Guess what I just saw on TV

Rotwang

We've lost the name lads!

What is referred to as psy-trance is no longer even close to what we remembered.

The music is still there we just need a new name for it!

How about Sai-Trance :lol:

Also Sai in Japanese means Rhino ;)

oh no,

this is sad. Psytrance is mine, it defines my coolness.

Now that ministry is on psy and adverts on TV, my coolness dropped again to the level of regular minions.

Time to get me something new...

We've lost the name lads!

What is referred to as psy-trance is no longer even close to what we remembered.

The music is still there we just need a new name for it!

How about Sai-Trance :lol:

Also Sai in Japanese means Rhino ;)

HA! I suggested that name change YEARS ago! Nobody did listen to me! And none of you will do it now either or will ya?

<_<

Anyways, I kinda saw that John 00 Fleming CD coming since they invited him to play here to a psytrance gathering. That also was years ago. But as I saw the name John 00 Fleming on the flyer, which for me rather belongs to trance than to psy-trance, I knew it was somewhat going down. That was one of the venues I didn't go to...

I'm not unhappy that after that gig another organizer took up the parties at that location ... one who brought "real" psy back again :)

Thing is, if you go to Flemmi's myspace, the music he presents there is not even SOO bad. But it's just sounds like somewhat better trance to me and not psy...

(except what they did to Muse on the last piece ... brrr, awful to hear that...)

John 00 picks out some very good tracks for his mixes. I can't even fault him for including the odd punter-pleasing vocal blow-out. Considering the market for this, it's a rather tight track listing. Do you see any Skazi on that track list? No, you see Kiwa and Highpersonic Whomen and Nyquist, for starters. Frankly if this draws a little more attention to these artists, then... great! I don't see what the problem is.

John 00 picks out some very good tracks for his mixes. I can't even fault him for including the odd punter-pleasing vocal blow-out. Considering the market for this, it's a rather tight track listing. Do you see any Skazi on that track list? No, you see Kiwa and Highpersonic Whomen and Nyquist, for starters. Frankly if this draws a little more attention to these artists, then... great! I don't see what the problem is.

+604

+1

Didn't Oakenfold have a psy or goa mix back in the day?

+1

Yes he did, it was broadcast on BBC Radio 1 back in about 1994 I think. It was at least partly responsible for giving the scene its initial kick-off.

+1

Indeed, and he did compile one of the discs in the first "Voyage into trance" which is very good... I have also heard some interesting remixes from John OO, so... Well - I don't really have anything to say... :)

-A