Jump to content

mars

Admin
  • Posts

    2900
  • Joined

  • Last visited

  • Days Won

    35

Everything posted by mars

  1. Please read this forum's rules. We respect artists, will never support piracy/sharing an dstrongly discourage it. Topic closed. Any other attempt will lead to a ban.
  2. CD and VBR MP3. Wavs are only for things that are close to my heart.
  3. It could be Goa, but I doubt it's mid-90's. The bass sounds much more modern. I have never heard that track though.
  4. Let's get it, and then issue opinions about it. Personally, I'm waiting eagerly for it.
  5. There are actually LOTS of (younger) people (than us) that do not even know Goatrance once existed or is somewhat linked to what they listen to now (FullOn, Prog, Dark...)
  6. And apart from that, any decent review of the festival itself ?
  7. I happened to be "friendly" to people who asked me for unfindable cds released a long time ago. I don't have their cds though...anyone ?
  8. Suntrip lover / Suntrip hater...ok well. There HAS to be some people that don't like our releases, and we're fine with that. That's how it goes with tastes. As Anoebis says, I believe there are more lovers here because Psynews was more an oldschool place from the begining. Would there be haters as well, they could express their opinions freely, these 2 organizations are indepndant (I'm no longer Psynews admin FYI, just the webmaster). I would like to talk about the Phototropic issue: Filipe wrote me in June to say hello, apologize and tell me unity makes us stronger. I accepted apologies, I agreed with his statement, but I made it clear there's no way we're gonna work together again. I don't think anyone from Phototropic would try to harm us one way or another now. Now about the fact this person voted 1/5 for us only and the suspicion behind it : - If this guy doesn't just like our releases, well, next CD we'll do our best so that he likes it too. - If this is political, then I couldn't care less: politics and psytrance just sound so much off-topic.
  9. I haven't heard about that, anyone can confirm/infirm ? However, I saw Makyo in London in March I think.
  10. Originality remains the main driver. Teh track had to make me dream. Melodic content and homogeneity are very iportant too. Production quality comes the last (as a producer) because I know an artist can improve very fast in production.
  11. We're eager to listen to that album We have one track of it though
  12. If you wanna trip on some progressive, just dig that Native Radio album from 2001, and play un der the sun ! Apart from that, please test VA - Trip Through Sound from Blue Room Rec 1996 I am not mentionaing Hallucinogen projects, it's so obvious.
  13. I have 3 examples without even searching. Logic Bomb copied a demoscene music from the demo "Extension" by "Pygmy Projects", written originally by "Jester" in their track "Extension". Rinkadink copied the music of the Speedball 2 videogame in its track "Marauder" And the very best is...XNoise with "Anjuna Beach" which rips badly "As a Child I Could Walk on the Ceiling" by "The delta" Well, one last example: take 2 tracks from Alien Project. The guy does maanage to copy himself too !!!!
  14. Too bad the content is lost. IT would have been useful to many.
  15. IFO was my favourite for a long long time. I used to listen to it once a week without skipping any track. Now it sounds older somewhat but it's still one of my favourites. I still remember back in july 97 when I went to my local shop and put the diamond on the LP. After 10 seconds of Maia it was a breakthrough ! It was released when Goa was really expanding to its best, it's to be seen in its context. Artists were all competing to blow our minds. But I can understand if someone that wasn't (or even was) in the scene by summer 97 could not be touched by it. It's rather extreme after all: no sample, very raw and fast, super synthetic, going in all directions at the same time, taking you from the rear sometimes... However to me, past the shape, the psychedelic content is one of the best ever delivered, together with Hallucinogen's Twisted and a couple of others. On top of that, I hate talking about drugs, but I admit that if you hear it under psychedelics, you will rediscover it a million times under a million suns and your life will change forever.
  16. Pleiadians - Electra
  17. I agree this one is marvellous. It took me a long time to understand Cause and Effect, but I like it very much. However, EP & compil tracks released before are all killers.
  18. The first time I saw Infected Mushroom in Paris back in 1999, I had one of the best parties in my life, they blew the dancefloor awayand caused so much damage and heat that the bouncers had to open the safety doors to let some steam out ! That summer, their tracks were played everywhere, I mean....everywhere...Marvellous times. Then I saw them 4 times in 2000-2001, twice in Paris, twice in London and it was good, yes burt each time a little less good than the previous time. DJs were keen on playing their tracks still...but not since as far as i know. Then I saw them in the FullMoon festival in 2006. That was a disaster. I hadn't bought any Infected release after BPEmpire, and it reminded me why. What a shame...the same as you felt, Mr. thorn726. What a shame Erez wastes his youth making such shitty music with lousy co-workers. I mean...if what IM does can be considered as electro-pop, it must be cool. Which means it's the good type of music for the wrong crowd...or the contrary, who knows ? And I can also perfectly understand it's more lucrative and easy to make this kind of music for a broader audience, than top-notch uplifting psytrance. However, if the guy would make (real) Psytrance again, it would make me the happiest guy. Else, my advice is to use his skills into something really bigger, like movie soundtacks for example, or even different kinds of music, with real singers and a real band, I mean. Erez, please, if you read me, make us dance, or make another crowd dance, but stop this masquerade...thanks.
  19. Filteria is playing at Aurora in Greece this year, this is 100% oldschool. And Hallucinogen, Pleiadians, and a bunch off others as well, and they usually play rather melodic
  20. Well, I've seen them twice....and if you loved their old days, then you don't wanna see that.
  21. As a reminder, we do accept orders for our own cds héhéhé http://www.suntriprecords.com/pages/releases.php 10 euro each (more for Opus though) + shipping costs. We accept paypal and bank transfer payments.
  22. I checked, it's not. Oh shit, I have it in my collection, I just can't remember in which CD !!!
  23. "Total Sickness - The Flight of the Green Hornet" sounds really like some sneaky circus stuff !
  24. This is not Intelligate, this is much more recent. I have the track at home but can't put a name on it. I'll search...might take some time
  25. We've had several tracks identification requests here in the past weeks. Let me remind that there is a specific forum for this: http://www.psynews.org/forums/index.php?showforum=4 Can't you just ask your friend ? Other than that, was is a fullon track ? dark ? goa ? etc ? any specific instruments (guitar, etc) ? approx bpm count ? Any other track you recognized on the same cd ? In other words, we need details.
×
×
  • Create New...