Jump to content

mars

Admin
  • Posts

    2900
  • Joined

  • Last visited

  • Days Won

    35

Everything posted by mars

  1. Dear Suntripppers, We are delighted to announce "Merr0w - Born Underwater" for February 20th ! After 10 years of music production and collaborations, and appearing in several compilations, Merr0w aka Brice Fruyt from Paris, worked 2 years to deliver 10 flawless gems and marks a new milestone in modern Goa Trance production: Massive drive together with a mix of subtle melodies and bouncing rhythmics! Tracklisting: 01. Lured by the Nymphs [02:25 / 125bpm] 02. Atlantis [08:14 / 146bpm] 03. Rise Up to the Sun [07:32 / 146bpm] 04. Born Underwater [08:06 / 145bpm] 05. Aquarius [08:36 / 145bpm] 06. The Pleiades [08:30 / 143bpm] 07. Mermaid's Twin Sister [06:42 / 143bpm] 08. Mind Blowing [07:53 / 146bpm] 09. Poseidon Lullaby [08:11 / 148bpm] 10. Blue Planet [09:10 / 115bpm] Extracts are on arabesque.co.uk already and will be on suntriprecords.com very soon
  2. We've been working with Tim Schuldt since the begining, and got ALWAYS satisfied. And he's a friendly person on top of that.
  3. I have the Logic Bomb Time Travelling ET's in digital form, but in (good quality) mp3, unfortunately. I never got the wav.
  4. I was also about to mention the "Transmissions" album by Juno Reactor in 1993. Else, definitely Union Jack sound on Platipus records.
  5. Hello Goa people, I wish the community a Happy New Year 2009. May you guys be active here (more reviews please), and our beloved artists be inventive productive ! (I hope I won't have to ban myself after that blatant OffTopic'ing...) Maybe we can start the best of 2008 poll to stat with ? mars.
  6. There are a lot of them on http://www.chiptune.com but you have to search a little.
  7. It's written "General Psytrance" above. User banned.
  8. All right guys, very soon we'll put a thread in the "Artist news and label announcements" forum for the new Filteria album, but, then, i would like you not to discuss about the 2006 remixes out there. It would create confusion with this fresh 2008 album.
  9. There are 3 possibilities: - There is a SUNCD13 in the middle - Sky Input is SUNCD1, Heliopolis is SUNCD4 >> Daze of Our Lives gets SUNCD*14* - Filteria is superstitious Guess, guess...
  10. @Depths ~ No Hitz!: We're talking about a complete NEW album here, with no remix, no filler. A complete NEW album. You will be very surprised. "Daze Of Our Lives" is the result of more work, more variety, more insanity, and has a much better sound quality. Still 100% Goa, this album has touches of Progressive, Acid or Funk, uses less the good old Filteria sounds, but gives more space to sound creativity. And the result is just amazing. After that you will look at his previous works with a different eye. @Penzoline: Too bad you mentioned it, because it causes confusion: this NEW album "Daze Of Our Lives" mentioned now @ Arabesque has *NO* track in common with the "Unreleased" (still unreleased) tracks. The new Filteria album is 76 minutes of exclusive music, made between july 2006 and december 2008. Half of the album was made after Birds Lingva Franca in 2008. Can you imagine 3 of the tracks were never played anywhere, 2 others only once or twice ? It's just....exclusive. Hopefully "Daze Of Our Lives" will be on the shelves in early 2009. Can't tell for sure right now. It depends on Merr0w's schedule. Ok just for clarity, a short explanation on the "Unreleased": to be still able to play some Heliopolis tracks without annoying people who knew them, Filteria remixed *all of it* back in 2006! After a while however he didnt play the tracks anymore except in some rare occasions, or long live acts. He asked us if it would be possible to do something about them, as they represent a lot of work. We agreed to do our best to distribute it via iTunes and alike. But you can't do that straight. Although Apple accepted our application, we had to fill another application to a more "local" digital distributor. That way, Apple, Virgin, Fnac and so, on only have a few music providers (who themselves aggregate music from different labels). So we filled applications in Belgium and in France and got 2 refusals, because 1) we produce techno music, and 2) we would not be a big enough customer...Quantity before quality.. Simple as that. So, we got stuck, and the files are still on my harddisk, waiting. But in the meantime, I've been programing our new Suntrip website, with an online shop. Yeah! It's probably gonna hit the web before the end of the year. So the tracks will be sold there one day or another. Why sell them and not give them away? Because it was a hell lot of work for Jannis. But hush now, I want no interference with the release to come. I repeat, we're talking about a complete NEW album here!!! ps: Belgians, please don't call Anoebis for details, he's correcting some exams at the moment....busy times. Ask details to me.
  11. We needn't change the topic title because we released Sundrops in the meantime, but IMO, you should have a look at this one: http://www.arabesquedistribution.com//inde...Itemid=99999999 Eight unreleased tracks. Some never played before. Including one odyssey of 14 minutes! More infos to come soon.
  12. Extremely good news Mike. These new releases full of talented make me drool in advance
  13. Ban. This is no place for bullshit. See you in 3 months.
  14. Antares - Aurora
  15. Indeed, rubbish and bullshit is not accepted here or anywhere else on these forums.
  16. Imo It's nothing against you. And your english is understandable, although you should try to make shorter sentences and get fatser to the point. After rereading your initial post, I think people dont answer because they don't know what to answer. Is it a topic about Zodiac Youth or Elysium? Or about Zodiac Youth or the guys that remixed Zodiac Youth? You see? People are probably confused. They read "Zodiac Youth" as a title, and they are asked to react about Elysium. Simple as that. Also, I think not many people nowadays remember of Zodiac Youth's album. It was 10 years ago, many people here are 16-20... Now I will ttry to answer the question fro my point of view: Elysium has his own style, that I like a lot personally. There he remixed someone else's tracks, so he had to stick, somehow, to the original style. This is an obvious reason for the difference you're hilighting. As a real skilled musician, Elysium is able to adapt to "modulate" his style to fit certain needs.
  17. I don't know if you noticed, but one has to use typed words on a forum. We have here someone asking for a question, and he's maybe not in the know of the "common wording" people use to describe one type of music. He's using his own words, our duty is to understand and answer his questions. Not comment on the wording. Wording is accessory. buzzzman, karan129 and radi604, what you're commenting on here is rubbish and useless and will be discarded (at best) next time. If you have nothing constructive to say, just donn't hit the reply button. It will save your time & mine, some useless reading, and some harddisk space. Thank you.
  18. Yes and as said before, this place is not a place to argue. 3 people got on the verge of being banned in the last 48 hours.
  19. I thought you were gone Unikos. I like the "live and let live" approach, but it looks like many in the OffTopic mistook it with anarchy and relentless criticism. Let's compare with what's comparable: In an increasing number of forums, if your first post is related to something already explained in the FAQ, you get instantly banned. Not here right? To be honnest I don't like this kind of virtual autoracy. By barely moderating for years, it was quite a freedom you won't find in many other places. However, after years of experience with the OffTopic, I also came to the conclusion that, not only can't you just let people manage it by themselves, but education doesn't work either. Last time I tried this was 3 years ago. I complained the OffTopic was a mess and people should behave. Those who remember will also remember I ran into scores of criticism, was accused of dictatorship and such. This were already far too strong and misused words to qualify a still quite permissive policy. Recently, after the 1st hack we were about to recruit specific moderators for the OffTopic. Meaning that we didn't want it shut in the first place. We would have come back to the approach other forums use and I described before. However, there was the 2nd hack. Why spend so much energy and precious time where there are such risks? Sure, the decision to close the OffTopic is negative for its users, but it cuts the risks and hopefully guarantees the continuity of the main topic of these forums: Psytrance, and the other websites running on the same machine.
  20. No provocations please. And no answering to provocations please. This is no OffTopic here
  21. @ Unikos, you're being ridiculous wth an absurd reasoning. @ Late, I would also appreciate you wouldn't acuse persons involved into this discussion of lying. This kind of behavior do generate tensions as described in my initial post here http://www.psynews.org/forums/index.php?sh...st&p=914419 Like FTP before, your arguing for the sake of arguing just stands by my position. On top of this you're both adding distorted arguments, and a lack of behavior. Removing the OffTopic is an attempt to free ourselves, and myself from ordeals as described in my post. Ok, I'll help you, look: I may have walked on my neighbor's shoe in the supermarket, and he may have resented me to the extent of searching what my interests were and hacking the server. Maybe it's also a complete random hack (there were 2 hacks btw). Well you have to know that you need a lot of motivation and knowledge to hack into a Debian server with a 12 chars root password... Anyway, judging by the fact that 5 out of the 6 websites put down were about Psytrance, I believe the person who did that didn't like psytrance a bit, but yet was involved into psynews in some way. Add to that the fact Psynews is the only of these 6 websites to have a community...<using my brain for 0.04 second>...See what I mean? A hacker doesn't operate only if the OffTopic is working. This is bogus. The Offtopic is removed because the root cause of the hack is likely to be the OffTopic. Do you undertsand when it's formulated like that or should I try harder? Now I would appreciate you leave this place, indeed. auf wiedersehen.
  22. Done. Please guys write me directly to have specific customization. I don't read psynews all day.
  23. RA - Other Self, I agree. But the year is not over: THIS will come soon! Oh and i've heard that the new Symphonix album kicks serious ass too.
  24. chmod stuff, Nemo. It should be fixed now. Thanks for your patience. Oh and I saw the site was super slow today, I increased the databases caches and all.
×
×
  • Create New...