Crossing Mind - Beyond Duality (SUNCD42)

Under the Crossing Mind moniker is Stéphane Bèze, from Nice, France. He’s been producing Goatrance for 15 years. He’s also well known for wreaking havoc on the dancefloors with his peculiar ipad-based setup. His performances at Connection or Boom Festival, to name a few, have been remarked. And after frenetic live-testing and refinements, his new jewels are now released in his third album “Beyond Duality”. It will be released 4th of november! :)

Samples:

http://www.arabesquedistribution.com/index.php?option=com_artistavenue&task=singleCd&id=3706&Itemid=99999999

Tracklist:
01 - Cyclotron

02 - The Foolish Mind
03 - No Hazardous Materials Signs
04 - Hypnotropic
05 - Alpha Centauri
06 - No Event Horizon
07 - PsyKo-Mind-Porteur
08 - Life Forms

Crossing Mind manages to marry frenzy melodies with heart-warming feelings. And he sends you well beyond that duality up to new levels of psychedelia. Enjoy!

suncd42.jpg

• Like 2

Ooo, I LOVE the cover - so different for a Suntrip release, with some very gentle influences from Pleiadians' I.F.O. :wub:

Are the samples available anywhere else? Can't use Arabesque's player at work :(

Not yet, we were surprised it was already on their site... just finishing the promo of Ra now, next weeks we will put the samples on our site and soundcloud of course :)

As for the cover, hand painted material, I will add the fb of the makers here soon :)

Sounds good!

If I remember correctly this was supposed to be a double CD, with a downtempo side. Or is it going to be released separately? Anoebis, can you shed some light?

At first this was the plan indeed but it was dropped because of several reasons, mainly he is focussing now on his uptempo music and he puts all the energy into this now :)

• Like 1

I must admit, I'm cautiously excited about this. "Cautiously" because I wasn't that impressed with the recent live release, and as much as I adore his very original sound, his tracks do have a tendency to sound quite same-ish. Here's to hoping he's not turning into a one trick pony :)

That cover art though. The most beautiful cover I've seen in years <3

Awesome cover and lovely album coming, I am so happy about this! Btw, you may want to check how many years he has been producing from, I think he started in 1998 ;)

@ Paul Eye - The live set was just a set of over 2 years ago, around the period of his other album on Suntrip... So its not much linked to the material on this album. As for "same sounding". It is always a very thin line between a sound autograph and being original... you will hear immediately it is him of course, but this album is a little more "melodic" as the one before...

@ Inada - thanks

@ all the others... yes, the cover, I love it too :) Good to see some artists chose hand made artwork on releases :)

@ Federico - you are right, 1998, I still remember downloading his 5-6 albums from the back then free mp3.com site :) hehe :)

Prettiest cover ever <3 this will likely become release of the year for me.

I take it the hypnotropic track is a rework? It was one of my favourite tracks on the holographic paradigm ^^

Prettiest cover ever <3 this will likely become release of the year for me.

I take it the hypnotropic track is a rework? It was one of my favourite tracks on the holographic paradigm ^^

Yes, its a smashing rework of the original... :) (which is 18 years old now) 

It's always cool to see some eye-catching paintings becoming a CD artwork, something that should be done more often (we did one with Lectro Spektral Daze). This one looks very abstract and IFOish, it fits very well with Crossing Mind's music and it's nice to see it brings back some of the colors from his previous albums. I'm not the biggest fan of Crossing Mind, but I got the feeling that he will deliver another remarkable album.

• 2 weeks later...

Sounds really.. different? How would one describe it. I don't get the cosmic feeling but I get the 90s-esque experiementalism.

This convinced me not to listen to the samples and just be surprised when it finally arrives in my mailbox :D

Getting kinda giddy about this release.

Amazing. Stéphane's music actually... improved?

He has taken it to the next level, a bit like a Pokémon that evolved. I am very impressed !

Yes, he did change some stuff for this album... he added more "atmospheric" melodies as he called it instead of just the phrenetic typical CM spirals :) He felt there was place for more emotions in his music... This will give it a retro feeling here and there as soom melodies indeed nintendo like, but on top of that you get the usual spiral madness of course :)

• Like 1