SIMON IS GOD

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

well, all projects that include Simon are normally brilliant , and the last shpongle album needs no comments , the music speak for itself !

i hate licking boots, i enjoy this kind of music as well because no matter how good a producer might be he's not exactly flauntingt this status as superstar or whatver... most of them anyways (skazi is the exception). So yeah simon is good, influential to the genre, whatever ... but god? talk about ego-feeding :P

He is probably the most hyped up psychedelic trance / psychill artist who has ever existed.

The closest we will come to a Psy Trance/Chill Elvis is Simon Posford.

I guess, this makes him a god to some.

To me, he is a brilliant musician, who first on his own, and later together with others, have been able to have a positive influense on the music styles associated to psy/goa trance.

He both deserves respect for his music, but also very much for his work with twisted records.

God to some, talented musician to others :-) I prefer not to be so extreme in my description of artists, better keep them down, so they will want to aspire to be more:-)

*smiles*

Krell

I agree. I think a God is what you make it to be. If you find Simon Posford to be your helping spirit within your life (as some may very well do), then I find no problems with Frontier's bold statement above. He's a god to some, but as only a human, he has his extensions. :)

overrated

Not (a) God to me as such, but I'll agree to the fact that he is without doubt, the single most awe-inspiring producer I've ever had the pleasure of listening to. For sheer sonic sculpting and audio production qualities, there are not many that come close to Posford ... accross many a genre (I'm what you could call a passive PsyTrance fan with main interests in other electronic genres). An audio genius, for sure.

Gods dont fall from their throne

269899[/snapback]

LOL..

Besides, everyone know that SKAZI iz da GOD of psychedelic musak!!

lame question FP.. for sure u know skazi iz very better to simon...

I like the first two albums, especially the first one. Still evaluating no 3.

But for me 'And the day turned to night' is his only real masterpiece. For that track he is a 'god' of music, amongst many other gods...and some have more masterpieces. ;)

But wait... that was about Simon as in Shpongle. For Angelic Particles he is a god too. So make that two masterpieces. :D