Virtuart - Virtuart & Friends - 2CD - [DATCD009]

Hello everyone,

it's with pleasure that I can finally announce the upcoming release of the Virtuart album. It has been a while since I discovered about the existence of a second part of the mythical and ridiculously limited Virtuart & Friends album.

I have been chasing the original first volume for years until I've got a copy sometimes around 2002. I came in touch with Olivier sometimes around then and we have been speaking for long about releasing his wonderful psychedelic music.

And now it's the time.... so with no further delays, let's announce this wonderful double album:

Cover.jpg

Virtuart - Virtuart & Friends [2CD]

CD1

1 Virtuart & Chronomyst - Vashisht

2 Virtuart & Franky - Wakatoom On The Road

3 Virtuart & Kshoo - Esprit Libre

4 Virtuart & Chronomyst - Sacred Drop

5 Virtuart & Nagar Bhatti - 2068

6 Virtuart & Kshoo - N2 O

7 Virtuart & Maël - Neverending Party

8 Virtuart & Manitù - Red Spirit

CD2

1 Virtuart & Chronomyst - Prospector M

2 Virtuart - Light Lifter

3 Virtuart & Chronomyst - L'Karnaj

4 Virtuart & Manitù - Indian Summer

5 Virtuart & Nagar Bhatti - Svadeshi

6 Underhead - Orejuna

7 Virtuart - La Sorcière Des Sables & L'Homme Libre (Sandoz Mix)

8 Virtuart - L'Annee Des 13 Lunes (Galactic Time Mix)

The tracklist of Virtuart & Friends 2 was changed a little because Zanchin and Madagascar have both been released, plus Olivier himself wanted to properly compile the second album (rightfully).

There are a few more unreleased tracks by Virtuart that will see the light of the day later on.

Furthermore I want to also stress out how the mixes on the first CD are the best he has done, as for each of the track, there were many takes and back when he was burning the copies of V&F and sending them around, he used different versions of them, so not all the copies out there have the same version of the tracks, but here and for the first time we gathered all the final and best versions of the tracks that were never properly pressed on a CD before.

Mastering will be courtesy of Jaro @ Analog Dimension and Artwork by the amazing Miro Moric, who re-interpreted the original art that was made by Olivier in '98.

Cheers!

• Like 4

Well thanks so much for all the nice vibes, I am positive you know at least a few of the tracks.

The release was ridiculously limited but some track can be found on Youtube, with the old mastering.

I think I should share two here:

Mind you these are the old versions, not remastered, but can give an idea of the kind of goa to expect from this release :)

To answer to technosomy, well he cooperated with other musicians for all the tracks of volume one, that is why "Virtuart & Friends" because each track was a co-production.

On the volume, most of the tracks were cooperation but a few are his solo works.

• Like 1

Don't ruin the frost by listening to the tracks. Let it stay cool until you listen.

That's what I'm doing.. after 3 minutes in on the first one it's clear I don't want to spoil a great golden goa purchase by having desert before dinner :)

I am always flattered by your kind words!! Thanks So Much :) In any case, you are right the videos here sound nothing like the real deal, but I have shared them for some who really wanted to hear something from Virtuart from this release. Oh and the Orojuna track has never been released on CD from DAT source, the version published on the other limited cdr by mk-ultra is a vinyl rip with cracks and pops...

I am always flattered by your kind words!! Thanks So Much :) In any case, you are right the videos here sound nothing like the real deal, but I have shared them for some who really wanted to hear something from Virtuart from this release. Oh and the Orojuna track has never been released on CD from DAT source, the version published on the other limited cdr by mk-ultra is a vinyl rip with cracks and pops...

Orojuna sounds like astral and transwave.

When can we buy this?

@SixZeroFou4 mastering is being finalized so the cd has not been pressed yet, hang on, i am doing my best to have it out for Xmas, but anything earlier it is now impossible, but i am pressuring so to have it out as soon as possible. Artwork is 100% finished and that's a good thing as sometimes that delays all too

• Like 1

@SixZeroFou4 mastering is being finalized so the cd has not been pressed yet, hang on, i am doing my best to have it out for Xmas, but anything earlier it is now impossible, but i am pressuring so to have it out as soon as possible. Artwork is 100% finished and that's a good thing as sometimes that delays all too

Alright@! Awesome news

Just because I hronologically break things down different I'll view it as in December and about the second or third week in the month of december.. so the end of December. Nice!!!

Thanks for the video 94to97, that's a very early project by Olivier, the tracks on the album are a bit newer and sound more powerful and psychedelic, but he was indeed making music since the early days :)

Looking forward to this one! This original CD has been impossible to chase down.

He´s such a friendly and down to earth guy with a good attitude, he had a cool project back around 2008 called Sacred Tree Portal, but those tracks weren´t ever released anywhere... If you are in touch with him, ask what happened to that material :)

Hello Taika-Tim, yes he has been making music in recent years, however he has not released much of that. I particularly like also his downtempo/ambient project. Will ask about Sacred Tree Portal :)

@Psychannel, yes it is basically just a promo cd-r he burned in around 100 copies, so no wonder, in my book that was just a promo, and the tracks were never properly released and spread around.

Now they will!