What else do you listen ?

darkill

We all are talking about Psychedelic trance and we surely all love it.

But do you listen to something else ?

Personnaly I like Rap (But not all kind of rap ! Only Eminem old song and Ice cube) and french Rap. I think what I do listen the more after Psychedelic trance is French rap.

An exampl of what I like that has nothing to do with psychedelic trance :

Maaya Sakamoto, some Japanese anime soundtrack music of the more down to earth vibe, Emma Salokoski Ensemble, Husky Rescue, Jean Michel Jarre, Orbital, Björk (although her albums after Vespertine have been a bit meh), Ozric Tentacles (if it can be considered "not psy" :).

I've been meaning to get some music again I listened to as a kid, mostly (early) Queen albums, lots of classical music and old jazz. But I've become lazy and haven't bothered to do anything about those yet :/

Ambient, classical (mostly Baroque), folk, rock (some 60's, some 90's or later), some contempary worship music, Autechre (who I consider a genre unto themselves).

Everything that sounds good and that gets into my ears-brains.

However at home I either tune into local radio stations for some de-electronica dose or listen to psytrance or psyprog or when when I feel like - some psybient.

Local pop music on youtube or online also.

Technical death metal, atmospheric/doom/black metal, pagan and folk metal, metalcore/hardcore/deathcore/nintendocore, brutal slam death metal, progressive metal, thrash/speed metal.

Minimal techno and ambient aswell.

Technical death metal, atmospheric/doom/black metal, pagan and folk metal, metalcore/hardcore/deathcore/nintendocore, brutal slam death metal, progressive metal, thrash/speed metal.

Minimal techno and ambient aswell.

yeah baby! +666!

everything from classical, to rockabilly through to metal thrashing madness

what ever is good, but importantly what ever i feel like listening to at the time, right now......................

and

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EHVLdhaiz_0

don't try to understand....... no one can!

I think apart from Goa Trance and ambient classic is probably the best music out there, it's complexity and the sotry it tells and the instruments are really something different. It is known that classic makes you more intelligent and I will listen to much more classic. Yesterday I started with some piano concerts by Mozart and they are impressive, I listened Mozart earlier. Listened to some Wagner aswell, also good but a bit darker.

I go to all kinds of events: opera, ballet, metal and rock concerts (going to metal festival on Monday), house parties, club/techno parties, traditional fairs (were the play greek traditional music)

but when I'm at home I can't listen to any of that stuff for more then half an hour.... I quickly switch to goa, psy or psy-prog... I really like some minimal-techno but the online radios are rarely good and I can't be bothered to look for good techno.

I've found that there's a lot to be discovered in many different (often even disparate) musical genres. The most important thing is that the music touches me on an emotional level, that it gives me something special and manages to captivate me. Most of the music I enjoy is atmospheric in some way, and the atmosphere tends to be melancholic or dark in many cases. I don't enjoy any musical genre per se, it's all about those special artists within a specific genre that give me what I'm looking for. Fields of interest include (in random order) Death/Funeral/Extreme/Gothic Doom Metal, Trip-Hop, Singer-Singwriter, (Neo-)Folk, Jazz, different kinds of Alternative Rock (Slowcore, Shoegaze, Darkwave, Ethereal), Progressive Rock, Rock in Opposition, Black Metal, (Dark) Ambient, old-school Trance, Drum'n'Bass/Neurofunk...