In search for the most psychedelic track ever...

Djuna

I know it's kind of a silly quest, but if you had to chose ONE track (try not to make a list!) that is the most challenging you have ever heard, what would it be? And I'm not asking for the greatest melody or whatever (could be melodic of course), just something that could literally be almost an overdose if it could be eaten.. Full-on-blasting-trance-which-is-psychedelic! Can be 120 BPM, or 160, melodic or not, you name it.. But of course it has to have something (almost) no other track has.

I'd say, at this moment: Reflecta - Creatures. I don't play it that much, because I tend to not listen to tracks I really know well, but when applied = maximum dammage.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u-6Ga1CLsMY

Shoot!

Am not sure, challenging melodie, most psychedelic and also tripped out?

donno .. maybe a Koxbox track from Dragon Tales? ..

So many people talk about Hux Flux, annoys me I still haven't really heard their work proppa'

buuut, I would like to mention that the bassline of

(also it' melodie) totally drags me in and out of this dimension.

It's hyper tripped out, I can feel my face bending. Cunt Roll :b hehh

Good question, hard answer.

It depends on the mood you're in I guess. There are plenty of tracks that take me up there, lots of them I heard at party's I don't even know.

But seriously (besides the usual Koxbox or Hallucinogen tracks) AP's Solid Electronics, not because of psyched out leads, but for it's effectiveness on the dancefloor. A real groove monster.

Zirrex has some really fucked up psychedelic tracks, I'd go for Mars-4(edit: or self-titled track Zirrex). Production is not that good but his tracks impose progression. Spacetravel in the finest goa tradition.

Though Pleiadians' Electra is easily one of the best psychedelic tracks out there - and at first I wanted to name that one, too - it's the word "challenging", that let's me refrain from naming "Electra" as the track that would match the OP. "Electra" is a work of genius, but it's not challenging imo.

If it comes down to challenging psychedelic masterpieces, there can only be one track imo...it's far superior to anything else I ever heard in that respective niche.

Psykovsky vs. Deja Vu Project - Only Love (We Will Take)

http-~~-//www.youtube.com/watch?v=0AVVhyLsstc

Bear in mind, that the video shows only half of the track, as the complete version is over 20 minutes long. Yet not a single second feels like wasted time. It's the sheer brilliance of the composition that lets the listener, who wants to challenge this track, embark on a journey through different soundscapes, places in your mind, like no other track does. Yes, it is challenging, but if you're in the mood to listen to it thoroughly, it's so rewarding that no other track comes even close to it. Make sure to listen to the full version, turn up the volume or use headphones (even better), tune in and have a nice trip.

Though Pleiadians' Electra is easily one of the best psychedelic tracks out there - and at first I wanted to name that one, too - it's the word "challenging", that let's me refrain from naming "Electra" as the track that would match the OP. "Electra" is a work of genius, but it's not challenging imo.

*kind of agrees*

Bear in mind, that the video shows only half of the track, as the complete version is over 20 minutes long. Yet not a single second feels like wasted time. It's the sheer brilliance of the composition that lets the listener, who wants to challenge this track, embark on a journey through different soundscapes, places in your mind, like no other track does. Yes, it is challenging, but if you're in the mood to listen to it thoroughly, it's so rewarding that no other track comes even close to it. Make sure to listen to the full version, turn up the volume or use headphones (even better), tune in and have a nice trip.

A darkpsy track of 20 minutes? Interesting...

Really? It's good goa trance, but to call it challenging... That kind of melodic stuff isn't really that different from others imo.

Ah the good ol' 'what is psychedelic'-discussion ;)

"The term psychedelic is derived from the Greek words ψυχή (psyche, "soul") and δηλοῦν (deloun, "to manifest"), translating to "mind-manifesting". A psychedelic experience is characterized by the perception of aspects of one's mind previously unknown, or by the creative exuberance of the mind liberated from its ostensibly ordinary fetters. Psychedelic states are an array of experiences elicited by various techniques, including sensory stimulation, sensory deprivation as well as by psychedelic substances. Such experiences include hallucinations, changes of perception, synesthesia, altered states of awareness, mystical states, and occasionally states resembling psychosis."

So in my opinion, this is very personal and has a lot to do with taste.. I find deep entrancing music, like ethereal, music that makes you drift away, more psychedelic then music with lots of crazy squelchy sounds n stuff... Things that most people would find psychedelic..

That ,,thin" take-off when it all comes together at Only Love = :wub:

PS. When I got this album (Kill Fucking Bill) I was hooked (again) on SSX3. The main mountain which takes about 20 minutes to ride was a favorite to play while spinning this track:)

.. I find deep entrancing music, like ethereal, music that makes you drift away, more psychedelic then music with lots of crazy squelchy sounds n stuff... Things that most people would find psychedelic..

There is a thin line between trippy and psychedelic. Most psychedelic stuff is trippy in a sense, but not all trippy stuff is psychedelic in basic.

I love trippy stuff.

So in my opinion, this is very personal and has a lot to do with taste.. I find deep entrancing music, like ethereal, music that makes you drift away, more psychedelic then music with lots of crazy squelchy sounds n stuff... Things that most people would find psychedelic..

Of course you can't really discuss personal taste, but like I said, Ethereal doesn't bring something that different. But I'm not saying that it's bad, not at all! I like their music. But you can't say that there are dozens of other groups that sound like Reflecta, for example - imho. ^^ Just don't focus too much on the word 'psychedelic'!

I've read some interesting stuff here, like that Hux Flux track and Psykovsky.. keep 'em coming! :)

• 2 weeks later...

For me the most psychedelic track is convergent image by psylent buddhi

That is the only song ever I had to stop listening to because it got too intense.... :ph34r:

Its a song I only listen to when I am "prepared" :P:p

Creatures from reflecta is also in the top-psychedelic tracks for me

maybe another kind of psychedelic... but good space ambient get's me in a different state of mind more easely then most goa and the effects last longer too... :D