2. The Queen Of All Everything

3. Rogue Bagel

4. Daisies And Rubies

5. Signals From Bob

6. 382 Seaside

7. Rolfcopter

8. A Shower Of Sparks

Info:

After 5 years of hiding in the west-country since his last album, musical oddity Ott gives Twisted Records his second solo offering under the name ‘Skylon’. In the last 5 years, the improvements in software and hardware have given maestro’s like Ott even more scope to toy with and more quality in the results. A fresh bag of tricks you might say! You can expect unique modern electro-acoustic dubs with generous spatterings of indigenous sounds from around the world ladled into the mix. But that’s not all, there are a few tracks straying beautifully into different genres whilst maintaining the laid back but up beat dub vibe that we know and love. Add that to the usual mind-blowing production, arrangement, song writing skills and jaw-dropping effects combos and you’ve got a sonic feast emanating from your speakers. His use of melody is perfectly balanced between too much and too little, creating a saturated but not overwhelming wall of emotive sound. We’ve said it before and we’ll say it again, the man is a genius.

Ott is no stranger to the studio, he has produced, arranged and recorded for world famous artists including Sinead O'Connor, The Orb, and Brian Eno. Working in a wide range of the best studios in the UK from Butterfly Studios, SARM East and West, Real World, and Ridge Farm to Foel in Wales. He has been interviewed in the producers/engineers bible Sound on Sound for his studio wits and wisdoms. Highly regarded by music moguls such as Greg Hunter, Simon Posford, Martin ‘Youth’ Glover and many more, this second album from him will merely reinforce his status as a leader in art of modern music.

His debut album Blumenkraft was a huge success and spawned a massive following amongst listeners and producers alike. Skylon will undoubtedly gather more fans worldwide

Artwork and Design by Matei Apostolescu

Link:

http://www.twisted.co.uk

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I like the artwork. It's sleek and witty. The music (judging by the samples) also sounds nice, but I'm afraid it is just more of the same, e.g. nothing we didn't hear earlier on 'Blumenkraft' or 'In Dub'. Still, should be enjoyable :)

Lets hope this gets out on date first!

One of the albums that I ve been waiting for eagerly is this one,

The artwork is ok I guess

I got the track "Rogue Bagel" and it has a very good production, everything ott going on but a bit too blumenkraft for me (I love blumenkraft dont get me wrong here)

This guy is one hell of a talented songwriter and studio whiz, so i expect him to challenge me musically, both soundwise and genrewise, he can go beyond many, and may have gone hopefully, let hear on 19th of november...

I like the artwork. It's sleek and witty. The music (judging by the samples) also sounds nice, but I'm afraid it is just more of the same, e.g. nothing we didn't hear earlier on 'Blumenkraft' of 'In Dub'. Still, should be enjoyable :)

Pretty much what I was thinking.

I like the artwork. It's sleek and witty. The music (judging by the samples) also sounds nice, but I'm afraid it is just more of the same, e.g. nothing we didn't hear earlier on 'Blumenkraft' or 'In Dub'. Still, should be enjoyable :)

Also pretty much my thoughts. :)

Aren't we just the happiest bunch...

Guest The Journey Man Project

sounds identical to the first one... about as thrilling as the idea of eating the shit out of tubgirls arse...

yet again the psy scene proves how generic modern software has made it... an album for pretentious "psy" lovers...

The "3. Rogue Bagel" tracks is already released if didn't mispelled his latest release @ Twisted DVD. It's absolutely excelent tune. Subtle, gentle, very melodious with superb vocals.

I'f it is the album path, i'll be surely getting this record :)

Superb vocals? I disagree. It sounds exectly like the vocals from his old album that he has taken from the same sample CD thousands other artists got. I think he should stop using vocals if he can't come up with new ones.

Kaya Project, now there is GOOD and UNIQUE vocals.

sounds identical to the first one... about as thrilling as the idea of eating the shit out of tubgirls arse...

yet again the psy scene proves how generic modern software has made it... an album for pretentious "psy" lovers...

:wank:

die :ph34r:

Superb vocals? I disagree. It sounds exectly like the vocals from his old album that he has taken from the same sample CD thousands other artists got. I think he should stop using vocals if he can't come up with new ones.

agree 100%...i hate the vocals...you can listen the same indian woman in entheogenic,shpongle,bluetech,ott and and in the last track of the new asura album...( and many others i guess)...

i wonder if the artists even know the meaning of the sample...or maybe the translation is something like

i love you so much

above the sea

nature is the only

never lasts much...

it's sad how psy chill is even becoming so generic now-adays... gues thats what happens when it is limited to like maybe 4 major labels... backroom beats compilations had some awesome works on them but never really went anywhere... I lost interest in Twisted around the year 2000... I hate to say this but since about may this year, not one cd has come out in the entire scene that is really woth paying for... sd sad sad state of affairs...

it's sad how psy chill is even becoming so generic now-adays... gues thats what happens when it is limited to like maybe 4 major labels... backroom beats compilations had some awesome works on them but never really went anywhere... I lost interest in Twisted around the year 2000... I hate to say this but since about may this year, not one cd has come out in the entire scene that is really woth paying for... sd sad sad state of affairs...

I don't know dude, but I'm get a little bit annoyed with your attitude the last few posts. It's ok to feel disappointed about certain things, but sometimes you overdo it. Just imho, tone it down a little bit. You do the same in the For Sale threads - bitching about other people's opinions. Take it cheesy man!

I don't know dude, but I'm get a little bit annoyed with your attitude the last few posts. It's ok to feel disappointed about certain things, but sometimes you overdo it. Just imho, tone it down a little bit. You do the same in the For Sale threads - bitching about other people's opinions. Take it cheesy man!

oh... sorry.. I hurt your teeny weeny soft forum time with an attitude that you don't like... awww come here... and... *PUNCH*

Get a life and grow up. Realise the world does not give a fuck about you at all and neither do I. I'll say what I want and when I want and until I'm banned completely for it, I'll keep doing it.

So go cry pansy!

Edited by The Journey Man Project

oh... sorry.. I hurt your teeny weeny soft forum time with an attitude that you don't like... awww come here... and... *PUNCH*

Get a life and grow up. Realise the world does not give a fuck about you at all and neither do I. I'll say what I want and when I want and until I'm banned completely for it, I'll keep doing it.

So go cry pansy!

Ninja edit :ph34r:

You would have cried suckre :wank: