Mixed feelings about Pleiadians/ Etnica

radi6404

So while these guys are indeet very good I do not like all tracks and find some tracks even cheesy, I like only a few Etnica tracks and find them pretty ordinary, I can not understand why they are so popular, but I do love some of the Pleiadians tracks, some of them are beyond earth and surely milestones in goa trance history, those are:

Maia

Electra

Alcyone

Zeta Reticuly !!

Deep Frequencies !!

Photonic Part II

Jungle Tracks

And a few others.

Etnica has a few great tracks aswell

History

Z Plane Sunrise

Allchemists

However I can not understand a lot of the other stuff and some stuff is just some empty psytrance with hard kickdrums. I do not even understand the hype about Trip Tonite. What is your opinion about them and which tracks are worthy mentioning besides the ones I mentioned?

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I reckon the hype about Trip tonite is because of the unique melody of the track, very deep, entrancing, emotional, i remember falling in love at first listen 15 years ago.

I agree that today when i listen to it I feel nothing, it sounds old and empty, but you have to admit that 15 years ago that was a great performance to release such a track, that was innovative. The track has a unique personnality too, IMO.

I am happy you picked Jungle trax, quite underrated this one.

Technosoomy, I think it is you who is wrong, I do not plan to direct or force anyone liking only the pleiadians tracks I like, if you think that, I just wanted to share my opinion about pleiadians.

Radi I apologize for our lack of sonic perception. We'll try to find the reason for our insistent opinion of Etnica being more than just a loud kickdrum. I'll have a serious chat with the board members and advice them to stick the Trip Tonite hype up where the sun doesn't shine!

I think you'll mature into a full appreciation of etnica/pleiadians(well maybe not all etnica but deff pleiadians crop cicles). Its an acquired taste and just takes some time to grow on you.

Radi I apologize for our lack of sonic perception. We'll try to find the reason for our insistent opinion of Etnica being more than just a loud kickdrum. I'll have a serious chat with the board members and advice them to stick the Trip Tonite hype up where the sun doesn't shine!

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Well to be completely honest, Etnica was never really THE bomb for me. There's something odd about their sound and melodies that doesn't always go in sync with me. Difficult to explain actually as it's a matter of personal taste. I mean, I'm not saying that they're crap by any means, but still not something I'd label best goa trance group ever either. Or maybe I just found them too late; my CD shopping 15 years ago was incredibly random and looking back, at times rather ill-judged so I missed lots of classics simply because I had no fucking clue which ones to pick from the hundreds of CDs available at those few local shops that sold GOA PSYCHEDELIC TRANCE (remember those stickers?). I bought Alien Protein in 2006 I think on a whim, a few years before my grand goa trance reawakening, so it got kind of lost in the sea of downtempo I'd immersed myself in after getting pissed off at the direction psytrance had taken around the turn of the millennium. I got Equator in 2011 it seems. Only a few months ago I finally managed to add the Pleiadians albums to my collection and those are good indeed (apart from Seven Sisters which is rather generic fullon, but a collector like me has to have them all..). So yeah, these things happen.

Fully agree, some tracks do sound odd and even on the IFO album the tracks Asterope, Taygata and the other one are really poor tracks, just like a person mentioned in his discogs review.

Just listened Nice Toys and Floating universe and both of those tracks are really brilliant, they are so strong and emotional, that I must say both of those tracks are symphonies of goa trance, how could I have missed them all those years

LOL Radi now listened to Nice Toys & Floating Universe.. Why the F@CK did u open this thread without knowing all their work.. this exactly shows Technosomy was right.. U just like to create unrest.. STAY AWAY FROM ETNICA!!!!

Dont u f'in dare say another thingg about them!!!

LOL Radi now listened to Nice Toys & Floating Universe.. Why the F@CK did u open this thread without knowing all their work.. this exactly shows Technosomy was right.. U just like to create unrest.. STAY AWAY FROM ETNICA!!!!

Dont u f'in dare say another thingg about them!!!

Hahahaha what?

They never really sounded good on CD until I saw them live. Man they rocked (has to be about 3.30am though).

This is something that I keep repeating about how different it is to listen to a CD at home and listening to it from blasting giant speakers. Two completely distinct experiences. Absolum was one of the artists that I could test how the same track sound more hypnotic live. I guess it's the subsonic stuff that makes the difference.

Guest D N H

This is something that I keep repeating about how different it is to listen to a CD at home and listening to it from blasting giant speakers. Two completely distinct experiences. Absolum was one of the artists that I could test how the same track sound more hypnotic live. I guess it's the subsonic stuff that makes the difference.

Big truth.

I have notice that with various psy full-on tracks. On live soundsystems they sound more serious and futuristic, and yes, hypnotic.

I wonder if that's the case with many neo-goa tracks (excluding for me always nitzorientalism). I pressume that might sound much better.

Also, forest trance live must sound really blasting!

But unfortunately, it is something that videos or digital media can't transfer. Maybe super audio or vinyl analog can a little.

I think you'll mature into a full appreciation of etnica/pleiadians(well maybe not all etnica but deff pleiadians crop cicles). Its an acquired taste and just takes some time to grow on you.

i can totally agree here. etnica/pleiadians is not something to fall in love with on the first listen. their tracks become better and better with repeated exposure.