Thirty

mars

I'm not posting often here, but I wanna share something:

Today I'm 30.

I thought I would never reach that. However, just add 4 years of babysitting, 20 of studies, 6 of work and here you are.

One day, you wake up with that age that categorizes you among the old ones, those who make the average age of a party or festival rise. Those who prefer to drive a break instead of a coupé, those who don't undertsand all those new technologies, those who prefer their 5 year old jeans, those who don't get what all the young ones find so interesting in these new darkish musics...

Count 1 billion seconds, that's it you're 30. That's nothing after all.

- Sounds fucking grey -

Yet, this morning, at 8.30am, a psytrance friend called me from Paris, at 3pm another one from Stockholm.

Among those 30 years, if you can count 12 years of Psytrance, including 7 of Psynews, that sounds much more fun, isn't it ?

I believe Psytrance made my life much more colourful. Psytrance helped the so shy me meet so many different and enlightened people, be it on sharp cliffs on Ibiza, in the middle of a desert in California, in the green Slovenian Alps, in a Belgian fiestzaal, in the Canadian countryside, in old French medieval highlands, in some retro hall in London, in a forest in Sweden, in a military base in Germany, in a hotel in New Zealand, in the black-prince castle in Bordeaux, on a beach in the Netherlands or in Greece, in a shop in NYC, on the 14th floor of a building in HongKong, in so many places in Paris...

Hundreds of parties, thousands of tracks, millions of 4/4 kickdrums in so many countries....and Psynews...and you.

Parties drove my feet, tracks drove my head, kicks drove my heart. I feel alive thanks to all this.

Thank you.

Happy Birthday Mars!

I'm still dreading the big 3 0

As long as you have done a lot (and it seems you have) in your 30 years you should be happy.

Some people get to 30, 40, 50, 60, 70 & they haven't done half the things you've done!

Many Happy Returns of the Day

:D

Happy Birthday mars ! There is really nothing bad turning 30. :D

Keep up the good work with administration of this site and Suntrip in general !

Have a blast of a party for your birthday ! Cheers ! :posford:

in a Belgian fiestzaal

hehe funny meeting u "c'est toi le mec de psynews quand-méme?" :lol:

never would've guessed u were thirty though :P

happy b-day old man!

remember, it's a matter of perspective, so when u wish to see yourself as old, u will be :ph34r:

don't let the world tell you who you are!

ask yourself!

Here's a 33-year old psytrancer sending good vibes your way on your b-day. :-)

Gather on a forest dancefloor with other voyagers who have taken a look into the infinite and young or old, it's all the same.

It's great to be a part of the psy community.

Guest antic

Happy birthday Mars! Don't worry - life starts after 30. I'm 32 soon myself, so trust me :)

as oldest member of this forum you still don't know this topic should be in off topic and not general :P

Hmmm... There's something wrong with this - it says I joined the forum on 10th of February 2000 and Mars almost a month later, but he is a member #2 and I'm #221. That's not fair :lol:

[EDIT] one more post to 2000! Yeah, I know I'm slow... :rolleyes:

Hippy birthday dude!

And to counterbalance everybody else (you suckups), 30 is indeed really, really, really (REALLY) old. You old man.

Did anyone give you a cane for your birthday yet? You might need one soon...

Happy Birthday, Mars! :wub:

Very nice post, I like your point of view! And don't think too much about age, just take a look at TranceChick and Pixiejanet, they are way older than we and still going full power. :)

• 2 weeks later...

Happy birthday, Mars :)

Nice posting ... I hope I'll be able to say something like that too once I'll be 30 :P

(I hope it will take very long until that point though ... I don't want to get older...)