Best album in history?

Tetrasect

What's your favorite album in psytrance history, EXcluding nostalgic stuff that you couldn't really play at a party nowadays...(ie Pleiadians - I.F.O.)?

My vote goes to Headroom - Artelligent. If ever I'm in doubt I can rely on that album to twist my mind and body in the right direction, and every time I listen to it, it just re-enforces that notion. Pure awesome. xP

Let's see best albums so far for me of post 2k: must have been (can't choose just one)

Progressive Trance/House : Jaia - Fiction

Full On/Goa: Talpa - The Art OF Being Non

Full On/Psy/Prog: Ovnimoon - Geometric Poetry

Full On Compils: VA - TPE - Trance Psychedelic Exp Vol. 4

Hmm it's hard to choose between:

- Ovnimoon - Geometric Poetry (Prog)

- Logic Bomb - Unlimited (Psy)

- Chromosome - DMT Cowboys (Melodic Full)

- Nerso - Explorations of Infinity (Prog)

- Vibrasphere - Archipellago (Prog)

- Xerox & Illumination - XI (FullOn)

What's your favorite album in psytrance history, EXcluding nostalgic stuff that you couldn't really play at a party nowadays...(ie Pleiadians - I.F.O.)?

I don't understand the question.

If an album is very good and belongs to psytrance history, isn't it almost guaranteed to have high nostalgy value?

And why one couldn't play IFO at a party? OK, we already have about a trillion mixtapes with Alcyone so it's not that original a pick, but I didn't know that the whole album has become unplayable.

Are we supposed to nominate the least bad album of the bunch which hasn't become widely praised, and call it the best? Or the best album in the last two years, and call it the best in psytrance history? Please explain.

I'm also not sure how to answer this question.

So it has to be the greatest album in history, that I am not nostalgic for and that I can play at a party nowadays?

So it has to be a I think is technically good but don't really like or something I discovered recently and haven't had time for it to make me feel nostalgic?

If it's the latter I'd go for the Principle Of Flight albums. Both really good :D

As for the best album in history to whip out at a party...The Green Nuns Of The Revolution - Rock Bitch Mafia :wub: it always goes down a storm :)

I think he meant the best in the history of recent full on psytrance meaning 2001-2011 It may be just that he wants some suggestions like i asked for music that he will dj at a psytrance party which is not a retrodelic party. If you spin at a full on party you really cannot play any tracks 1994-2000 as they sound too dated. If it's a retro party then is another story :)

EDIT: also if he left open the years we would have an endless list of people praising the same usual suspects, being Simon P, Etnica, Infected Mushroom, Astral Projection, Green Nuns, CHI-AD, Prana, MWNN, etc... so maybe s good to have a list of what people think to be the best albums of the post true goa era

My Top 10 Retro Albums: (Classics)

01. Asia 2001 - Live - 1996 - Trans'pact Rec.

02. Astral Projection - The Astral Files - 1996 - Trust in Trance Rec.

03. Pleiadians - I.F.O - 1997 - Dragonfly Rec.

04. X-Dream - Radio - 1998 - Blue Room Released.

05. Green Nuns Of The Revolution - Rock Bitch Mafia - 1997 - Flying Rhino Rec.

06. Cosmosis - Cosmology - 1996 - Transient Rec.

07. Man With No Name - Teleportation - 2000 - Dragonfly Rec.

08. S.U.N. Project - Drosophila - 1997 - Spirit Zone Rec.

09. Chakra & Edi Mis - The Promised Land - 1996 - Krembo Rec.

10. Prana - Cyclone - 1996 - Matsuri Rec.

We Trust in Trance :)

also if he left open the years we would have an endless list of people praising the same usual suspects, being Simon P, Etnica, Infected Mushroom, Astral Projection, Green Nuns, CHI-AD, Prana, MWNN, etc... so maybe s good to have a list of what people think to be the best albums of the post true goa era

Yup :)

My Top 10 Retro Albums: (Classics)

01. Asia 2001 - Live - 1996 - Trans'pact Rec.

02. Astral Projection - The Astral Files - 1996 - Trust in Trance Rec.

03. Pleiadians - I.F.O - 1997 - Dragonfly Rec.

04. X-Dream - Radio - 1998 - Blue Room Released.

05. Green Nuns Of The Revolution - Rock Bitch Mafia - 1997 - Flying Rhino Rec.

06. Cosmosis - Cosmology - 1996 - Transient Rec.

07. Man With No Name - Teleportation - 2000 - Dragonfly Rec.

08. S.U.N. Project - Drosophila - 1997 - Spirit Zone Rec.

09. Chakra & Edi Mis - The Promised Land - 1996 - Krembo Rec.

10. Prana - Cyclone - 1996 - Matsuri Rec.

We Trust in Trance :)

:( (but the albums itself are good, naturally :P)

EXcluding nostalgic stuff that you couldn't really play at a party nowadays...(ie Pleiadians - I.F.O.)?

I couldn't play any psytrance at a party here because people don't like it, so that seems like a strange qualifier.

If we are just picking newish albums then probably:

Igor Swamp - Metsä Vastaa, Kuuleeko Suomi

Terrafractyl - Chrysalis

Tamlin - Spectrogram

Artifakt - The Magus

Kino Oko - Colours Hate Themselves (not sure if this is even considered psy)

As soon as Sky Technology comes out with a full (trance) album I'm sure that'll be up there too. :)

I couldn't play any psytrance at a party here because people don't like it, so that seems like a strange qualifier.

Maybe you're just going to the wrong parties? :P

OT: Artifact303 - Back to Space is one of the best modern albums IMO! Vibrasphere's archipelago is very nice too, considering the progressive spectrum. Haven't heard too much full-on though... Considering Dark it would have to be Waves from outer space from Kindzadza, or Debut from Psykovsky...

Renegade from Crazy Astronaut is awesome too! And considering Forest I'd have to go with derango's Tumult.

I think he meant the best in the history of recent full on psytrance meaning 2001-2011 It may be just that he wants some suggestions like i asked for music that he will dj at a psytrance party which is not a retrodelic party. If you spin at a full on party you really cannot play any tracks 1994-2000 as they sound too dated. If it's a retro party then is another story :)

EDIT: also if he left open the years we would have an endless list of people praising the same usual suspects, being Simon P, Etnica, Infected Mushroom, Astral Projection, Green Nuns, CHI-AD, Prana, MWNN, etc... so maybe s good to have a list of what people think to be the best albums of the post true goa era

Then I'll stand by my vote for PoF :wub:

Full on: Domestic - Art making machine // Commercial hippies - If you can't stand the heat ... //

Psy: Prometheus' first 2 albums // PoF - Nighttime lullebies // Logic Bomb - Unlimited + Sonic algebra //

Goa: Antares - Exodus (?) (still in exploration phase but ... :-D ) // Talpa - The art of being non //

Progg: Jaïa - Fiction // AKD - Progressing... //

probably incorrect but for the moment it will do ....

Yo. First time posting here. I've been listening to Psychedelic Trance since the mid 90's - The first time i was exposed was when i happened across this little club in Brixton called "The Fridge" (!!) and they had this night called "Return To The Source" (!!!). Well after witnessing what i can only call MAGIC (both visual and aural), i was hooked and have since amassed a respectable collection of mind expanding tunage.

Some off the top of my head - I don't know if i'd say that these are the best albums in history, but the quality and variety they offer mean i can go to them whenever and have a shit-kicking good time!!

VA - Otherworld

VA - Airborn (Flying Rhino)

Total Eclipse - Violent Relaxation

Prana - Geomantik

Shakta - Enlightened Ape

Younger Brother - A Flock Of Beeps

Prometheus - Corridor Of Mirrors

Perfect Stranger - Changed

OOOD - Fourthought

Solar Fields - Movements

Shpongle - Ineffable Mysteries from..

Hallucinogen - Twisted

Halllucinogen - The Lone Deranger

The Infinity Project - Feeling Weird

Astral projection - Dancing Galaxy

Astral Projection - In the mix

Va - Trust in Trance 3

Va - Trust in trance - The next millenium

Zodiac Youth - Devil's Circus

Electric Universe - Stardiver

MFG - The Prophecy

MFG - New Kind of World

Doof - Let's Turn on

That are the best authentic Goa Albums IMO but there are a lot more ofcourse.

...radi...?

You still up and around mate? :ph34r:

For me, a proper, full blown modern classic is:

Kiriyama- Reach Escape Velocity (2010) (Devils Mind Records)

The album is quality through and through, beyond belief.

Another release that pops up in my head is:

Gus Till- Best Of The Rhino Years Vol. 2 (2007) (Sonic Dragon Records)

Dense, groovy progressive cuts for the later hours of the night courtesy of one of the style's purveyors.