Can someone help me?

Trance2MoveU

I've tried. I really have. Repeated listens in all situations. With really good headphones with a nice subwoofer...you name it. But for the life of me I cannot enjoy the following albums:

Vishnudata- Dreamforce

Lemon Slide- True Nature

Sattel Battle- Sounds Cool

Igor Swamp- Metsa Vastaa, Kuuleeko Suomi

Eat Static- De-Classified

I like melody, I like variation, and I like creative programming. While I was listening to these albums there were several tracks that had parts which caught my attention, but I found it a chore to work through the whole track. Like foul cough medicine, I know it is good for me, but damnit I can't choke it down. Anybody who has seen my posts knows that I am a big fan of goa and the South African sound, but that shouldn't disqualify me from enjoying other branches of psy! I like to think of myself as quite open minded.

And before you say I have a Suomi prejudice, I really liked Astroschnautzer and Troll Scientists. Must just be me, because all of you seem to really enjoy these releases. Maybe I'm just too old. :( Which will bring me to my next thread!

Mdk

As someone once nicely put it, monkey-on-the-keys-music. There is the occasional suomi release that's actually pretty good, but more often than not it just sounds like a bad joke or plain silly... my opinion. I wouldn't label Eat Static suomi though. :)

As someone once nicely put it, monkey-on-the-keys-music. There is the occasional suomi release that's actually pretty good, but more often than not it just sounds like a bad joke or plain silly... my opinion. I wouldn't label Eat Static suomi though. :)

So you missed totally the point :lol:

I've tried. I really have. Repeated listens in all situations. With really good headphones with a nice subwoofer...you name it. But for the life of me I cannot enjoy the following albums:

Vishnudata- Dreamforce

Lemon Slide- True Nature

I can help you. Send me those CDs :rolleyes::lol:

I don't see any reason why to feel strange because you don't enjoy a specific style of music and in our occasion Psytrance.

So you dislike Suomi? So what? I don't think there's any reason to force yourself to like it. ;)

About Suomi...

Well I like it a lot, but definitely sometimes doesn't work. Of course the music is funny, so you have to see it as a joke, but that's not a bad thing IMO.

What I don't like in Suomi that much is that sometimes becomes too crazy without a reason. Don't get me wrong I LOVE crazy Psy, but too craziness don't fit in the Suomi style IMO. Also the percussion many times is more than annoyning. Too much drumming and acoustic snares.

From the other hand, Suomi is very entertaining, with great melodies and FULL of ideas!

About the albums you mentioned:

Vishnudata-Dreamforce is a good album. nothing more, but the Villa Ghee People track is already a classic.

Sattel Battle-SoundsCool is more freestyle than Suomi, but it's very good album with a superb Goa-ish blaster, Fuck It!

Igor Swamp's album is one of the best Suomi releases ever with great ideas and a more serious direction.

I haven't listened to the rest yet.

Now if you really looking for a superb, serious Suomi album, check out Eraser vs Yojalka-Round 1. THE bomb...

Vishnudata- Dreamforce

Lemon Slide- True Nature

eat static has some good tracks.. but most of the others i didnt enjoy but they arent horrible either...

the 'new' cheese in fullon is 10000x worse imHo.

Like foul cough medicine, I know it is good for me

says who? if it was good for you you would like it. i really don't get what you need help with-

or maybe-

i hate the way this sounds, but are you worried you are some how not cool or not a real trancer (what??)

if you don't like these albums??

i dunno. i hope i'm missing something here because this is a bit of a disturbing topic, i don't get why OP feels bad for not liking something

• 5 weeks later...

Vishnudata- Dreamforce

Lemon Slide- True Nature

I like melody, I like variation, and I like creative programming. While I was listening to these albums there were several tracks that had parts which caught my attention, but I found it a chore to work through the whole track. Like foul cough medicine, I know it is good for me, but damnit I can't choke it down. Anybody who has seen my posts knows that I am a big fan of goa and the South African sound, but that shouldn't disqualify me from enjoying other branches of psy! I like to think of myself as quite open minded.

And before you say I have a Suomi prejudice, I really liked Astroschnautzer and Troll Scientists. Must just be me, because all of you seem to really enjoy these releases. Maybe I'm just too old. :( Which will bring me to my next thread!

Mdk

People have different tastes. Just because something is called a masterpiece by everyone else, it doesn't mean you are going to like it. Take Hallucinogen - The Lone Deranger. I really don't get it but everyone else seems to come instantly whenever it's mentioned. You're not a retard for not liking something.

I was very fond of the Sattel Battle album though, must resist temptation to brand you retarded :lol:

Mdk

I haven't heard the Astroschnautzer album (only tracks on Liquid Quit and Boogie files), but the Troll Scientists album also on Space Boogie is "not quite" the same styles as the ones u mention. That might explain why u think u might like suomi but doesn't.... nothing to worry about dude (as other people said already)

As goes for everything... it's not to be loved by everyone! :)

but if u r lucky u might be able to appreciate it some say :P