Median Project - In the Dephts of Space (Global Sect Music)

Median Project - In the Dephts of Space (Global Sect Music, 2018)

image.jpg

Pre-orders digital, CDs and amazing uv-backdrops: https://globalsect.bandcamp.com/

In the infinite space of the Cosmos, a countless number of stars exists in inconceivable way, among which lives unimaginable number of beings.

Powerful ancient civilizations observe the development of new forms of life, capable of the evolution of consciousness. Homo Sapiens of terrestrial origin have passed a long evolutionary path and they are gradually entering a new, cosmic Era.

The time will come and the race of the planet Earth will reach a level of development, at which they will be able to have reasonable dialogue and joint creativity with the older space brothers that observe us from the depths of Space...

image.jpg

Median Project is musician Sergey Petrenko from Russia. After a long time of hard work, we present you ten amazing tracks, written by all sacred canons of classical Goa-trance.

The album is dominated by cosmic special sounds that are embodied in traditions of Astral Projection, Artifact303 and other masters of the genre. You will also find two joint works with the projects Centavra Project, Atlantis Project and a wonderful remix of the track Artifact303 - Life Support System.

The album is dedicated to all those who believed and supported Sergei on his creative path and to cosmic harmony in all worlds and spaces.

image.jpg

Tracklist:

1. Median Project & Centavra Project - Astral Fobia 
2. Median Project - In the Depths of Space 
3. Median Project - Heaven and Earth 
4. Median Project - In the Dark 
5. Median Project & Atlantis Project - Morning in Space 
6. Artifact303 - Life Support System (Median Project remix) 
7. Median Project - Wishmaster 
8. Median Project - The Third Element (Original Mix) 
9. Median Project - Over The Horizon 
10. Median Project - Kometa

image.jpg

Cover art: Artrama & Ahankara Art 
Mastering: 4CN-Studios 
Release date: 31 january. 
Released by Global Sect Music.

• Like 3

Thank you for support guys. We are one. Psychedelic gods help us with this release.

Sergey, visual artsist and all our team work like goa trance warriors, amazing trip. Its not joke about Astral Projection and Artifact303 level. We think about vinyl for this album. 

• Like 1

Attention! We decided to make the debut album of the Median Project more affordable for the time of pre-sale. After all, it's logical that customers who make a purchase will receive a better price in advance.

Pre-orders digital, CDs and amazing uv-backdrops: https://globalsect.bandcamp.com/

Now, until January 31, 2018, the cost of the digital copy will be 6.99 euros (you save 3 euro)

The price of the disc is 8.99 euros (you save 3 euro)

We also reduced prices for psychedelic backdrops of all sizes.

UV-Backdrop (1 x 1 meters) + CD is 49.99 (you save 15 euro)

UV-Backdrop (1.5 x 1.5 meters) + CD is 79.99 (25 euro)

All those who have already pre-ordered, simply write to us on e-mail and we will give you a promotional code on any of our releases or back difference: adept@globalsect.ru

We will publish the samples very soon!

I'm so excited for this release. Just ran into his track 'At Speed' the other day and really got hooked to his style and decided to buy his EP 'On Saturn', which I can say is the only EP of a new artist this year that really blew ny mind.

Now to see a whole Album and this really beautiful artwork, I will save my money and give to myself the Album + big UV Backdrop as a delayed christmas  present.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

yeah. seems like a continuation of the soft, colourful, melodic sound of artifact303 or mindsphere. it's even more dense and enveloping but lacking a bit in memorable melodies. still, the best release of 2018 so far (and with a january like that, it seems as if 2018 is going to be a great year for goa trance.)

Global Sect's releases start to sound very samey and homogeneous - both artist albums AND compilations.

Production-wise, I feel this blends all the sounds too much a bit (or maybe there's too much delay & reverb?) which makes it pretty uniform in terms of energy delivery and excitement. There's not enough space between the sounds - so to speak - and it feels very overloaded, overdone. That kind of style can work well, if there are some prominent key changes, sudden shifts in sonic textures and some moving, "big" melodies that are not just arpeggios or echoed stabs. But this one lacks such memorable melodies, hooks, rhythmic patterns or acid lines - or maybe they're buried deep within this sonic soup, blending together to the point they can't be distinguished anymore? It just smoothly rolls along, leaving barely any impression.

I'm not saying it's bad by any stretch (not regretting I've purchased it), but it's pretty bland as a whole and probably works better as individual tracks.

• Like 2

Thank you for all feedbacks guys. Only full support to Median Project from us. Its fresh serious player in melodic goa trance and we waiting second album. 

So, we start print new t-shirts and very special surprise for goa fans. More info soon. 

5675675674564646234234.png 

11 hours ago, antic604 said:

Global Sect's releases start to sound very samey and homogeneous - both artist albums AND compilations.

Production-wise, I feel this blends all the sounds too much a bit (or maybe there's too much delay & reverb?) which makes it pretty uniform in terms of energy delivery and excitement. There's not enough space between the sounds - so to speak - and it feels very overloaded, overdone. That kind of style can work well, if there are some prominent key changes, sudden shifts in sonic textures and some moving, "big" melodies that are not just arpeggios or echoed stabs. But this one lacks such memorable melodies, hooks, rhythmic patterns or acid lines - or maybe they're buried deep within this sonic soup, blending together to the point they can't be distinguished anymore? It just smoothly rolls along, leaving barely any impression.

I'm not saying it's bad by any stretch (not regretting I've purchased it), but it's pretty bland as a whole and probably works better as individual tracks.

I'm following your thoughts on this one. Terraformer also began to show this phenomenon.

But they have amazing t-shirths though. I wore one at a party and I was all lit up! :D

When more t-shirts become available, I'm buying them all!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Отличный релиз! Не без недостатков, но в целом очень понравилось. Так держать! :)

Really like the album. It indeed does have many similarities in sound and overall atmosphere to Artifact303's Back to Space, which is my favourite newschool goa album so far, and it does approach almost the same level of awesomeness. My favourite kind of goa, melodic in a good way (I mean, real pleasant melodies, not chaotic mess of notes like in many other "melodic goa" releases), deep, warm and lush. The production is pretty good.

On the other hand I agree that there is not enough variety both between the tracks and within the tracks, at least as it appears at the first couple of listens. Some tracks are a bit darker (but it never gets actually dark) some others are downright euphoric (which I always appreciate anyway) but they all follow the same formula, a short intro with filter sweeps and some pads, then the track starts almost full power, fully unfolds in first two minutes and then just rides on. Comparing it to Back to Space the latter has more unexpected turns, more variety in melodies, moods and textures, even though it's the same kind of smooth floating goa. I can skip over to any random part of any track and while I'll most probably hear something I like it all will sound very similar. I think the tracks from this album must work better if mixed up with tracks by other artists, as a whole the album is a bit too much of the same thing.

Anyway, I'm glad that this kind of goa lives on, this album offers exactly what I actually expect from goa trance. Being a big AP fan, i'm finding most newschool goa too harsh and chaotic. I hope Median Project will continue working in this style just making his tracks a bit more varied and challenging.

Btw, is there such a rule that any goa act from Russia must have "project" in its name? I mean, Psy-H Project, Median Project, Atlantis Project, Centavra Project, Nord Project.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, recursion loop said:

Отличный релиз! Не без недостатков, но в целом очень понравилось. Так держать! :)

Really like the album. It indeed does have many similarities in sound and overall atmosphere to Artifact303's Back to Space, which is my favourite newschool goa album so far, and it does approach almost the same level of awesomeness. My favourite kind of goa, melodic in a good way (I mean, real pleasant melodies, not chaotic mess of notes like in many other "melodic goa" releases), deep, warm and lush. The production is pretty good.

On the other hand I agree that there is not enough variety both between the tracks and within the tracks, at least as it appears at the first couple of listens. Some tracks are a bit darker (but it never gets actually dark) some others are downright euphoric (which I always appreciate anyway) but they all follow the same formula, a short intro with filter sweeps and some pads, then the track starts almost full power, fully unfolds in first two minutes and then just rides on. Comparing it to Back to Space the latter has more unexpected turns, more variety in melodies, moods and textures, even though it's the same kind of smooth floating goa. I can skip over to any random part of any track and while I'll most probably hear something I like it all will sound very similar. I think the tracks from this album must work better if mixed up with tracks by other artists, as a whole the album is a bit too much of the same thing.

Anyway, I'm glad that this kind of goa lives on, this album offers exactly what I actually expect from goa trance. Being a big AP fan, i'm finding most newschool goa too harsh and chaotic. I hope Median Project will continue working in this style just making his tracks a bit more varied and challenging.

Btw, is there such a rule that any goa act from Russia must have "project" in its name? I mean, Psy-H Project, Median Project, Atlantis Project, Centavra Project, Nord Project.

Спасибо за отзыв бро. 

Мы смотрим на этот релиз по другому, чтобы получить такой результат нужен огромный обьем работы и удача. В этом альбоме мы достигли максимума и в следующем попробуем еще повысить планку. 

Насчет названий это вопросы к музыкантам :)

Ну я в общем про то и говорю, для меня этот релиз на голову выше большей части того, что сейчас выходит в гоа. Очень хорошая мелодичность, глубокий космический звук, почти как у астралов. Мне такого звука очень не хватает, сейчас всё какое-то кислотно-хаотичное, мне гораздо больше нравится вот такой красивый трансовый саунд. Другой вопрос, что человек нашел свой звук, действительно очень удачный, и пишет треки по одному рецепту - с одной стороны издержки стиля, всё таки гоа-транс должен быть именно гоа-трансом, с другой стороны в формате альбома  хочется немного больше разнообразия. Это не то, чтобы именно критика, скорее пожелания на будущее. 

В любом случае, ваш лейбл сейчас для меня самый интересный из гоа, причем большей частью за счет русских проектов. 

По поводу названий это стёб, конечно, просто действительно много проектов с похожими названиями :) 

On 2017-12-15 at 11:38 PM, GS Concept said:

We think about vinyl for this album. 

I'd really, really love to see a vinyl edition of this great debut album. It's amazing!

Any more news about the tape copy? :)

Mega-exclusive! 

BUY NOW: https://globalsect.bandcamp.com/album/median-project-in-the-depths-of-space

For sure, the old school fans of the psychedelic trance remember times when, at the peak of popularity, there was an old kind rave and trance on cassettes. It's an unforgettable feeling when you open a fresh cassette, insert it into your tape recorder, give out the most pleasant hiss to the ears and begin the flight to discover cosmos. 

image.jpg

We decided to give you the opportunity to receive this aesthetic pleasure in our time. The purchase of a test edition of our latest release of the Median Project - In the Depths of Space is available . 

image.jpg

Includes unlimited streaming of Median Project - In the Depths of Space via the free Bandcamp app, plus high-quality download in MP3, FLAC and more.

image.jpg

Enjoy!