Infected Mushroom - Vicious Delicious

Goa Bill

I'm not sure whether we should be grateful to IM for introducing you to the scene or not ;):D

And you're so funny, you're still mad becaus i don't like the newest EAT STATIC album... haha, what a smart ass.

But congratulation on your big knowledge in IM history, thanks for the leason... Now i can finally go to sleep again :lol:

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The are one of the pioneers of how psytrance sounds today, im i right or what? Yes there was other names before them, but that is not what i feel when i hear music today.... They have been a big part of makin psytrance what it is... But then again, i wasn't listening to this music in 1999, i was 13 years old at that time, so don't hang me up on it.

I wouldn't call them pioneers, because that is reserved for the likes of Koxbox, X-Dream, S. Posford, Boris Blenn, TIP, Cosmosis etc... However, they did influenced the scene and a lot of music we hear today has been triggered by what they've created in the past. It is a pity though, that other artists draw their inspiration from their guitar and vocoder-rap tracks from last 3 albums, rather than from what they were doing before that :(

And you're so funny, you're still mad becaus i don't like the newest EAT STATIC album... haha, what a smart ass.

No, I couldn't care less whether someone likes an album or not. I'm accustomed to the situation that no one likes the music I listen to and I learned to live with that. Even, to take some pride of being 'different' ;)

It's just the level of arguments you used there that caught my attention :)

I wouldn't call them pioneers, because that is reserved for the likes of Koxbox, X-Dream, S. Posford, Boris Blenn, TIP, Cosmosis etc... However, they did influenced the scene and a lot of music we hear today has been triggered by what they've created in the past. It is a pity though, that other artists draw their inspiration from their guitar and vocoder-rap tracks from last 3 albums, rather than from what they were doing before that :(

No, I couldn't care less whether someone likes an album or not. I'm accustomed to the situation that no one likes the music I listen to and I learned to live with that. Even, to take some pride of being 'different' ;)

It's just the level of arguments you used there that caught my attention :)

Whas exactly what i ment. And i know what you meen, i HATE rock guitars in psychedelic..

And my english is not so good, that i can discuss in a very high level :D Sorry

• 2 weeks later...

I really like the track Vicious Delicious, great work on the rythm, the vocal atmosphere, really infected and weird in fact as I like! I was really disappointed with what they did since I am the supervisor, but this one is, to my opinion, a really great and accomplished track. I don't know the rest of the album though...

It doesn't matter how good the music sounds.

It doesn't matter how awesome th production is.

It doesn't matter how creative this album is.

As long Duvdev sings IM will be HORRIBLE!

SHUT THE FUCK UP!!! YOUR VOICE IS AWFUL!!!

It doesn't matter how good the music sounds.

It doesn't matter how awesome th production is.

It doesn't matter how creative this album is.

As long Duvdev sings IM will be HORRIBLE!

SHUT THE FUCK UP!!! YOUR VOICE IS AWFUL!!!

Pretty accurate I'd say

• 2 weeks later...

After listening to this again (and the becoming insane EP) I have to say. There are 2 good songs on this: Becoming insane and Before. Before is kind of like a more melodic and trancey version of the I'm the Supervisor stuff. Wheras becoming insane is basicly just pop... albeit well done pop. Vicous Delicous is just space filler... while the rest of the album is terrible.

I must say however I'm beginning to like the stuff on the becoming insane single more.

[Edit] On second thought... Before is actually a very excellent track! Seriously if you hate the rest of the album but like the earlier stuff just check out this track.

If they really want to do more poppey stuff... then more stuff like cities of the future and becoming insane please. This album is for the most part terrible.

• 4 weeks later...

People have different tastes guys!

Although mike.54 it would be nice if you could tell us why you like it.

Your 4 posts here have not made me aware of your musical tastes :)

It MUST be the singing he likes! Man thats top quality stuff... Definetly a future classic :lol::lol::lol:

In follow-up to my review on page 1...

I put this album back in my car stereo lately and really enjoying it. However the middle act of this album is really forgettable. Infected Mushroom needs to stick to greatness or they'll simply be no longer be considered great, even if they still make a great track here and there.

TRACKS INVOLVING SINGING I LIKE

- 01. Becoming Insane I like. It's fun. Shallow fun. God it's so crazy stupid you gotta like it. No you don't, but many do. ;)

- 02. Artillery ... Part of me likes a cool rap-rock song which Linkin Park didn't impress with IMO their third album. This appeals to that part of me. No more, no less.

- 10. Change The Formality has an AMAZING climax in the last third. AMAZING. But those lyrics??? NOT NECESSARY HERE. With exception to the previous two tracks mentioned above, this track would have greatly appreciated from a lyrics free basis. It's one of my favorite tracks on the album otherwise.

TRACKS NOT INVOLVING SINGING I LIKE

- 03. Vicious Delicious to me is the first great song on the album. The melodies, atmosphere, general mixing/technical work, drums, change ups, and other various work is great. The climax is super fun. KICKASS. CATCHY.

- 04. Heavyweight may run out of steam the longer it progresses (final third) but wow what a great, novel song in a new style. This sounds so refreshing from IM's previous efforts. It's emotive, strong, creative, and catchy. I really like it. I more or less love the first half and ride the second half out without any discomfort per say, just an edge [advantage] less off the greatness of the initial set up, the emotion and musical accomplishement promoted by the first half.

- 11. Before, the final track on the album has a really cool emotive, dance Trance feel to it. It goes through several strong moods (especially somewhere in the middle) and closes the album strong and nicely. I really like this one. It's a relief to hear a good song from IM now days without the distraction of lyrics. It's so appreciative to enjoy the music and the state the sounds put the listener in.

Also:

- Suliman is pretty cool, good melodies when they're there, the skipping ones. It's fairly good.

- Eat It Raw gets better as it progresses with it's fun buildups and climax but Vicious Delicious self-titled track did it stronger and better, the overall song I mean, not the climax alone.

TRACKS THAT ARE REALLY FORGETTABLE

06. Forgive Me - Good message but there's a better song for it. Not this one. I don't hate it. It's just forgettable! And not fun nor really provocative either regarding listening, so why bother? Find a more catchy piece to communicate such energy, feelings.

07. Special Place is anything but special. This is another example of where IM is trying too hard to appeal to everyone.

08. In Front Of Me I wish would stay behind me, perminately. In the past. Can we please have an awesome follow-up with great songs and none the likes of these three please. That would be beautiful. These artists are so talented. I found these three songs so bland and uninteresting, not fun to hear. They're out of place, musically and lyrics-wise on the album.

To Infected Mushroom: Please stop trying to appeal to every genre. You're talented. We see that. Focus on excellent tracks, ones that people love and enjoy. You will build your praise. I'm not against having a couple tracks with lyrics, but please bring back the female voice in Muse Breaks (RMX) for a Psy masterpiece in the future. Put your energy into the best of the best. You can't appeal to everyone as humans. It's not possible. Read the boards, what listeners and fans world-wide say right here and now, and if you're going to have a track with lyrics, don't have a forgettable one. Have fun with it. And keep innovating great, new catchy works like Heavyweight. And build upon the gift given to you which is being one of the leading pioneers of Psy-Trance and Psy related music.

VD is Famous,check the Last.fm,comments on IM myspace or forum, people Listening this album so much,on their live shows come 20 000 people they love VD in the same way as I.

This album somebody loves,somebody criticism on but be enough undeceive and find out that this album is jewel modern electronic music. Indeed vzpomenme on other their scrapbooks. Every is entirely different. Gathering,Classical Mushroom,B.P.Empire,Converting Vegetarians,IM The Supervisor every album different new style,they go all the time behind new sound,and last album has big commercial success and lot new fans.

I IM respect and everything what they give up me in the end really take a fancy and behind - love it. Lot from you this album values like Psytrance but this is dogs on 50% they is able to play style what they want to and to them like. Will never near they doesn't know wherewithal new come.Every album was other,ulterior album will again other,new,original. Already t have some new exhibits like 9Precent,Black Schwarma,Saeed. Also I have to get in Deeply Disturbed (Infected remix) this track also fantastically! Remix it old version of Deeply and this also crumple better,Merlin too. Go for Becoming Insane single.

For me best album of this year NOT in Psytrance music but in ALL WORLD MUSIC !!!

My fav tracks of VD is: 1!!,2,3!,4,5,7,9,10!!,11!

Sorry for my bad english

Yes maby IM has lots of new fans, but they are loosing all the original fans! Letting us down with "pop music"... But IM probably don't give a shit anyways, you now: £££$$$

Yea fuck music, who cares anyways? As long they have bucks for sniffing coke twice a day they will produce anything for that. Poptrance, gayelectro, or whatever else...

Commercial fuckers. I wish them all the worsest :D It's absolutely not about being jelous (i am :-p) but about loosing faith in psychedelia. Changing style for something else, more mainstream, which will give you more cash is the path i will always dislike. Any artist who follow this way, get fucking lost! :(

It's a simple deal. What the most important thing in your priority list ? Music you love, or money ? :unsure:

Yea fuck music, who cares anyways? As long they have bucks for sniffing coke twice a day they will produce anything for that. Poptrance, gayelectro, or whatever else...

Commercial fuckers. I wish them all the worsest :D It's absolutely not about being jelous (i am :-p) but about loosing faith in psychedelia. Changing style for something else, more mainstream, which will give you more cash is the path i will always dislike. Any artist who follow this way, get fucking lost! :(

It's a simple deal. What the most important thing in your priority list ? Music you love, or money ? :unsure:

:wank: