Crossing Mind - Beyond Duality (SUNCD42)

I gave it about 20 listenings the last days and to sum it up:

This is the best Goa Trance album ever.

Great atmosphere,hundreds of melodies and a stunning production,with this Album,Stephane has surpassed himself.

But like IFO,you can`t listen to the whole Album at once,sometimes it is a little bit too much...and I am missing some midtempo songs like Optronic Circles.

Some of the melodies might sound random at first glance, but there's some undeniable freshness in his composition technique. He's developed as an artist that's for sure. While I can't say an opinion about the album so soon, it's definitely something that deserves closer inspection.

After giving it some more time I've found it works better - for me - when listening on speakers and not headphones, because then I tend to notice less all those small things that bother me and because I'm usually concentrated on something else (like e.g. driving the car). But even then, I still cringe at some of the "bigger" melodies, progressions or sounds, even though there are breathtaking moments there as well... It's just that those feelings of happiness, carelessness and naivety are not something I appreciate in psychedelic goa trance. Especially because they emerge out of nowhere - as said above the tracks usually start and end great, but fall apart in the middle. 

A full 5/5 for "Cyclotron" that is damn near perfect!

A weak 3/5 for the album as a whole. Sorry...