Photo
- - - - -

VA - Inti (Suntrip Records)

goa trance Suntrip Records

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

Poll: V/A - Inti (7 member(s) have cast votes)

How would you rate this release?

1. 7) Amazing (0 votes [0.00%])

Percentage of vote: 0.00%

2. 6) Great (3 votes [42.86%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 42.86%

3. 5) Good (3 votes [42.86%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 42.86%

4. 4) Mediocre (0 votes [0.00%])

5. 3) Lousy (1 votes [14.29%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 14.29%

6. 2) Bad (0 votes [0.00%])

7. 1) Horrible (0 votes [0.00%])

Vote Guests cannot vote

#1 MrAnarchy

MrAnarchy

Happy mushroom

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 468 posts
  • Interests:Medicine, goa trance, forest trance, epic fantasy, philosophy, video games

Posted 19 April 2017 - 06:54 PM

18051884_10212503303476663_1368569267_n.

Title: Inti

Label: Suntrip Records

Release date: 19.04.2016

Tracklist:

1) Ovnimoon - Invocation

2) Triquetra - Renkinjutsu

3) Jagoa - Perverse Polymorph

4) Morphic Resonance - Varese Dream

5) Triquetra - Destroying Dinosaur

6) Celestial Intelligence - Distorted Visions

7) Mindsphere - Harmonic Garden

8) Crossing Mind - Entropy (First Edition)

9) Sykespico - Glimmers Of Sunrise

Inti means "sun" in quechua. We have a cover art of a sun rising in all its glory and the release comes from SUNtrip. Convenient! Im not a big fan of Suntrip, especially not recently. Floating, sunshine-filled and butterfly infested soundscapes are not my thing. The reason why I am taking the initiative of writing this is because of the HUGE names I see in this comp. Now, the way I do these reviews is write the intro, play a track and write the first impression of it as that is what I value the most. So this going to be a raw, empirical and intellectually unbiased review!

1) Ovnimoon - Invocation: Now, I know Ovnimoon as a psy-trance artist, not goa, and that is why I was surprised to see him here. The track builds-up pretty quickly and Im surprised by the recipe here. Hardhitting and somewhat dark-ish. The tempo is amazing and the moment the acid kicks in its a bliss. I definitely wasnt expecting something like this! @4:00......... a salve of chills went down my spine! AMAZING. One climax after the other! Ovnimoon needs to take into consideration to do a full length goa album! 7/7

2) Triquetra - Renkinjutsu: Triquetra are Elric and Jurian Reinartz, brothers I suppose? They are pretty new and its awesome to see new faces in the scene! Again, hard and dark. I think Suntrip realised that the sun is also a 4.5 billion year old megaball of fire which will consume the star system as we know it one day. The feeling of the track reminds me somewhat of the feeling I had when I heard Howling At The Moon by Cosmosis, with its lightsaber-like melodies which feel like theyre slicing your brain into thousands of coronal sections. Orgasmic build-up all over the track. A great track! Good job, Triquetra! 6.5/7

3) Jagoa - Perverse Polymorph: Not to repeat myself, the album continues in its thematic direction.Ok, this thing is plain EVIL! A track for parties definitely as it's very rhythmic and simple. Its nothing special but it does it's job. Simply put, It's good! 5/7

4) Morphic Resonance - Varese DreamWe all know what to expect from this guy, AACCIIDD! A bit unconventional track considering his style in The City Of Moons. He builds up the track patiently and doesn't go overboard with chaos as he did in his album (which wasnt bad at all.) But even though it is a bit more serious as I said, there isnt much that is gripping my attention and its a bit crude to my ears. A touch above average  4.5/7

5) Triquetra - Destroying Dinosaur: These dudes again! They must be doing something right if Suntrip gave them 2 slots on their new release. Lets see... What I hear is youth energy, careful planning, a balance between an adrenaline rush and a story. The track is good IMHO! Their sound and style sits very well with me. 5/7

6) Celestial Intelligence - Distorted Visions: The kings of melodies are back! At some moments the track feels a bit foresty! Its pulsating in such a way and it feels very experimental to me. A unique experience. 5.5/7

7) Mindsphere - Harmonic Garden:

ab0c29059637bc949feeb22a0f8739c8.gif

HIER KOMMT DIE SONNE! and with it comes floatiness. God... This track feels incredibily out of place, but then again, I never liked Mindsphere's style. Even despite that fact, this track faired pretty well but its a thorn in my eye. It simply doesnt fit 4/7

8) Crossing Mind - Entropy (First Edition): Funny Crossing Mind decided to name this track Entropy, for it is its opposite. Melodies that remind me of BPC and at times it hints uplifting trance(?) All in all, a mid-tempo track with deep-minded and melancholic melodies. Dawn is upon us! 4.5/7

9) Sykespico - Glimmers Of Sunrise: You feel the X-rays warming your skin, you feel the wind's caresses and the sand tingling the soles of your feet. Its light, but its not floating. Its epic, sophisticated and vast just like the importance of our Sun. Its source is bright and endless, she resuscitates the hopeless. Without her, we are lifeless satellites drifting! I couldn't have asked for a better conclusion to this compilation. It deserves my epic seal of approval! 7/7

Phew, what an experience! From the chaotic darkness that the first part of the compilation represents (to me) to the sunrise, kindness and blissful melodies... This release made me realise that I spend too much time indoors. I will definitely remember this release and I highly recommend it to everyone!

Favorite track: 1.

Stream it here: https://www.youtube....0DvFzt6vKt2lmcg

Buy it here:

-Suntrip store: https://suntriprecor...t/item/SUNCD45/

-Bandcamp: https://suntriprecor...m/album/va-inti

#2 Manuser

Manuser

Stepping to the Stars

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,605 posts

Posted 20 April 2017 - 02:38 PM

Just after one listen on Youtube: most tracks are darkish but the highlight for me is the Crossing Mind track, what a beauty it is.

#3 Anu Katariina

Anu Katariina

Visually distorted

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 813 posts
  • Interests:Goatrance, nitzhogoa/nitzhonot, Swedish forest psy/goa, Detroit techno, deep house, Children of Bodom, fanship & supporting artists and labels.

Posted 20 April 2017 - 04:52 PM

Just after one listen on Youtube: most tracks are darkish but the highlight for me is the Crossing Mind track, what a beauty it is.

Agreed on Crossing Mind. Anyone else hearing the sameish melody @ 0:55 (of the YouTube clip of Crossing Mind track) as Pentatonix-Hallelujah? Only a good thing imo.

#4 Void Mantra

Void Mantra

Small doses

• Members
  • Pip
  • 66 posts

Posted 20 April 2017 - 05:26 PM

Triquetra. Somebody call the exorcist asap, these guys are officially possessed. Dear lord O_O

#5 Anu Katariina

Anu Katariina

Visually distorted

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 813 posts
  • Interests:Goatrance, nitzhogoa/nitzhonot, Swedish forest psy/goa, Detroit techno, deep house, Children of Bodom, fanship & supporting artists and labels.

Posted 20 April 2017 - 05:51 PM

Triquetra. Somebody call the exorcist asap, these guys are officially possessed. Dear lord O_O

You are so wrong. The Triquetra boyz are Children Of Bodom fans so that's their energy heritage! Angels don't kill :P ^_^ They are just Children of Decadence!

#6 Void Mantra

Void Mantra

Small doses

• Members
  • Pip
  • 66 posts

Posted 20 April 2017 - 07:35 PM

You are so wrong. The Triquetra boyz are Children Of Bodom fans so that's their energy heritage! Angels don't kill :P ^_^ They are just Children of Decadence!

giphy.gif
Pure evil. Believe me. :P

#7 Themaniac

Themaniac

Awaken

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 141 posts
  • Interests:Extreme Metal
    Goa/Psytrance
    THC
    Lovecraft
    Comics

Posted 21 April 2017 - 01:06 PM

Damn Triquetra know their acid! Groovy knob twisting fun..

Morphic Resonance's track is another beauty..

Mindsphere's morning Goa is good.

#8 Penzoline

Penzoline

Gasoline

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,494 posts
  • Interests:Love & Peace

Posted 21 April 2017 - 05:01 PM

I love how this compilation seems to be a step in another direction. The last 3 compilations from suntrip have been a bit homogenous in the style department(not to say there wasn't any great moments) but they shifted gears with this compilation to a much more stylized refreshing path. Some of the music reminds me of something like Matsuri's Resonance mood, or otherwise acid heavy darker compilation. I mean just listen to the atmosphere in the Jagoa track. There is a clear, maybe more mechanical, style till the 7th track, where I feel the compilation kind of falls apart into the typical Suntrip realm. I don't understand why, because like I said, up until that point it was really refreshing.

So I think the biggest critique for the compilation is the inclusion of Mindsphere and Crossing Mind. Crossing Mind doesn't fit one bit. It's very harsh and lacks the softness of the first 6 tracks. Not saying it's a bad track, I actually like it, lovely melodies, but I don't feel like it belongs. (Also to note he is in every compilation since Temple Of Chaos.) Mindsphere is a tad too uplifting, although again a good track. I know he has darker tracks (he must) that would have fit the album better. I just find the change from 1-6 to 7 jarring.

The last track is fine no matter the selection, it's a nice throwback to the 90s and, well, it's the last track.

I really feel weird critiquing the selection, because compilations lately don't really convey a theme(to my ears at least), so that doesn't ever even come up in the discussion. This one, however, does, and big thumbs up for that. I really think the compilation until 7th track is something new and great and I hope to hear something like it again but more complete. Great job regardless of that (personal) critique.

Actually now that I got to think about it, doing a split compilation would have been cool. Darker tracks for the first and brighter for the second. Like you kind of did with Energy Waves and Temple of Chaos

#9 recursion loop

recursion loop

Visually distorted

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 741 posts

Posted 22 April 2017 - 02:39 PM

1 - I think Onvimoon has much better tracks. The only thing I can say about this one "it sounds like goa". Very un-memorable.

2 and 5 - Not exactly a fan of this kind of goa but these ones are clearly very well made. People who like darker stuff with dissonant melodies and rampant 303s will appreciate it. Very good production.

3-4 - Not for me, I guess many people here appreciate such stuff but I'm not the one of them.

6 - The melodies here heavily use dissonant inetrvals. This is fine but then it should resolve into something following more traditional scales, otherwise it feels like having sex without cumming. FM synths which start at 4:00 are epic and the supersaw leads later on are also very nice. Should this track have more pleasant melodies in some parts I could rate it very highly but unfortunately it doesn't and therefore it creates the sence of never resolved tension.

7 - This one is just simply good. Not the very best I've heard from Mindsphere and not especially outstanding per se but definitely a good track in Mindsphere style. Not too keen on the melody starting at 6:33 though.  4/6

8 - I have kinda love-hate relationships with Crossing Mind music because of his tendency to put both very good melodies and almost unlistenable parts into the same tracks but here the great melodies definitely overweight. 6/6

9 - Dangerously close to uplifting trance territory at times and could do without the singing, but nice captivating melodies and great spaced out euphoric atmosphere. 5/6.

I rated only those tracks to which I can relate somehow.

Is seems that the purpose of this compilation was to present all shades of goa trance but I wonder whether there is anybody who actually liked all tracks from here.

#10 Aspartic

Aspartic

Happy mushroom

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 270 posts
  • Interests:Entrancing music, inline skating, computers and science.

Posted 23 April 2017 - 08:00 PM

Damn, I'm going to say it straight: I'm let down by the newest Suntrip I must confess.

Ovnimoon - Invocation is a very good opener and I really like the flow. Great to see that Ovnimoon can create some good goa.

Triquetra - Renkinjutsu is a great surprise by a -to me- unknown artist. Nicely acidic, groovy and aggressive goa. The track builds up nicely and creates a good vibe. Stomping!

Jagoa - Perverse Polymorph cannot delight me. It's dark, evil, yes. But I feel it's going nowhere. Not my style. I expected something else from Jagoa.

Morphic Resonance - Varese Dream. Oh he's made much better than this. I'm surprised it's only this. Again I feel it's stagnating and going nowhere.

Triquetra - Destroying Dinosaur. Unlike the other track on this comp, this feels empty and without a climax or drive or story. Sorry.

Celestial Intelligence - Distorted Visions are all sounds but without a destination or hypnotic vision.

Mindsphere - Harmonic Garden has the same syndrome. More of the same but without climax or something interesting.

Crossing Mind - Entropy (First Edition). I see some people writing this is uplifting trance and therefore not fitting. No it doesn't fit between the other tracks, but to me it's one of the best tracks on this compilation. It's not aggressive or acidic but it has a story to tell and a vision. Crossing Mind very well knew which direction to hit with this track. As a former fan of normal trance, I can only applaud this creation. Well done.

Sykespico - Glimmers Of Sunrise finishes the compilation in a rather forgettable way. Nothing interesting happens in the track and it doesn't bring me into a trance.

Well, it can't always be bulls eye with compilations, not even from Suntrip. I'm sure the compilation will have its audience, but this time it's not for me. With the exception of a few tracks.

On the other hand and maybe contradictory, it's not bad to see Suntrip releasing compilations with different styles. It keeps it refreshing. But perhaps for a narrower audience.

I really don't like giving negative reviews, especially to my favorite label. But you know, shit happens.

Waiting for the next, always a surprise. :)

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: goa trance, Suntrip Records

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users