-
Posts
2900 -
Joined
-
Last visited
-
Days Won
35
Content Type
Profiles
Forums
Events
Everything posted by mars
-
FYI the album is at the press and the complete page + extracts will be up within 1 week. I've lsitened to the album a bunch of times now and I must say it grows on you, deeply. Personnally I'm very very happy about it and we believe we're delivering 100% quality ! (we actually only release cds we believe in, you knew that didn't you ?)
-
Try Aes Dana and Hol Baumann
-
I've attended to a couple of shows like that. LOTS of music interrupted by: - Artists/labels interviews - New releases reviews/chatting - Some chronicle about what'up in your country or the world of psy (rumours, etc) - Parties planner and upcoming festivals for the summer - Psytrance on the internet (sites to watch out at the moment) - A debate about music styles or the future of the movement, the money around it, drugs, etc (but you have to prepare it carefully)
-
There are rumours about WalMart contacting several Psytrance artists & labels, and interested in taking a participation in some. Trying relentlessly to reach Europe, while having a quite "retro" image here, WalMart has been looking for ways to get closer to younger generations. Of course they thought about music. I cannot reveal much at the moment, but WalMart is actually opening its first stores in Europe within the summer, and planning a huge advertisement campaign with sounds from famous Psytrance names, like GMS, Infected or Perplex ! They are also planning to settling joint ventures with several established labels like BNE or Phonokol and selling their releases in their supermarkets. The story doesnt tell if WalMart is gonna have mobiles shops at festival locations, for example. More details soon.
-
This white box you're typing into is NOT a SMS/Texto interface and we won't tax you over 150 characters you know. So please people, make an effort and write real sentences, so that this forum remains pleasant to read.
-
http://www.suntriprecords.com/media/releas...D07/preview.mp3
-
Check this out : http://www.suntriprecords.com
-
I already listened to psy when it was released and I dont remember of anyone mentioning 2 batches. I see no sticker on a friend's copy either. However my own Black Rhino is a promo (pressed, not burnt) but without a box, so it's obviously an early one but I can't check. Please, what exactly is the tracklist on yours, with the sticker ? And please also provide the [mm:ss] of these tracks, so we can see if there were actually one or 2 pressings.
-
VA - Opus Iridium [Suntrip Records / SUNCD10]
mars replied to mars's topic in Artist News and Labels announcements
Here exactly: http://www.suntriprecords.com/media/releas...d05-artwork.zip About Opus Iridium, we received the cds, they look great !! Preorders are going fine and we've started shipping them, buyers in Europe will have them tomorrow, 2 days prior to release We made a small ambient party last week end where Anoebis played most of the CD2 tracks and the response was very good. Next week end is a big party in Antwerpen/Belgium with Afgin wo's also featured on the compilation and Anoebis will DJ the tracks of the CD1. We'll have a stand with our cds for sale as well. Look at the bottom of my signature, you'll find a nice banner for you to advertise us This benner is also on Saikosounds for one month. -
+1 To highlight what Nemo said, if you're part of such a group and are suspected to be sharing the groups releases on p2ps, then you're bound to be banned and your reputation ruined. These groups' point is a "try before buy" approach basically (which carries its part of hypocrisy i know), but releaes are meant to be shared in a serious and restrained community of people sharing these same views. Problem is some boards visitors propagate the releases on less serious ftp boards run by kiddies or non-serious people or are visited by non serious people and that's how these releases reach p2p's. This is fucked up. From my personal opinion, piracy is bad, but as long as you're a small label like mine, it helps getting known better. for bigger labels with a broader audience than Psytrance, releases are spread faster and wider and it harms the labels' businesses. There is a paradox but as far as I'm concerned I'm fine with that.
-
I got the exact same a few months ago with some DVD that was unplayable. I complained to the guy I had bought it to on ebay who replied "not my fault, the cd was packaged isn't it ?"...well this was bullshit as the guy had obviously put another shrink wrap after he somehow damaged the dvd. Indeed, some stores happen to let some customers listen to the cds, and of course these cds end up getting scratched. Then if the store owner can either let that cd to a regardless buyer for a small price, OR knows how to do a shrink wrap. Then he'll repackage it and can pretend this is a factory issue if the buyer complains. Since I am producing cds, I can tell there ARE defects, but very very few. It happens the cd is badly pressed, but we're not talking about scratches, rather internal material defects. On our new compilation Opus Iridium, a couple of copies have too short covers too. We're talking about 1 or 2 over 1000 copies. My point is replication processes are really efficient nowadays, Scratches are unlikely to happen.
-
There is a specific forum dedicated to these trades
-
I'm staying very classical with Hallucinogen - LSD. One of the first and one of the best Goa tracks ever. LSD without LSD !
-
VA - Opus Iridium [Suntrip Records / SUNCD10]
mars replied to mars's topic in Artist News and Labels announcements
We have the cds at home right now and we accept preorders !!! http://www.suntriprecords.com/blog/news.php -
THAT sample from the 6th sense used in all the Alien Project / Safi Connection DNA tracks: "You shouldn't look at people, it makes them feel bad. Stop looking at me...Stottering Stanley, stottering Stanley..." THAT one made me sick for 1 year. Never again. That other one from the 51st state: "my product is 51 times more hallucinogenic than acid....it's like having a visit from Gooood"...overheard And in general all the samples where people are shouting (japanese movie samples for example made me deter from some Talamsca tracks) On the other hand, the Fear & Loathing / Dune samples are no problem to me. Matrix is ok too as long as it's not the usual blue pill one
-
How can you get out clear enough from such a party to be able to play in another just after ?
-
Here are mine. I'm voting for our releases but I love them (or we wouldn't have released them) 1) Goasia - From Other spaces 2) Sound Field - Audio Surfin 3) VA - Twist Dreams 4) Pitch Hikers - Sting 5) Trold - Time of Illusion ------- 1) Flooting Grooves - Upsyde Downe 2) Younger Brother - Last Days of Gravity 3) Asura - Life squared 4) Shulman - Endless Rythms of Beatless Heart 5) Organika - The Peaking Godddess Collective
-
Misted Muppet yeah, good choice. Else this subject has been discussed these last days: http://www.psynews.org/forums/index.php?showtopic=50281 http://www.psynews.org/forums/index.php?showtopic=50779
-
Google does it for you. http://www.google.be/search?hl=en&clie...earch&meta=
-
Ok I'm going. If you see a guy with either a psynews tshirt or a suntrip tshirt, well, this is me. Come and let's have a beer
-
Ace Ventura - Cardiac Arrest ?
-
I can only advise yoou this one, you won't be disappointed : http://www.suntriprecords.com/pages/releases/SUNCD10/
-
for me it's total Eclipse stuff in general. The music grew old not so nicely. I was a huge fan, I lived in the same city as them, and attended to all their parties back in 96-97-98, but now I never play their cds anymore.
-
Infected Mushroom is the best group EVER :D:D:D
mars replied to YaroslavTheHunter's topic in General Psytrance
IM were the best group in 99, maybe....EVER, I don't think so.
