-
Posts
2900 -
Joined
-
Last visited
-
Days Won
35
Content Type
Profiles
Forums
Events
Everything posted by mars
-
Might be a good idea. I can foresee a scenario where producers can promote themselves and labels can dig them. Perfect. Would you extend that to other styles of music than only technomusic ? If so, then the service might reach more "trendy" styles, and I'd find it shameful to help labels making even more money, just for free. Maybe a subscription based on, the company size or something...it makes me think about what Monster does with CVs. Else, Any idea of further functionalities ? Would there be some search engine ? affiliating ? RSS threading ? etc ? Would there be any quotas or limit mechanism (to prevent one from downloading day and night ?) How could you prevent misuse/abuse ? Would there be any financing of it (ads) ? What would make it more attactive than MySpace (where the author can also have its own presentation page, and established artists can be there too) ? From my point of view this is not so hard to acheive some "sendspace" functional area, although it's not obviouos either because of the throughput/scalability you need. You also need a database, to setup a lot of diskspace/redundancy/distributed computing functionalities, a web interfacee, an admin interface with moderation and stuff (just like with forums). Technically, for setting up a scalable stack like this for free, you have to check JEE technologies (and not do the same mistakes as Twitter). The UI can be either only HTML/Ajax (like Google applications), which make it easier to index content but are less fancy, or Flash based (Adobe Flex), much more fancy, but much less indexable.
-
Read, he doesn't want rips, he wants extracts in order to know whether to buy the compil or not.
-
I found this lineup quite poor. Imo this is the kind of lineup that looks interesting at first sight, you tell yourself "oh I love this one, Ii'll go". ...Months pass... When arriving at the festival place, you receive a paper with the full lineup, and there, you wonder "why did I travel that much to see 4 artists over 100 ?"
-
Sorry if it souns rude to the artist if he reads it. I repect the movement, I've been supporting it for 12 years. I even relistened to "Digital Stimulant" a few days ago, because I like it very much, but ok we're just discussing about marketing here. I'm sure I will have problems with this one....anyway let's go. ...wow... The lest we can say is that H2O knows how to praise! I know this is just marketing, I do this kind of stuff also when I write sales sheets, but HERE, there's no way a Microsoft marketing executive could sell this cd better. Would I be a newcomer in the scene, I'd believe Quadra is THE Mozart of Techno music, all styles put together ! I thought this was Astrix... Now, I listened to the album. Let's face it: This is just plain full-on. Sterotyped to the extreme, 145-bpm-all-along, with all the known basslines, effects, breaks, vocoded lyrics and eurodance bass tone changes we've been delivered for 7 years now ! Innovating ? Come on, be serious. Brillant ? The shapes on the cover are, indeed. Capitvating ? Just boring. Mature ? After 2 full-on Quadra albums and the Save the Robot one, delivering a non-mature full-on album would be a shame. Focused ? Yeah, sure, on 145 bpm. I know this is bad advertisement for this album, but you'll notice I haven't revewed it. FullOn lovers will probably appreciate. My point was about how H2O is trying to sell something that is more copy/paste than music, with just a pocketful of appealing words. Oh, but there is worse. This thread was meant to be written with that one in the first place, until I just felt pity for the artist and made it a more general critic. Hang on: I wil pass over the avalanche of superlatives. There mus be a school for writing this, there's no other way. "Unique artistic creativity" ? I'd rather say "Unique abyss of lack of creativity" !! What we have here (on the soundsystem, past the sales sheet), is a first cd full of flat fullon remixes of existing tracks. In my opinion it's boring to d.e.a.t.h. And they say it "emphasizes Tamir Ozana's and Yair Bar-On's multi-talent, who takes great tracks to the next level and moulds them to their ultimate potential of Excellency" ? What would have it been with non-great tracks... Look look look, there is also half another cd of 4 times the same track remixed by different artists! It was probably too hard for more artists to remix a fullon track into another fullon track, so the remaining of the 2nd cd had to be filled wih a lousy 4-minute video of guess-what-track. You gotta have skipped listening to the release to be able to write such a sales speech. No, come on, this masquerade has to stop. FullOn is now just like Hollywood movies. The most advertisements on busses and panels, the biggest the budget and names, the worst at the movie theatre.
-
I would like to register my disappointment
mars replied to Trance2MoveU's topic in General Psytrance
Please man, this kind of open letter is all right, but a decent review in the 2008 forum would be appreciable. -
Please someone, submit a review in the 2008 forum !!
-
Indeed. I had the opportunity to browse through some Dsitrance backstock a couple of years ago and the boxes were separate. but that's right they aimed first at being release din a box. Anyway what's written here is right, at the time the compilation was originally released, the cover was the buddha one, then for the boxset release, the covers of the first 3 Distrance to Goa were "unified" into these circles...
-
Hello We are pleased to announce two exclusive interviews of RA and Suntrip Records will be broadcasted on the Serbian radio "Radio AS" during the D-Trance show next monday, close after midnight. D-Trance is a radio show based in the Novi Sad town, the second biggest in Serbia. The Show is run by Davor Vujacic a.k.a. DJ Psychomental (dj & producer since 1996) and Danijela Dostan a.k.a. DJ Denny (dj since 2000). The radio airs on 101,2 MHz and 101.6 MHz covering the whole Vojvodina region. For non-Serbian listeners, check on http://www.radioas.net and click "listen online", then "Slušajte online Radio AS". You must have Winamp or alike installed. for direct access, the stream address is http://radio.web-streaming.net:8020 The interviews were recorded a few days ago especially for that show. They involve Christer & Lars of RA, and Fabien & Jos of Suntrip. They answer questions about their origins, history, present and future projects. or those who will ne be able to listen that night, both interviews will be available on suntriprecords.com after the show. See you on monday
-
I listened to it. It deserves a proper review imo. This album is some very "classic" progressive but the groove is here and the sounds are warm & enjoyable. It can be listened to as a whole, there are no fillers imo, and the result is damn professional And I bought it
-
Lots of tracks gave me wonderful trips, without drugs I mean. but... Pleiadians - Taygeta play...[05:09]...T.R.I.P I will never forget what it once did to me. Never. Never...
-
what ever happened to crop circles "tetrahedron"
mars replied to technosomy's topic in General Psytrance
Draeke, feel free to contact us, I think Jos & I have a couple of good addresses and advice for you. Else you may read this too, check my replies: http://www.psynews.org/forums/index.php?showtopic=50244 Oh and it you wanna see the Etnica dudes, maybe just go to Aurora festival, Pleiadians play there (and we'll be there too). -
I am totally in love with Hol Bauman album on Ultimae. I hadn't had such a feeling since Shpongle's second album. http://www.discogs.com/release/1250180
-
At the time goatrance.free.fr started, before psynews.org, reviewers were very dedicated, and much less people had the internet at home. Reviews were long and consistent. With time, more people came and just let a few words instead of a detailed review, sometimes even fought and started unrelated discussions. So definitely, my opinion is the review pages would be more "efficient" for a reader if only consistent reviews were left. Back in 2005 or 2006, we cleaned up a lot existing review pages with some tool I had programmed, but since, people kept on writing what they wanted. Problem is if you wanna wipe out every non-consistent review you have to define what is "consistent". Is it an overall review, a per-track review ? A review that's more than a number of words ? What if the writer doesn't really make a review but react intelligently to another review ? etc. Also removing some posts always raise concerns and complaints. This is a hard to acheive balance and Psynews, by will or necessity (lack of moderation most of the time) has always been quite relax with its members. In a summary, I agree with your point, but I see no real remedy. There was the psynews3 project I started which wouold have solved all this with the enforcement of defined rules controlled by the server itself, but I really am too short of time to continue on it for the moment. I restart once in a while, go further, stop, etc... I don't think subforums are needed. This would cause even more unneeded "noise" imo. About chat/talk/gossip, I think there are still some IRC channels up there. There are more modern tools at the moment (Twitter, etc)but dont count on me for this, no time. Why don't you study that subject yourself, summarizing tools and trends for this specific gossip/chat/talk matter and post your detailed concept and solutions here. Then we coould see how to implement that.
-
Personally I have one week of vacation, no more, and I'll go to Aurora. All the moe as Filteria is playing there. The festival is new but organizers have already made parties in Greece. They are the http://www.psytrance.gr guys. Personally I hope they will list tickets sales points and give more information asap, but as for the rest I'm kinda confident
-
It happened to me a lot between 1998 and 2001, I was studying in Paris, my friends wee in another city and people at school all hated psytrance. So I went alone, hitch hiking on the way and the return...
-
RA is back! Eight years after their first release, we are proud to present the second full album of the Norwegian duo Christer Borge-Lunde (ex Dimension 5, Electron Wave) and Lars Wedde Lind. We are proud at Suntrip to announce RA - 9th will be in the shelves in a little more than 2 weeks from now. And here are the 2 minute extracts. “9th” is a concentrate of eastern melodies, deep soundscapes and fantastic positive climaxes… Starting where “To Sirius” left off, “9th” upgrades the RA experience to an all-allegoric story, ranging from soft Ambient and downtempo Goa Trance to uplifting morning monsters ! Octagon and Expand Consciousness embody dreamlike acceleration/deceleration phases aside the Ambient maestrias of the Intro and Light Receiver. Ultima Energica, Spirit Complex and the massive Time Current are melodic stompers designed for the dancefloor, twirling layers over mind-melting rythmics ! Other Self, Transcendant and Predator are real athems to the Sun, the very definition of RA’s so special music, full of psychedelic highs and soundscape travelling. Story-telling at its best... Who wouldn’t like to start the summer in advance ? RA makes this dream come true ! Oh and...you can already preorder these jewels to our gentle order dwarf, and he'll be happy to put some brand new Suntrip stickers in the package to reward from your confidence
-
Downhill - Silent City Electrypnose - Subliminal Melancholies
-
More from the videogame/oldschool computer world Rinkadink - Marauder is from the videogame Speedball2 Logic Bomb - Extension is from the eXtension demo on Amiga by Pygmy Project
-
Does anybody knows anything about upcoming Merr0w album?
mars replied to dunkey's topic in General Psytrance
The work is in progress. He moved and has some issues to deal with by the end of the year but he's back to work as far as I know. Since we have to manage things a little bit, we agreed on a "flexible" deadline before the end of the year. But we've never pushed him into finishing an album. Like RA. Like Filteria. Merr0w is more than able to deliver an awesome tracklist anyway, so we let him work and we know that the day he says he's ready, he's ready for sure ! -
Official release date: may 16th ! Extract online at Arabesque: http://tinyurl.com/4rtdl2 Enjoy !!
-
The Validation emails problem is AT LAST FIXED !!! Thanks for your patience
-
Watch here: http://www.youtube.com/user/marsfab
