Neogoa banned by Facebook

Richpa

Wow, that sucks. One thing though:

First I thought about the idea that someone reported us, but after few minutes of thinking about that scenario, I figured out that there is nobody in this world fucked up enough who would hurt a community page dedicated in promotion of Goa trance music and artists.

Are you sure? I'm not going to name names, but we all know there are some proper fucknuts in the psy scene.

• Like 1

Wow, that sucks. One thing though:

Are you sure? I'm not going to name names, but we all know there are some proper fucknuts in the psy scene.

No need for secrecy here. Recently, Filipe and his GF spammed the page with some images and posts (mostly burned Filteria Sky Input CD's entitled 'Fire Input LOL'), but nothing that would hurt a complete page. I gave him a lot of credits and even support when no-one actually cared before, but after he acted like a total twat towards the serious health condition that Mars had, the promotion of his work and his name under his multiple side-projects was stopped and the official Neogoa statement about that was posted. Music is music, but being a total twat isn't something that anybody who stands behind the Goa-curtains should support. No matter the fact, I don't think he's capable of 'hacking' a complete page. Even if he might made a report, probably Facebook doesn't delete pages based on a single report.

I was a bit confused by that story. What's the boiled-down version? The page disappeared and Facebook didn't say why?

Sorry, my english isn't well when I type fast and post the urgent updates. Facebook obviously got problems with the fact that a single page promotes multiple labels/products at one place, even tho they don't bother when a single facebook group does the same thing. I don't have any contract or deal with the label owners, they're cool dudes, they like Goa trance and they post an exclusive updates/annoucements on Neogoa facebook page, at least they did and with the reach of 400-500 people per post on daily basis, and without obtaining an extra Facebook promotion it seems that Facebook now got problems with multiple content creators or, as they say, advertaising their products on a single page. The truth? How can I charge (let's say Nova Fractal (Timewarp) or Anoebis (Suntrip) for posting their stuff on Neogoa facebook page?) If they want extra promotion they will probably purchase an extra reach or 'promote' their posts feature on Facebook pages that they already got, but, Facebook, doesn't accept obviously the posts/links linked to their webpages, beatport, psyshop anymore.

Fuckwits...

I submitted a report via the link you gave.

I don't understand how allowing others to post/promote on your page is breaking any rules?

Thanks Oz. Well it doesn't affect on silly goa playlist youtube groups. But when it comes to serious facebook page which is dedicated in promotion of this culture (for non-profit), it does break the rules. Silly, sad and dissappointing.

By the way I never read the post you made about filipe, where can I see this?

You can't, it was posted on Neogoa facebook page.

don't think you will be the only one, stay alert with facebook people.

Well it's a sad fact, but many artists and labels are using Facebook for the promotion because it's now the best way to reach people. Even Neogoa got (and use on daily basis) Twitter and Google+, the reach and interaction/feedback from the people/fans can't be matched with Facebook.

Weird. I don't use Facebook anymore so I don't really know what goes on there, but it seems odd that they would put much attention on a page that reached so few people.

If you search Google, you will find that similar problem happened to much bigger pages with stronger community base. Probably I won't get any response from Facebook either, and I will have to continue to work without Facebook page anymore.

So if I understand this right, if I on my page of let's say dat records (facebook page) would post something promoting another label and or a website where they sell music (psyshop for instance) I may have my page closed? Is this how it went? I read quickly and this is what I understood but it would be really strange if that's the case...

Sorry for what happened in any case Richpa :/.

The best course of action, in my opinion is to recreate the neo goa page and probably stick to promoting the website or something similar.

I remember when Facebook closed the profile page of Max Lanfranconi because they thought he was impersonating a celebrity (himself) and after he submitted his passport scan they still did not believe him and never restored his page, so he decided to make a new profile and just call it Max Etnica. Imagine the morons they are at Facebook...

• Like 1

What the hell? I thought that is your page and you can do whatever the fuck you want with it. Since when facebook has this kind of rules? And what's the point? Why facebook cares if someone promotes other stuff too?

Did you contant facebook?

I remember when Facebook closed the profile page of Max Lanfranconi because they thought he was impersonating a celebrity (himself) and after he submitted his passport scan they still did not believe him and never restored his page, so he decided to make a new profile and just call it Max Etnica. Imagine the morons they are at Facebook...

:lol:

So if I understand this right, if I on my page of let's say dat records (facebook page) would post something promoting another label and or a website where they sell music (psyshop for instance) I may have my page closed? Is this how it went? I read quickly and this is what I understood but it would be really strange if that's the case...

Sorry for what happened in any case Richpa :/.

The best course of action, in my opinion is to recreate the neo goa page and probably stick to promoting the website or something similar.

I don't know the reason, no warning or any notice has been given to me on the Facebook or to my email adress which can be seen on my profile and on the page. My idea is that they don't like the situation where couple of content creators post updates/posts which got direct connection with their own pages made for record labels. Instead of me doing alone the whole thing - promoting the artists and music, in this case, label owners who are content creators are also posting the news/updates from the first hand and people get information sooner.

Unlike the many goa trance dedicated groups on Facebook, we never shared illegal material such as images, music or DJ mixes. Only free music that has been posted was legal music given for free download by artists or labels himself. Mixes and YouTube clips were also shared but all that stuff is hosted on Soundcloud and if it does violate copyright, it would be removed from Soundcloud/YouTube. I tried to find the reason why this happened, and you can check it here aswell: >>> https://www.facebook.com/page_guidelines.php

I still don't think that someone reported the page. But if he did, I think Facebook would send some notification or warning or something to inform that a person or more persons are having a issue with the page, and let's be honest here - Neogoa never had any complaints from the people, only positive feedback has been given for all the hard work and effort to cover as much as possible informations and serve them to people.

Anyway I made personal Neogoa Netlabel facebook profile and I will try to continue to post all the news and updates from various Goa trance artists and labels, and if someone wants to stay in touch, he can send a request or just follow that account, or keep an eye on Neogoa blog page and Twitter .

Did you contant facebook?

Yes, i submitted a problem report and a query regarding the 'missing page'.

Local news are reporting that several popular pages have been removed yesterday in a wider operation against breaches of terms. Typical cases seem to concern advertisement. (Well duh, they make their revenue selling ads so any perceived attempts of circumventing the system definitely are a major PITA to them.) I assume FB's terms of service are so convoluted that they can find a justification for removing anything they want if needed. Still, a shitty way to handle it if no prior notification was given nor any questions asked. Sod them and their law.

Damn that sucks :(

And sorry if this seems like a stupid question but what actually am I supposed to write in the report you linked on your tumblr page, here? Just that I searched for a page called Neogoa and I can't seem to find it? Anything else?

:DDDDDDDD

Just that I searched for a page called Neogoa and I can't seem to find it?

That should be enough. Hopefully they will react and send some kind of response and the reason for deletion, if more than 1 person reacts and report the problem.

Thanks, by the way.

Yes after reading the "rules" it appears that they can, and will, delete without any notice if they feel you are not complaining with the rules.

It's very unlikely they would reinstate a page unless there is really a huge movement but tbh I'd advise you create another page, identical to the one you had but only with one content creator and sharing ONLY what is released on neogoa, so to be complaining with the rules.

What I do to promote other releases is I post them on *my* facebook profile and in fact I don't like others advertising on dat page, so that I always remove.

It makes sense that on a label page there are only the releases of that label but I understand the frustration and the way they mistreated you, that is really harsh and senseless.

I think in any case that there is a lot of love for your label and the work you do, so carry on, and get the music out :)

Richpa, FB owes you an answer, so you have to insist. Play it straight: "ok something was maybe wrong, but i dont know what, so if you want me to avoid doing the same mistake again, please tell me exactly what content was wrong".

Facebook doesn't really owe him anything. They hold all of the cards.

That said, I agree with what Draeke suggested.

Also, I keep misreading this thread as "Neogoa banged by Facebook" and it makes me laugh.