Your most wanted albums

Jon Cocco

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm with Tatsu... Black Rhino would be nice. I remember buying White Rhino, wishing to be able to afford them both. I held it in my hands, but I was flat broke way back when...

-A

Hehehe

I bought Black Rhino back when it was first released but missed out on white rhino. Looked for it for ages then ended up buying it for $5 on ebay. Was well happy that day ;)

I have actually a quite - well, very - big list of "most wanted albums"...

you know why?

Because I refuse to pay more than 5 Euros for music! Well, okay, for really good pieces I go up to 10 Euros. But that's upper limit!

An excerpt of the list:

S-Range - Space

Etnoscope - Drums From The Dawn Of Time

Dimension 5 - Transdimensional / Second Phaze

Ra - To Sirius

Eat Static - Abduction

Beat Bizarre - Lewd / Pandoras Groove Box

Magnetrixx - Trittschall / Phase Shift

Koxbox - (all of them)

Banco De Gaia - Last Train To Lhasa

Aes Dana - Season 5

Makyo - Yakshini

I noticed alot of the names you guys mentioned are on my Best of Destination GOA CD.

So I want anything old + goa!

Do any other labels like Suntrip (Filteria) have similar styles compared to the old stuff?

Was Psygone a big name back then?

Was Psygone a big name back then?

It depends on what you consider "big", I think. Psygone was marketed fairly well - although in a stupid way by a stupid company (Cleopatra/Hypnotic) - so there were Psygone albums to be found in the larger chain stores, and his tracks could be found on lots of fairly repetetive compilations. But still, I don't think the name was nearly as big as many of the other names we know from the time. So if you mean big as in popular, I'd approximate his bigness somewhere around the 50th to 60th percentile.

This one is EXTREMLY HARD TO FIND! I have collected goa trance cds since 1995, and still haven't seen it anywhere:

Posted Image

Moog - Euromotors CDS (Step 2 House 1994)

This was an early project by Spectral... The track is amazing!

http://www.discogs.com/release/267846

Can anyone help me????? :o

The track is amazing indeed... I heard it for the first time in Distance To Goa 1 compilation, didn't know it was released seperately.

I'm tired of seeing so many albums NOT available on world-known sources like Psyshop, Saikosounds, Amazon, Amazon.co.uk, and rarely popping up and for a reasonable price Ebay. Don't saiko and psyshop know there are people across the world who want so many unavailable albums?!

I'm not sure that your criticism of the webshops is fair. In my experience when a CD stays out of stock at those shops for any length of time it's because it's out of print. Have you tried contacting the distribution companies to ask about the albums you're after? I recently contacted Wirikuta to ask about an out of stock album and their reply was extremely prompt and helpful.

Personally, I'd like to see more psy labels put their stuff on iTunes or similar; that way when an album goes out of print and they don't think there's enough demand to do another pressing one could at least buy the music in some form.

I usually like vinyls a lot, and around 3/4 of my Etnica/Pleiadians/Crop Circles collection is on ancient vinyl, but I don't think I could ever settle for a vinyl copy of The Juggeling Alchemists Under The Black Light... And why one may ask? Because the vinyl version does not contain my all time favorite Etnica track, Mystical Appearance in Goa!

So, to have the vinyl version of that undeniable gem is like having an enormous vanilla cake, with the cherry stolen from the top! ;)

Oh yeah, another album I want to get my hands on for quite some time is: Slide- Unstable (1998) (Transient Records)

http://www.discogs.com/artist/Slide

I don't think I could ever settle for a vinyl copy of The Juggeling Alchemists Under The Black Light... And why one may ask? Because the vinyl version does not contain my all time favorite Etnica track, Mystical Appearance in Goa!

So, to have the vinyl version of that undeniable gem is like having an enormous vanilla cake, with the cherry stolen from the top! ;)

Mystical Appearance In Goa on vinyl

well rino u have your chances to get all the tracks on vinyl original at least.. thats what's probably they meant ;)

But i understand u want the cd ehe! well i surely hope u will find it someday!

Im with u on these ones!

I also would like to get my hands on Butterfly Dawn (LSD)!

hmmmmm..... I saw that not too long ago I think.

Will keep an eye out for you!