comes to help us feel joy again"

that was absolutely GREAT!

Everytime i hear this album in different life situations (did it maybe 20+ times already) it sends me on a journey into the past, but only to the beautiful and inspiring moments of life.It remembered me of magic moments or unintentional rituals i did when i was actually happy. Like watching the stars in the night, feel the sun in the day or taking a bath with 1.5L Tetra Pack of red wine. This Album gave Oxygen to my fading (long and quite thicc) white candle...i think i mentioned it already that i am a big fan of Arty303...his music gave me a lot! Secret Space is my favorite track on that Album and in the Top 3 of Artys releases for me. If i could, i would do Goa Trance like Secret Space. i Absolutely vibe with that tune and Artifacts Music! Peter, stay mysterious and mindblowing like an alien Artifact from the Stars.

• Thanks 1

Apex goes to some strange territory in the end. But the first part.. 

Secret space starts kind of amazingly. 

But when the kick and bass drops all I can hear is software sound. I wish I didn't. But, that's just my opinion. Don't be mad. :)

The music sounds pretty much similar to his other stuff, except I think this album is a bit softer and more easy to listen to than Back to space, but in this case i don't think that's a great thing. 

Back to space has a different, more cocky and near perfect sound, and the music is easily as good as this.. 

So I suppose I'm just a bit disappointed. But, nonetheless its a good album that I hope many other people will like. It's a great intro to new school goa trance. Sad just that it's not more an outro. 

I half expected him to be like "ok guys. This is what you want. New school goa is over. This is the finale." 

Again, don't be mad just my opinion. 3.5/5

• Like 1
22 minutes ago, astralprojection said:

Apex goes to some strange territory in the end. But the first part.. 

Secret space starts kind of amazingly. 

But when the kick and bass drops all I can hear is software sound. I wish I didn't. But, that's just my opinion. Don't be mad. :)

The music sounds pretty much similar to his other stuff, except I think this album is a bit softer and more easy to listen to than Back to space, but in this case i don't think that's a great thing. 

Back to space has a different, more cocky and near perfect sound, and the music is easily as good as this.. 

So I suppose I'm just a bit disappointed. But, nonetheless its a good album that I hope many other people will like. It's a great intro to new school goa trance. Sad just that it's not more an outro. 

I half expected him to be like "ok guys. This is what you want. New school goa is over. This is the finale." 

Again, don't be mad just my opinion. 3.5/5

Well, i am not sharing your opinion on the 3.5/5

Please tell me the last Great Newschool Album...what was it? how much time passes since? Why you loved it? Was it truly better than From the Stars?

For me its the best newschool Album until now. Ofcourse there are also a few top compilations from Suntrip/Global Sect. But these are Compilations! collected to present the cream de la creme of NeoGoa from different producer. From the Stars is an Album made by just one person and it beats almost all Newschool compilation outthere and for sure all albums.

When i first heared it i would have given it a 8.5/10 but its getting better and better for me.

• Like 1
7 minutes ago, Psychedelic Superbeast said:

Please tell me the last Great Newschool Album...what was it? how much time passes since? Why you loved it? Was it truly better than From the Stars?

the last "Great" was Filteria - Daze of our lives. I loved every part of it. Sound and production, music, and how it creates something new and interesting.

Theres tons of very good albums after that, but thats still the best so far I think.

• Like 1
12 minutes ago, astralprojection said:

the last "Great" was Filteria - Daze of our lives. I loved every part of it. Sound and production, music, and how it creates something new and interesting.

Theres tons of very good albums after that, but thats still the best so far I think.

Sure!

So you answered my questions at least for yourselfe...its very long ago that we had an great Album. Also there are just a few that can compete with Daze of our Lives and from the Stars. So why a 3.5/5 then? "Daze" is a synthetic chaos....why blaming "From the Stars" for sounding like software? or do you mean something else by that?

Daze has some great tracks indeed. but as i like 2-3 of them, the others sound like typical "chaotic synthetic rainbow blizzards" we know from filteria. Not a big fan of those. 

there is just one single track on Artys Album that i dont like and its luckely the last one. The others are very varied and flexible...going through all sorts of moods and emotions while sounding highly professional and epic. If i would compare From the Stars to all music out there, for example Britney Spears, i would give him a 2/10 but we are in the Newschool cathegory or not? 

As reviews are always personal and people's view can differ, I always look to the score on discogs to see which albums are great and which ones are not. Mostly you have so many ratings it gives a nice "average". When you look at these ratings, Artifact has not such a good score, and at this point Fiery Dawn and Median Project get higher ratings for example. As for new school, for now, the latest Khetzal even has 4.8/5.

Anyway, I am still waiting for the cd (did you guys get it already?) to listen :D  Too old school I guess? :D I'm very curious tho 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

Would be interesting to know in  what time frame the tracks on this album were made. If they are all newly made quite recently or from different years? :) Sometimes artists revisit older track ideas/tracks and rework them to their current standards etc. 

Just on a brief listening on bandcamp in the low preview quality there I can’t really comment yet on the finer aspects/details of the album. But I will when time is due. :) The first impression is that his last album had a clear Suntrip flair to it. I think variation is good, albums should always strive to tell something new/show a new angle or stylistic exploration. The album on Suntrip was killer though, so the bar is set quite high in space. :D Not easy competing with yourself I suppose. The last album was clearly very influenced by Pleiadians/Etnica and Filteria. And Mindsphere’s albums on Suntrip also had some of that alien DNA.

Btw Speaking of Suntrip and the Pleiadic style often associated with the label, is there any new school Goa anyone could recommend which is more inspired by Dimension 5? I think Artifact303 could make some really cool cosmic tracks in that domain.

I think Artifact303 had a lot to prove with his debut album, with the fierce competition provided by the other artists on the Suntrip label. And also of course by the classical albums in the Goa pantheon. Artifact303 made a big impact during the first Goa Trance revival in the 00’s. With a promising take on what the new Goa wave would encompass. Today the scene looks a bit different, there are many more artists exploring the style. There are youtube tutorials and overall the style is a bit more accessible for aspiring artists. So it was really amazing seeing/hearing what Artifact303 did back then. His new music needs to be contrasted not only to the old school goa, but also with the first neo goa wave and with the current Goa Trance scene. For a broader and more complex perspective. Giving us an ample opportunity to see in what direction this style is going in the future.

This new Artifact303 album reminds me and puts GlobalSect on the Goa map for me. Since I’ve missed out/been absent from the Goa scene for many years, and not heard anything from GlobalSect until this release. So good work Russia! What are the other essential Goa releases from this label?

Posted (edited)

Lord mercy, I think this Arty303 is a super nice talent that shows a great deal of Goatrance perspective pleasent to the ears and mind capible of lifting the spiritual body up back to the Stars. I own his Debut album and have enjoyed it a few times but never managed to wore the CD out.. I was thinking about buying the new album that this review thread should be about:)

Now, back to the space of ARTIFACT303's FROM THE STARS album:

BRB short review coming up: -- is Bandcamp down? 

Edited by psytones

Cleaned up the trash. Sorry if anything meaningful went with it, but I didn't feel, that it would do the topic much good if I left it here...

Thanks for pointing it out.

5 hours ago, AstralSphinx said:

And back to topic thanks for making these video reviews Tsotsi! They are very good. :D:+1:

This exactly :)

cheers

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Thank you, good job. 

For not be off topic my favorite 3 tracks from album:

- Solar Warden - just killer morning sound
- Unidentified - very strange alien track. It looks like classic modern goa but when i hear synths with deep attention it looks like very experimental sound imo. I very want test it on dancefloor. 
-  Secret Space - i understand why some guys very like it and some dont like. Its just special cosmic style of goa (my favorite).

All other tracks cool too, i think this music not classic goa in many moments, but level of Artifact303 skill very high and i enjoy all tracks.

It was very interestring and long adventure work with this album. I hope we will continue work with Zsolt in future.  

• Like 2

This album is amazing!
Deep, Euphoric, Uplifting, Psychedelic.
Each track of this album is exclusive and attractive, mesmerizing into its own world.
Listening to this album, you can experience the state of euphoria of paradise places, you can  feel  levitating in a dance , you can experience the state of contemplation of the UFO phenomenon, and also go on an intergalactic journey.
The artist perfectly conveyed the concept in the atmosphere of music.
This album can be described as  harmony of technology and spirit.

Thank you Zsolt Peter & GS Music

• Like 2
57 minutes ago, astralprojection said:

Trivia. The track the divine plan. 

It's a beautiful track. It samples a lady, that was also sampled for Lost Tribe - Gamemaster. 

Really cool. 

Here's the original sample. 

Nice find :) 

• Like 1
1 hour ago, Tsotsi said:

I believe we were all promised a review ;)

:D jah man coming up ive just been too busy pimpin', and hiking mountains with my dog. Speaking of your point, same goes for the Suntrip 50th release And the Aion name copyright info-dilemma. *my head is on it*. Anyway, way the go filling this review topic even more up with unrelated text to the music. When I do make the short review I hope you'll edit yours here and have it say (to the Admin) DELETE ME. I'll do the same. Ps. Notice how i removed my offtopic stuff from my originaø post? .. Btw. My heart hurts reading how much astralprotrction apologiezed for writing His honest opinion review of the album. He should not have to so strongly apologize for it .. Which reminds me of my saying, "tastes are like asses, they are divided and usually they stink". 

22 minutes ago, psytones said:

Anyway, way the go filling this review topic even more up with unrelated text to the music. When I do make the short review I hope you'll edit yours here and have it say (to the Admin) DELETE ME.

Cheers man, i'm just playing around, write a review, don't write a review, life's busy and it aint easy pimpin' ;)